Bubba Kush, Cherry Cake Grow Journal

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

Today was a big day for the lady's. At 46 days / 4 days into flower flip it was time to defoliate. Only thing done up until this point is being topped twice. They have been kept short and squat up until the week before flip when I pulled the HLG 100 V2's 4000k and put the new dual HLG 260 Rspec lights in with UVA-30. It was like a jungle in there. I also worked the DE into the soil a bit better that I added on flip day. I'm so glad I found my bag of DE! Great stuff!!! I then gave them each a quart of water from a gallon jug mixed with 1/4 tsp of cal-mag and 1 tsp of molasses. They will get a proper feeding and watering again on Thursday. They dropped there leaves down and got sad while I was working with them and had them out of the tent. Got them back into the tent and water and it was like nothing happened. Dropped the lights back a notch and measured the PPFD at 650 so they have grown closer to the light and I didn't want to raise the light just yet. Thursday I will raise it a couple of inches and put the lights back up a notch and should be back at 725 PPFD or so. Anyway all's good,,, here's some pics.

Tent pic after the lady's were back home.
46 days defoliation

Before and after.
Cherry cake 3 pre defoliation

Cherry cake 3 defoliated

Trim pile
Trim

Blastfact

Blastfact

Yesterday was 49 days / 7 weeks. The plants responded well to the first and only major defoliation. From now on it will just be thumb rubs to keep the suckers under control. The stretch has started and definition of bud sites are set. There getting a full dose of there Bloom City dry ferts once a week now. 1 quart watering every other day are now a reality and will increase. One watering will be plain ph water only with alternating watering's with 1/4 tsp of cal-mag and 1 tsp of molasses per gal. Foliar sprays of half strength silicate and Bloom Khaos mix will continue for a few more weeks until we have set buds. The HLG Dual 260 Rspec w/UVA-30 are doing great! They are now set at notch 7 which is good for 230 watts per fixture with a max draw of 257 watts per fixture. Set 27" above the tallest plant. 870 PPFD and DLI 37.58 for the two rear plants. Front left is 850 PPFD and DLI 36.72. With the front left runt at 750 PPFD and DLI of 32.40. The runt will get elevated this week at some point if stretch does not make a big impact in it’s height soon. Temp is still running between 79f/81f with a set point of 80f. Temps drop off to the mid 70’s f when lights off. Humidity was dropped from 65% to 60% yesterday. I expect the RH to remain at this setpoint for at least two if not three weeks. Once they get past button buds I will then start dropping it 5% a week until harvest. If I’m going to use scrog I need to get it in this week. And I hate scrog in my tent. The grow is going really good, Knock on Wood! Walked right up to the edge of to much nutrients and almost visted to much light. But the plants have responded to both very well. The lights may get one more power bump in a couple of weeks. But without CO2 there near the point of diminishing returns. And setting in a very good area for good growth. With a current ave. of 835 PPFD and a ave. DLI of 36.07. Temp of 80 / RH 60%. Water and feed the grow is on cruise control right now barring any disasters.

49 days / 7 Weeks

49 days
49 days1920Ă—2177 827 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

56 Days / 8 Weeks and the grow is on schedule. Two weeks of flower 12/12 done. Plants still stretching a bit and all bud sites are set with buttons developing fast. They stretched to the lights and caught me a tad off guard the other day. So I raised the lights a few inches then gave them some more onion! Turned them up one click so they are now at 940 PPFD with DLI @ 40.61. Temp is 80f / 60%rh still. Depending on how the buds set I might drop the humidity down to 55% next week. But without CO2 there is no reason to give them anymore light. UVA is at 10 hours per light cycle. In two weeks they will be at 12 hours UVA. No reason to stress them to much with the UV. You can see the UV stress in the pics. Some would swear it's nitrogen toxicity. Just the UV doing what UV does. Still getting a quart of water each every other day. One day plain ph water, next watering 1/4 tsp of cal-mag a gal with one tsp of molasses per gal. Still feeding the Bloom City dry ferts once a week. Knocking on wood the grow is in Cadillac mode.

Week 8

Cherry cake 1

Cherry cake 3

Bubba Kush

Budsite 1

Budsite 2

Budsite 3

Blastfact

Blastfact

63 days / 9 weeks and everything is ripping along great. The surprise plant of them is the Bubba Kush. As a seedling it was so stunted and abused waiting on other fufu seeds to pop that it ended up loosing it’s leaves and was nothing more than a stem. Just a plain stem. Other seeds finally popped and what the hell give her some good light and see what she does. She put on a couple of leaves and the rest is history. Far better plant than the fufu Cherry Cakes. The stretch is still on and the surprise Bubba Kush is the stretcher and king. Lights are still on the same power level @ 230w each running on ave. 940 PPFD. I did try bumping them up and then backed them back down. Temps got to high and they went firmly into CO2 territory with some slight burning. Just don’t need to be there. Next week watering once a day will be a must. And has the stretch continues raising the lights more often will be a daily check. The UVA-30 has been adjusted to 11 hours on time. Next week it will be set to 12 hours to run with the dual 260’s. Humidity level was dropped to 55%. Did pick a few of the lower big fans off. They were dying, not enough light to keep them productive fueling the engine. They are now producing a little bit of sugar so it will be fun to watch them from this point on.

