Bubba 76 by Emerald Triangle grow

• Thread starter ShiftyThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShiftyThumb

Picked this up as a freebie and was very excited to try it. It just flipped into flower 8 days ago. I wasn't planning on making a log, but seeing a few others going about the same time dictates sharing and comparing. It seemed just a touch finicky in veg, much preferring hid lighting to fluorescent, but came around to be nicely bushy. I will drag her out tomorrow and snap a pic. I may not be able to post it for a while though. I'll ask here even though I'll go research again, but what is the expected flowering time? Good growin. Stay safe n smokin

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Watch out for that 5th week- almost guaranteed you'll see stamen on them...

I have only a couple that stayed one sex.... though I will say they are fine looking indeed... I hope their 76Afghan is good... I've heard positive things. One looks very afghan, bullet shaped top buds......>Link<...... I am looking forward to it-- I also have their Emerald Jack, and it is putting out some nice plants- I have a Jack leaner that looks like she will make me quite happy when all is said and done

619ster

619ster

^^ Yup Emerald Jack I got is pretty nice :)
CIMG4287.JPG

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Breeder packaging says 7-8 weeks for the bubbas... Mine are around day 50ish and look basically done... I'll probably go the full 8 at least and really doubt they'll need any more, but go 9 weeks at most for a nice long flush...

Burned Haze

I've ran this outside and indoors , both do decent :)

Out of my 5 pack (3f) two were keepers and I liked over original pre 98 alone.

S

ShiftyThumb

Day 30. Fingers crossed. I'll snap a few pics to upload during flower, but more when she's hanging/drying and curing. She's looking 8wk max atm. Smells amazing.

alpinehi

alpinehi

Watch out for that 5th week- almost guaranteed you'll see stamen on them...

I have only a couple that stayed one sex.... though I will say they are fine looking indeed... I hope their 76Afghan is good... I've heard positive things. One looks very afghan, bullet shaped top buds......>Link<...... I am looking forward to it-- I also have their Emerald Jack, and it is putting out some nice plants- I have a Jack leaner that looks like she will make me quite happy when all is said and done

Naturaltherapy I don't know what your set up is like but I have ran and seen a lot of ET gear and have never seen any definitive hermaphroditic tendencies.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Naturaltherapy I don't know what your set up is like but I have ran and seen a lot of ET gear and have never seen any definitive hermaphroditic tendencies.
Glad to hear you've had better luck with them.... I was a bit curious if maybe they were more suited to outdoor growing, and perhaps that is why there had been some hermaphroditism...

I'm running bottled organics in soil in a medium sized caregiver setup...

Look... certainly not saying all or most of ETS is unstable, just the bubba 76.
I know personally two other growers who have experienced the same with their own set of bubba 76 seeds. One is a low production high quality dude, one is commercial set up --both of them running super soil and the full organic program indoors... They both, independent of one another, warned me about week 5 stamen. They were both right.

Plants look really great, but of 7 females only two stayed true female through the cycle. The five intersex plants ranged in stamen production, one plant was so bad I threw it out, but the rest were manageable with some attention with tweezers. And to be fair I far from nailed this run due to some wonky well water...but again, 2 friends had warned me of instability before I ever ran them..

On the other hand, I did not see one single stamen on the Emerald Jack ladies I grew- in fact found a killer killer jack dominant pheno I am happy with. The OG dom side look phenomenal but were boring in terms of smell and effect... Good work strains as they say in CA, but not what I am after as a caregiver

alpinehi

alpinehi

Noted. I'll keep an eye out for them when I do the bubba's. Out of the 8 EJs that I am about to take down (in fact I did two of them just this afternoon) one of them is producing a few staminate flowers but not enough to impact anything. Sounds like our runs of EJ were very similar in phenotypic results. Three smell like Jack, one smells like Jack with og undertones, and the others just look ridiculous but don't have that killer smell (and probably the taste) that I covet so much. Either way I have more seeds of the EJ and those are definitely going to go down at some point.

S

ShiftyThumb

Roight. So none that I could find so far, though I'm suspecting there might one or two I missed somewhere. Some pistils are darkening and curling down on some buds, but this may be (hopefully) due to me brushing into them and making them unhappy. She's starting to swell a bit more now at day 36. Smells sweet with interesting undertones. Hard to tell as she's in a scrog, which is another reason I suspect I missed one or two stamens. Can't pull her out to look all the way, so I lightly mist with water. The Emerald Jacks look awesome. I'd definitely try em out. I'll see if I can't get a picture up here soon

S

ShiftyThumb

Day 43. She looks and smells gorgeous. Trying to figure a way to get a good picture. I'll definitely post finished shots of nothing else. Good stuff ETS. Thanks for throw in up freebies on the 'Tude.

S

ShiftyThumb

Day 52 and she's about to come down. Good mix of trich colors. I'd say 30:50:20 clear/milk/amber. Looks and smells amazing. Can't wait to try her