Bubble Bags VS Tumbler, for trim??

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Heya guys...assuming I would build the tumbler myself so cost vs bags is pretty similar...which would you recommend and why? I am leaning towards a tumbler cuz I love the taste of keefe, plus it looks like a lot less work and I am a lazy bastard :joint: The bubble bags look like a pain in zee asha to work with in comparison, so is there any advantage to the bags if cost is the same? How comparable is the finished product from each?

TIA :passingjoint:

M

mrdizzle

I tell ya bud, I have a 9bag bubble set plus a washing machine. pain in the fucking ass. That being said I would go tumbler all the way. its really a ton of work to make bubble and if you want the full full melt the yeild is very low. if you just let the trim tumble without putting the bouncing ball in the tumbler too the finished product can be amazing. 98% less work involved

L

lime6161

Bags are good for some situations. Personally, there need to be alot of trim about because its a huge pain in the ass/mess if your doin it in your kitchen.

For me, I am able to get a nice pile, with minimal effort from every grow. The time I then spend over the bubblebox w/a huge pile of kief have been much more rewarding.

Blaze

Blaze

Get the one that makes what you like to smoke most. If you prefer kief over bubble hash, that's what I'd say to go for. Personally I like bubble more, but not everyone's tastes are the same.

JH420

JH420

Good point! I love keefe bong hits so another point for the tumbler :yes

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

neither!! freezer and shaker! the best of both worlds!
atmtestsieves.jpg

they come in all sizes my friends!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I like pressed hash most myself. Lots more flavor.Make sure you dry and cure your trim just like you would your buds! Then sift and press to make that old style hash.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

nice! how much can you process at a time for the size you own and how long is a cycle?

you need to shop around there vary in price based on diameter and size of screens

happy shaking

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You can also just use a canning jar, lid, and piece of silk screen and make your own shaker.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

yes you can you can use tupperware storage containers also , but if ya want Quality Stainless screens or laser cut holes are a must

waayne

waayne

The tumblers tend to be faster and easier to use
:passingjoint:

J

Jalisco Kid

I think water hash taste too sterile with a metallic background taste. Not strong but it is there. Tumblers are nice but I prefer my silk screens sitting on a vibrator. Kief has more oils/flavors. I enjoy finger hash the most though. Though I took a set of screens for bubble hash down to Mex and if you have no work involved pulling an oz out of the 73 for yourself is not all that bad either.Somehow free non hassle/work bubble taste better. Suerte JK

B

billybadazz

I got the 5 bag 20 gallon set and it was cool for the first 5-6 harvests now I dread freezing my hands and ass off all night in my garage making bubble. I want to get a tumbler then throw the kief in a stainless turkey baster and make some BHO. lately i don't want to smoke anything but that. let me know if anyone's tried that and the results (I'm guessing stellar if so) -BB

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I am thinking of purchasing this tumbler..
I was wondering what micron drum is best? the 120 lpi (125 micron) or 110 lpi (160 micron) or should I get both?

F

FileError404

Here is their guide:

For personal I would get the 120 steel one, best quality >>> weight.

G

Gnarfbuckle

those ok'iefs look a bit expensive for a tumbler in a rubbermaid IMO

Top Bottom