Plants week 9

Bubba Kush

Cherry Cake

Cherry Cake1

Cherry Cake2

Cherry Cake3

Cherry Cake4

Cherry Cake5

Cherry Cake6

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

63 days / 9 weeks and everything is ripping along great. The surprise plant of them is the Bubba Kush. As a seedling it was so stunted and abused waiting on other fufu seeds to pop that it ended up loosing it’s leaves and was nothing more than a stem. Just a plain stem. Other seeds finally popped and what the hell give her some good light and see what she does. She put on a couple of leaves and the rest is history. Far better plant than the fufu Cherry Cakes. The stretch is still on and the surprise Bubba Kush is the stretcher and king. Lights are still on the same power level @ 230w each running on ave. 940 PPFD. I did try bumping them up and then backed them back down. Temps got to high and they went firmly into CO2 territory with some slight burning. Just don’t need to be there. Next week watering once a day will be a must. And has the stretch continues raising the lights more often will be a daily check. The UVA-30 has been adjusted to 11 hours on time. Next week it will be set to 12 hours to run with the dual 260’s. Humidity level was dropped to 55%. Did pick a few of the lower big fans off. They were dying, not enough light to keep them productive fueling the engine. They are now producing a little bit of sugar so it will be fun to watch them from this point on.

View attachment 1240476
View attachment 1240477
View attachment 1240478
View attachment 1240479
View attachment 1240480
View attachment 1240481
View attachment 1240482
View attachment 1240483
View attachment 1240484
Beautiful healthy plants

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looks like you got stuff dialed in, pour on the lights if you can keep the temps down. Bubba loves light in my experience. Very productive at high PPFD.

I'm trying to figure out if that is a tattoo, and is it a nuclear mushroom cloud? 10MM?

Blastfact

Blastfact

Beautiful healthy plants
I mentioned in the report I had some burning and forgot to post that pic. So here it is. Got to it quick before the damage turned into a permeant issue. Backed the power pack down one click and raised the light 3". When I checked the the PPFD two buds were seeing 1200 PPFD. Don't need that at all....

Burn bubba

Blastfact

Blastfact

Looks like you got stuff dialed in, pour on the lights if you can keep the temps down. Bubba loves light in my experience. Very productive at high PPFD.

I'm trying to figure out if that is a tattoo, and is it a nuclear mushroom cloud? 10MM?
Light level is going to stay where it's at at least until stretch is over. Yes it's a tat, yes it's a nuke explosion, 10mm is my favorite pistol caliber/round. I always load them very hot and in the 10mm world we call them nuke loads. Most shooters know what it means. All 10mm shooters know. LMAO,,,, The G20 is always on my desk with whatever I'm carrying that day when I leave the house.

G202

Blastfact

Blastfact

70 days/10 weeks, 5 weeks of flower as of last Thursday. I’m very late on this update. So as of last night when I took the pics it was 74 days. The wife had a medical issue we have been working on for a few weeks that ended up in a Ambulance ride and hospital time last Thursday morning. So this grow has suffered bad. While I did have some good help with the grow. You know how it goes when your not on the job tending your garden. They did miss a straight watering and a fortified water, watering and a feeding. When I got to them yesterday morning they were severely wilted all sorts of drooping and many of the lower fan leaves were yellowed and gone. They did need to be cleaned out. Just hate to do it the way it happened. Really put the plants through some massive stress and they were hurt at exactly the wrong time. While they did bounce back. Critical grow time was ruined and it shows. So I ended up getting them watered back up and went ahead and gave them a foliar feeding with Bloom Chaos and also hit them with a foliar feeding of silica. Then later in the day I hit them with there normal feeding and some fortified water. I ended up pulling them all out of the tent and pulling a pile of hurt and dead leaves off and out of the plants. It was a larger pile of foliage than the first clean up. I like to leave as many leaves as possible to power the engine while keeping the lower 25% of the plant clean. It really sucks to basically lose a week in flower. But it is what it is. And my wife is far more important to me than any grow. I love her dearly, she is my everything. She felt so bad yesterday when she saw them. I was hoping to get them reworked without her seeing them. She felt a bit better when she saw how they made a valiant effort to bounce back last night.

