bubble hash after an aphid problem. dead bodies and eggs?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

ok ive got a small aphid problem. some have molted and left little white skeletons on some leaves.

some have died

some have gotten to adulthood and stuck on the odd sugar leaf.

some leaves still have a little shit on the bottom of them.

its not that bad though.

can my sugar leaf and trim still be used for anything? would the first screen in bubble hash catch most of the unwanted stuff?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Figure out the average size of an adult aphid and you will find how many microns it will go through. I imagine the water will push some through, but I think we all have smoked some weed that has had a few aphids in it without knowing. So, your 120micron bags and below should be good, I'd imagine...? When you have made your bubble hash and have it planed out to dry, you can take your jewelers loupe and look through at the heads and you should be able to see any foreign matter / aphids in the hash.

CF89

CF89

Well it’s all the micro particles I’m worried about.

Those dry aphid shells when their molted (same as a dry snake skin when it sheds in my eyes) get bone dry and then powderized I’d imagine. Gross

I was planning on doing fresh frozen if that matters.

Having .01% of my hash consist of aphid dust and stuff won’t bug me much I guess. There’s worse going through my body.

only 1% of leaves got 3-5 aphid bodies on them. The rest are good and body free.

maybe I’ll go through when trimming and remove just the 1 or 2% of the bad leaves with more than 2 aphid bodies on them, and consider the rest of the leaves “clean”.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Would a solvent extraction instead of bubble bags not take care of the problem?

TonyAlder

TonyAlder

Go to your local garden store they will help you better than anyone on here can

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
ok ive got a small aphid problem. some have molted and left little white skeletons on some leaves.

some have died

some have gotten to adulthood and stuck on the odd sugar leaf.

some leaves still have a little shit on the bottom of them.

its not that bad though.

can my sugar leaf and trim still be used for anything? would the first screen in bubble hash catch most of the unwanted stuff?
Wash your pot after you cut it down....5 gallon buckets...

500ml peroxide in the first bucket dip shake and stir a branch of buds,,shake off excess water

Second 5gal bucket stir in 1 plastic lemon juice bottle & 1 cup baking powder stir in dip shake and stir a branch of buds,,shake off excess water

3rd bucket cold clear water dip shake and stir a branch of buds,,shake off excess water

You'll see debris in each bucket...I use a strainer to clean the debris out after washing a few branches to keep the buckets clean.

Then hang to dry with an oscillating fan blowing on them for 2 hrs then shut the fan off and dry normally

Once you wash your buds the first time you'll be a bud washer for life...It smooths the smoke and stops the snap crackle and pop from the bugs skeletons & their shit.

CF89

CF89

Go to your local garden store they will help you better than anyone on here can

Really? The idiots at the small town garden store that grow tomatoes and carrots will know better than guys on the concentrates section of a marijuana forum that have been making hash and growing dope for 20-40 years??

Top Bottom