Bubble hash rosin amount to press at a time

• Thread starter Wanda_Cosma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wanda_Cosma

Wanda_Cosma

So I've been making bubble hash for a long time now but recently I discovered some new stuff going on. Namely pressing. So I'm getting a press. But I can't find out how much people put in their 2x4 bag to press. I did see that 2g wasn't enough, ok cool, but how much should go in or am I looking for certain dimensions. Also getting a pre-press mold so I'm guessing it a matter of how high that is filled. Any tips or links are appreciated so I don't waste too much hash when the press comes🤣

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
So I've been making bubble hash for a long time now but recently I discovered some new stuff going on. Namely pressing. So I'm getting a press. But I can't find out how much people put in their 2x4 bag to press. I did see that 2g wasn't enough, ok cool, but how much should go in or am I looking for certain dimensions. Also getting a pre-press mold so I'm guessing it a matter of how high that is filled. Any tips or links are appreciated so I don't waste too much hash when the press comes🤣
Great questions! Before deciding how much material to put inside your 2" x 4" rosin bags, first make sure you're using the correct size first.

What size rosin plates are you planning to get?

The general rule is to get rosin bags that are about 0.5" to 1.0" clearance from the outside of the rosin bag to the outside of your rosin plates. This allows your rosin bag to expand as you progressively apply pressure! We recommend using 2" x 4" rosin bags with 3" x 5" press plates. You can also use our Starter Guide Quiz to answer a few questions to get rosin bag sizes and product recommendations that will fit your setup!

Next is to see how much material to put inside your bag! When pressing flower, you'll be able to pack less into the bag than bubble or sift so if you're going with 2" x 4" bags, we recommend starting with about 5 grams and working your way up. A 2" x 4" pre-press mold will definitely allow you to increase the amount you can press at once - up to about 10 to 15 grams. Pro tip is to use your actual press plates to compress your material in your pre-press mold so you can fit more. You can do this multiple times until you get the size you want.

And make sure you're double bagging your rosin bags since bubble can make it's way through seams! You'll want to use a 37 micron bag or lower to pack your start material with and then take a higher micron bag, like 90 micron, and wrap it around the 25 micron bag with the seams on opposite ends. This way, no matter what, your bubble will stay inside the bag. The 90 micron is solely there to prove structural support on the 25 micron bag! Read How to Double Bag Your Rosin Bag here.

Happy Pressing Fam! ❤️

Top Bottom