Plants week 10

Bubba Kush

Cherry Cake

Bubba Kush 1

Bubba Kush 2

Cherry Cake 1

Cherry Cake 2

Cherry Cake 3

Cherry Cake 4

Cherry Cake 5

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1240476
View attachment 1240477
View attachment 1240478
View attachment 1240479
View attachment 1240480
View attachment 1240481
View attachment 1240482
View attachment 1240483
View attachment 1240484
Nice

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

70 days/10 weeks, 5 weeks of flower as of last Thursday. I’m very late on this update. So as of last night when I took the pics it was 74 days. The wife had a medical issue we have been working on for a few weeks that ended up in a Ambulance ride and hospital time last Thursday morning. So this grow has suffered bad. While I did have some good help with the grow. You know how it goes when your not on the job tending your garden. They did miss a straight watering and a fortified water, watering and a feeding. When I got to them yesterday morning they were severely wilted all sorts of drooping and many of the lower fan leaves were yellowed and gone. They did need to be cleaned out. Just hate to do it the way it happened. Really put the plants through some massive stress and they were hurt at exactly the wrong time. While they did bounce back. Critical grow time was ruined and it shows. So I ended up getting them watered back up and went ahead and gave them a foliar feeding with Bloom Chaos and also hit them with a foliar feeding of silica. Then later in the day I hit them with there normal feeding and some fortified water. I ended up pulling them all out of the tent and pulling a pile of hurt and dead leaves off and out of the plants. It was a larger pile of foliage than the first clean up. I like to leave as many leaves as possible to power the engine while keeping the lower 25% of the plant clean. It really sucks to basically lose a week in flower. But it is what it is. And my wife is far more important to me than any grow. I love her dearly, she is my everything. She felt so bad yesterday when she saw them. I was hoping to get them reworked without her seeing them. She felt a bit better when she saw how they made a valiant effort to bounce back last night.

View attachment 1243511
View attachment 1243512
View attachment 1243513
View attachment 1243514
View attachment 1243515
View attachment 1243516
View attachment 1243517
View attachment 1243518
View attachment 1243519
View attachment 1243520
Man those veins look purple on this screen. How are the petioles and stalks?

Were you expecting that? I don’t recall your temps or if you are using UV?

Blastfact

Blastfact

Man those veins look purple on this screen. How are the petioles and stalks?

Were you expecting that? I don’t recall your temps or if you are using UV?
There has always been a lot of purple in the leaf stems, stalks are clean and green, 80f @ 55% rh, under UVA....

Blastfact

Blastfact

77 Days / 11 Weeks, 6 weeks flower. When something goes wrong in your grow I think it's like deaths or bad juju in ones life. They come in three's in my world. Had the wifes health issues. Then flash floods and historic rain and storms that brought power outages and then the last of my Bloom City dry ferts went bad. Opened the bag to feed them last Thursday and was greeted with a smell rivaling drowning death victims. I've been using this simple grow/bloom fert system for years and that never happened. While this was going to be my last grow with this system I hated to have this happen in mid flower. Coupled with the flooding and power outages just one issue after another. So hopefully the bad happenings and juju are over and the grow can finish out on a high note. The flooding brought a gnat and ant infestation. Bugs showed up everywhere. The DE mixed in the soil and a micro top dressing have been killing the gnats and the ants. And I've done a couple of silica foliar sprays so the bug problem seems to be going away almost as fast as it came. But that left the fert issue. I did not want to order anymore Bloom City so I switched them over to Nectar of the Gods that I'm using on another grow. The NOTG was bought as a sampler pack of 6 quarts and I added two more quarts to make up the Greek package. Can't even get into all the Greek names for this fert system. The plants are starting to drink heavy at a quart a day now. So with the NOTG switch I started at 1/4 dose knowing there was still some Bloom City ferts active in the pots. And am now up to a 1/2 dose every other watering. Still dealing with damage from the health issue. Then throw in lighting and environmental issues from lack of power here and there they have taken a hit. All one can do is laugh and move on. Running a ave. of 875 PPFD across the canopy. Backed off the lights one click since everything has been in flux so bad of late.

Cherry Cake 1

Cherry Cake 2

Cherry Cake 3

Bubba Kush

CC1

CC2

CC3

CC4

CC5

BK1

BK2

BK3

It's now a cellar dweller grow. But that's how it go sometimes.

Blastfact

Blastfact

7 weeks of flower yesterday. There back on auto pilot for right now. They appear to be liking the Nectar of the Gods bottle festival. So I will keep riding this horse for several more weeks. The Cherry Cake is suppose to be a 8 to 9 week finisher. I’m seeing a 10 or 11 week finish at this point. The Bubba Kush is normally around 10 weeks so we will see how this runs its course.

