Bubblegun

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

My first Auto Flowering strain I've tried.. many a friend has told me to not waste my time on auto strains.. that the yield just isn't there and potency lacks compared to regular plants. Even I felt this to be true 10yr ago when only auto's available were Lowryder & LR#2. Problem with these was they were made with a dwarf style plant and were actually designed to be small and stealthy. However, now we have what is being called the Next Generation Auto's calling them Super Auto's and this really got my attention. Luckily I have made many friends over the past 10yrs of enjoying this great hobby.. gifted to me was a cross of AK47 and Sour60 and after some research found out Sour60 is actually BOG'S Sour Bubble turned Auto... talk about lucky.. so I decided to refer to this strain as: Bubblegun if that's ok.

Light: 400w HPS open air reflector
Setup: Stealth Closet 3ft deep x 2.5ft wide x 6ft high.
Cycle: Start on 18/6 until sex showed, then to 12/12.. next run will experiment with 18/6 throughout grow.
Nutes: Roots Organic Line.. Organic Soil, Organism XL., Buddha Grow/Bloom, HP2, HPK, Uprising Bloom,
and Roots66. Trying to keep things simple this 1st grow.
Pots: 1gal nursery pots to start until plants show sex, then into giant square 18L pots..
Start Day: All plants pushed thru soil and showed green on Christmas Day.. woot woot.
Strain: Bubblegun (5)

I started them in 1gal pots until sex showed which was pretty quickly.. out of 5, 1 stemmed over leaving me 3 females and 1 male. Since I wanted to make some more beans to keep for stock, I allowed the one male to lightly pollinate the lady next to him and then collected pollen from him to paint buds later on.. with Auto's I figured you need to pollinate quickly as you need 6wks for seeds to develop..
Transplanted them into the 3gal square pots using Roots Organic soil and the Organism XL.. watering the night before makes for a problem free transplant as the soil holds together much better..
after a week I super cropped all the growing shoots and within a week they all responded by exploding and man o man was I surprised..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Now, this is why I'm liking this strain.. watch the show they are starting to put on and now at day #20 to today, day #31.
Now the Sour60 is called thus because it's supposed to finish in 60 days.. early on I was thinking, no way, look at it.. lol. now I'm rethinking that it just might be close.. in love with this cross and hoping for great things and a great show next few weeks..

IMG 0033
IMG 0036
IMG 0042
IMG 0034
IMG 0039
IMG 0044
IMG 0052
IMG 0048
Quagmire

Quagmire

I two was sketchy on autos but I'm runnin two right now to try and change my perspective lol..I was told they would not do well if topped..I'm excited to see yours grow after being topped..good luck :D

I've not topped these at all... my research shows auto's do not respond well because of the recovery time needed after topping does not perform well and interrupts the quick flowering of the auto flowering strains.. sorry if I misled ya in any way bro..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks everyone.. the room is running at 72f and about 55-65% humidity and couldn't be any happier about that, summer will be a bit more challenging, but think I might of figured out how to combat my high temps..
Like to give a big props out to Seraphim for the offered guidance and for allowing me to share his knowledge with others. I think many old school growers have a negative picture about Auto's in there head due to the older ones being breed for a totally different purpose.. full on stealth and thus why they were more towards Dwarf then going for the monster.. keep in mind, the first generation of Autoflowering genetics were designed to be able to grow right under someone's nose.. um, there is no way that could happen with Bubblegun.. hehe.
UPdates to follow soon..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I've already got the next batch going and just wanted to give you all and idea what they'll be..
Strains: Blue Streak (1) . most of these beans arrived crushed, possibly over zealous stamper at Post Off. So the friend was stand up and sent me this: SSC M69 (4).. Now I think SSC means Super Sativa Club and it was called Lot #69. The exact genetics are unknown, but I did get this little bit. SSC had their own inner contest, of 14 entries it took 4th.. It was also entered in Spain's version of the Cannibis Cup and it placed in top again. Try to find out more.. but having an Auto Flowering Sativa dom x Afghan I believe is a good thing..
(1) Unkown, yes, I forgot to label it a while ago and just cannot recall.
More to come, so stay tuned...lol

Quagmire

Quagmire

A few mistakes I know I've made already.. I fed them to soon versus waiting a bit.. I switched lights to 12/12 to soon, started pre-flowering nutrients early.. other then that, everything is great.. just great. this must be one robust forgiving cross eh?

S

Seraphim19

A few mistakes I know I've made already.. I fed them to soon versus waiting a bit.. I switched lights to 12/12 to soon, started pre-flowering nutrients early.. other then that, everything is great.. just great. this must be one robust forgiving cross eh?

Why did you change over to 12/12? for the best results keep them on at least 18 hrs light for their entire life. I use a 20hrs light 4hrs dark cycle for the whole grow

Quagmire

Quagmire

Why did you change over to 12/12? for the best results keep them on at least 18 hrs light for their entire life. I use a 20hrs light 4hrs dark cycle for the whole grow
Well, mostly because this was my first grow with Auto's . After reading more of your information they are now on 18/6. I read where some use 24/0 but I think if a plant usually gets a dark cycle it needs a few hours of dark to do what they do and was worried it may cause hermie issues in some varieties.. I just switched them so thanks again for your input, much appreciated and sure I'll need more guidance.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Day #35.... One thing I'm noticing as these mature is how all 3 females look very much the same, a sign of pretty good genetics with very little variations between them other then height..

IMG 0077
IMG 0049
IMG 0096
IMG 0059
IMG 0093
IMG 0094
IMG 0095
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Looking very nice! Interested in anything breed with SourBubble.
This is what I wanted to say. My mentor runs autos and keeps them 18/6.

Best of luck.
Peace

Top Bottom