Bubba Kush grow tips please...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hey guys...I have some Bubba S1's that I'm gonna attempt to make clones from soon (via EZ Cloner)...
After the clones are ready planning to give them about 4weeks veg before I flower.They will be under 600 watt HPS, medium adjust-a-wings reflector, 3' x 3' footprint, soil grow.

Should I veg the rooted clones under t5's or HPS lighting? What distances should I use here?

Should I go with 3 or 5 gallon buckets? I'm wondering if they grow too branchy to stick 9 plants (in a 3' x 3' footprint) in 3 gallon buckets?

Should I be looking into topping/FIM/LST etc for these?

Any other tips specific to Pre-98 Bubba Kush S1's would be most welcome by this rookie, I just wanna do justice to Cali Connection's fine work.

T

Time

T5's would be my choice for veg and I would place the light as close as possible.

The bubba is not a vigorous grower so you should be OK with 3 gallon pots.

I always top my bubba at least once and it seems to work out better than letting them go without.

saldiado

saldiado

i got 2 pre 98 bubbas that are about a foot and a half tall, and are at least equally that wide. the smell in veg is beautiful already. i havent topped them at all, but have been frequently supercropping, and they are really bushing out. the funny thing is in veg i have a CFL, and a LED , and the bubba directly under the led is showing the most vigorous growth( unexpected, but a nice suprise) These bubbas both are very tolerant to nutes, as i have been pretty busy, and have only been changing the res out(DWC) every couple weeks. The only times either of them have shown stress has been when the ph has been a little high(6.3+). for veg im using 5-10ml a gallon of cal mag, 10ml a gallon micro, and 5ml bloom, and they have definitely been enjoying it. especially with how hot its been, ive been very proud of these girls for sticking through it. out of the strains i have going the bubbas are definitely the most interesting looking and smelling in veg, good luck hope this helps a little, sal

JH420

JH420

Thanks brothas...perhaps I've been going too light on the Micro (Advanced Nutrients)? I've been using 5ml per gallon (soil / fed twice per week) and have been getting a fair bit of yellow (nitrogen def) leaves at the bottom...so I should be safe to double that dosage to 10ml per gallon? I think my babies are just about the same age as yours Sal...yeah they smell great for a plant in veg.

Here is my nutrient regimen for veg, all values based on a half gallon which is the total amount used to water my ten kushlets...nutrients added twice weekly:

Advanced Nutrients:

Micro 2.5 ml
Grow 5 ml
Bloom 1.5 ml
Enggy's Fulvic 4 ml
Sensi Cal 2.5 ml

Plus I use grozyme 3ml per half gallon...ph'd to 6.5. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight.

O

Orange juice

Yes definitely bump up those nutes if your leaves are yellowing. Bubba can handle it, she likes her nutes and a little cal mag now and then dont hurt her either.

A

Alekiboy

The bubba is not a vigorous grower so you should be OK with 3 gallon pots.

I always top my bubba at least once and it seems to work out better than letting them go without.

Extremely vigorous plants if you are growing the Cali Pre98 Bubba....

I wouldn't top but I am growing outside and about 36-40 inches tall is optimum for me!!

N

NorCalHal

I have to disagree Alek, for me, the Bubba is a SLOW vegger..After about 4-5 weeks of Veg, it will go a little faster, but she has to be well established,imo.

Topping is a must if you want decent yields, along with a few "pinches" during Veg really helps with the yield also.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I have to disagree Alek, for me, the Bubba is a SLOW vegger..After about 4-5 weeks of Veg, it will go a little faster, but she has to be well established,imo.

Topping is a must if you want decent yields, along with a few "pinches" during Veg really helps with the yield also.

I have to agree also here. Bubba has got to be one of the most pain in the backside plant i have in my stable. It grow's so damn slow, but will increase as she get's bigger. I'm finally getting her dialed in, but I've still got a lot to learn with this girl. She is a slow vegger for sure, but I nice looking plant.

Good luck with your plants. I hope they do well. I barely feed mine and they grow well. You should do well with these plants. Sounds like you got some nice strong plants. If they are yellowing. I would bump up your feeding like the other member posted.
Good luck,
BG

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
The CLONE is a very slow vegger at first.....once dialed in she can grow quite fast under the appropriate light/environment, but overall...SLOW. Nothing compared to urkel, if that helps anyone's frame of reference. She loves her cal/mag and loves being topped as many times as you can manage...............keep her nicely fed with a good 3 week flush and you'll hopefully be enjoying coffee beans dipped in hash in NO time ;)

here is my current clone (same clone swerve used to make the S1's)
bf

Bubba
Bubba b
JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Oh that looks like the fire bro, I have never smoked bubba K before, but I have been smokin the Blanco Kush which is suppose to be an S1 of Bubba but Frostyer... Some Real Dannk, I would love to try some bubba to compare...

K

koopa troopa

ya hopefully your bubba clones root jg. my bubba clone that survived was so freakish looking with all fat single-bladed leaves. i supercropped that bitch and more branches are appearing. my favorite thing to do in the morning if i don't have school is to drink some coffee and smoke bud. i can't imagine coffee hash weed... bfunk you keep it official ticial.

D

dusty

The Bubba K is a leafy plant that builds a strong root system and stocky branches with walnut sized nugs of even density from tip to base if given enough light. On her own she's kind of annoying...Reversed to a male and used in crosses everything 'she' hit was improved. The Bubba K S1 selection is also a 100% improvement over the mother plant in growth, yield, and finished product too.

saldiado

saldiado

"The Bubba K S1 selection is also a 100% improvement over the mother plant in growth, yield, and finished product too." that sounds pretty damm good. I am very pleased with the s1's so far. the smell is amazing in veg, and a lil supercropping has gone along way with her.

saldiado

saldiado

update...

Temps have been scary but the girls have been strong through it, and are looking happy

Bubba kush pre 98 s1 2month from seed
Bubba kush s1 from seed
saldiado

saldiado

yeah I have never grown bubba out before, but the two I have going from seed are very similar, and the smell on the stem is exactly the same from both, and very unique. I love seeds too, you could always be knocking on the door of something new. thanks again to swerve for the honor to work with these strains

G

gogetta

i wonder if swerve's s1's are are femenized? or is that a dumb question? lol

S

Swerve

never a dumb question....questions are never dumb they are imporant to figure out the information you are searching for...

yes the s1s are femmd...enjoy

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Wow I did not realize it was a slow vegger.
I grow erkle and GDP so maybe it will seem like a fast vegger to me.
Those plants are beautiful bro.

Top Bottom