Week 12 plants

Bubba1

Bubba2

Cc1

Cc2

Cc3

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

7 weeks of flower yesterday. There back on auto pilot for right now. They appear to be liking the Nectar of the Gods bottle festival. So I will keep riding this horse for several more weeks. The Cherry Cake is suppose to be a 8 to 9 week finisher. I’m seeing a 10 or 11 week finish at this point. The Bubba Kush is normally around 10 weeks so we will see how this runs its course.

View attachment 1246604
View attachment 1246605
View attachment 1246606
View attachment 1246607
View attachment 1246608
View attachment 1246609
Nice flowers my friend

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hello, Sorry about the late update. The ladys are finishing out now at 13.5 weeks since helmet heads, 8.5 weeks flower or 96 days or so of being on earth. Most of the trikes are cloudy and as soon as I start seeing amber there chopped. Could be a day or another week. But I start seeing amber on any one plant there chopped. The grow has ran it’s course and I’m ready to move on. For me I see it as a below average grow. I should have never grew the runt out. Should have culled that little junker right out and went with #7 nursery pots and only 3 plants. They could have vegged longer but it was like they just stopped growing in late veg so I went ahead and flipped them. The genetics are pretty much bottom of the barrel. I will see how it dries and cures out. May surprise me, but I strongly doubt it. There will be at least one more update maybe two. My other small grow in the 2x4 is doing a lot better other than a UV mishap. LMAO! But this grow clearly wants to finish out and be history.

Tent shot.

plants 13.5 weeks
plants 13.5 weeks1920Ă—2560 991 KB

Bubba Kush

bubba kush
bubba kush1920Ă—2560 799 KB

bubba kush bud
bubba kush bud1920Ă—2560 806 KB

Cherry Cake #1

cherry cake 1
cherry cake 11920Ă—2560 550 KB

cherry cake 1 bud
cherry cake 1 bud1920Ă—2560 749 KB

cherry cake 1 bud 2
cherry cake 1 bud 21920Ă—2560 911 KB

Cherry Cake #2 The useless runt.

cherry cake 2 bud
cherry cake 2 bud1920Ă—2560 724 KB

Cherry Cake #3

cherry cake 3
cherry cake 31920Ă—2560 735 KB

cherry cake 3 bud 1
cherry cake 3 bud 11920Ă—2560 683 KB

cherry cake 3 bud close up
cherry cake 3 bud close up1920Ă—2560 749 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

15 Weeks yesterday. Got a few ambers and took them down. They were finishing out very violently and hard. Would get a bit of purple then yellow, then brown and onion paper brown leaves. All in the course of a day or two. They were just done, ready for harvest. I checked the EC and they were still eating but there was no use in keeping them going. I had been trimming the ppfd back the last week and slowly letting tent temps drop and was not running the humdifier. With all the rain we have had RH was staying 50% to 55%. Woke up yesterday and checked them with the loop and had a few amber trich’s in and on the buds so it was chop day. It would have been nice if I could have let them go a few more days and get a bit more bulk. But I knew they would go full amber really fast once they started changing and I did not want heavy amber trich’s at any level. So for me this a below average grow. Not impressed at all with the genetics of 5seeds Bubba Kush and Elev8 Cherry Cake. Then throw in a week or so of grow issues because of a medical issue my wonderful wife had in the middle of flower took a toll. Then as I was working on bringing the grow back on track after the wifes issue. I found my Bloom City, Bloom dry fert had went bad so I switched over to Nectar of the God’s I had on hand didn’t help any. Also the decision to keep a runt seedling that I should of culled out and go with #5 nursery pots also didn’t help. Would have been better to cull the runt and go with only three plants in #7 Nursery pots. As they say hindsight is 20/20, LMAO So now there hung and drying. I don’t get all wound up with drying. They will hang in the dark with tent temps staying between 70f to 72f with RH around 55% to 60% with 6" fans circing air around inside the tent. Temps get above 72f exhaust fan will come on and pull the temp down and if RH gets to low humidifier will fire up. If RH goes above 60% exhaust fan will come on and bring it down in the tent. We have had a lot of rain lately and will remain humid for the next 3 to 5 days then drop down as the drying out finishes up. They will hang and dry 7 to 10 days. Once I get a crunchy stem fold over I will trim and jar.

plants
plants1920Ă—2560 1.05 MB

bk1
bk11920Ă—2560 894 KB

bk2
bk21920Ă—2560 463 KB

cc1
cc11920Ă—2560 714 KB

cc2
cc21920Ă—2560 688 KB

cc3
cc31920Ă—2560 687 KB