Bubblelicious & Northern Lights Seed Run

• Thread starter Nedster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nedster

Hi all, first grow thread on this site being bubblelicious & Northern Lights, both from seed. 10 of each were cracked, but 8 of each have survived. They have been vegging under a 250w cfl in a 1m sq tent for 4 weeks now, growth has been quite slow due to them being in a tent in my garage, I have a small oil filled rad in there to keep them happy but temps have been around 20deg constant.
They haven't been given any feed as yet due to pot ups.
They are now in their final pots(7.5ltr).
Some of the NL have been fimmed, some topped, I've done both techniques to see which is best. The bubblelicious are going to be allowed to grow a huge top cola(hopefully), to select a good sog mother.
They're currently at about 7-8 inches tall I'll get them to 12" before they go into my flower room, room specs are 1.2m sq tent, 600w HPS, 6" extraction & filter, 4" active intake & 6" fan to circulate air, Temps are pretty good about 70 deg dark, 75-78 lamp on, I have a fan controller to adjust temps.
I will be feeding them a well known tomatoe feed due to me getting made redundant, so cash is not as readily available. Wanted to try it anyway coz I've seen some cracking results with it though they will be getting fed hammerhead also.
Anyway enough rambling........a few pics.
Be lucky.....Ned.

Bubblelicious  northern lights seed run
Bubblelicious  northern lights seed run 2
Bubblelicious  northern lights seed run 3
M

muxee

Your babies look very pretty. I Can't wait to see them grow up. I have a bubbelicious clone that I got from a friend and I'm very interested in how it's gonna look. I'll keep watching for sure. Congrats and good growing.

N

Nedster

Hi muxee,mothra,triplefelony(mind if I call you tf? lol)
Thanks for looking in, i'll update next when they're ready to move to my flower room.
Getting a bit worried about the nl, they look like they may stretch a bit judging by the nodal spacings, though the leaves seem to edge towards indica in size, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I may need to supercrop them, its not something I've done before so any advise will be much appreciated. The bubblelicious are growing nice & tightly as you would expect from a full indica, but seem to be more or less keeping up with the nl height wize. I reckon another 7 days & these will in 12/12.
Cheers Ned

P

punkadc

hi nedster!:hi
plants look happy and healthy...cant wait to see them in flower!

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo Nedster, nice plant shots. Looking nice and healthy. I'd take slower growth that's healthy over faster and not as healthy any day. Can't wait to watch them unfold.

N

Nedster

Hi punkadc/JBB, thanks for taking the time to have a look, the nl are well recovered from the topping/fimming and are now growing nicely, few more days & they're into my flower room. I'd forgotten how boring growing in soil can be, I used to enjoy pottering around checking & adjusting my bubblers, apart from watering theres not alot to do lol.
Cheers Ned

N

Nedster

Hi all, time for an update.
The nl's have gone into my flower tent and are settling in nicely, should be an 8 weeks max flowerer on these possibly less but I wont start the countdown till they're showing the beginnings of buds at the tops, be just like my luck to get a load of lads lol.

Bubblelicious are still vegging away, at 10" this evening so should be going into the flower tent in the next few days

Latest pics include a PPP clone thats 3 weeks into flower and some superskunk clones that are gonna be scrogged, an unknown indica from a friend and finally a BB cheese. Also the NL & bubblelicious.

Cheers Ned

003 1
004 1
011 1
N

Nedster

Hi all, the nl are still to show sex and 6 of 8 of the bubblelicious are now showing female preflowers with 2 suspected males after only 5 days in my flower room!!
The ppp is coming along nicely about 4 weeks in.

Pics are....PPP and close up,and the flower room, need to thin it out a little in there lol, males will be taken out tonight at lights on.

Thanks for looking...Ned.

006 1
001 1
010 1
N

Nedster

Mothra,digdug thanks for looking in.
One of the bubblelicious suspected males was actually female, so thats 7 outta 8 which is pretty outstanding.
The nls have been binned apart from 2 of them, they are seedsman nl & i've heard that they stretch like feck and take 14 weeks to flower....not the 6/7 weeks stated on the pack, and I really cant be bothered with pissing around with them all that time. So i've kept the best 2, hopefully they will be fems but if not i'm not really bothered.
PPP is really starting to fatten up now.....pics to follow.
Cheers Ned.

N

Nedster

Few more weeks in & things are starting to get interesting, the bubblelicious are doing really well, I'm dead impressed with the speed these 'bud up', these are about 3 weeks from the first flower tops forming.
The so called nl...HA!!!, are looking to be digging in for a long haul, these, the 2 in the corners, have been in 12/12 for 6 weeks now.
others are super skunk 1 week in and 2 unknowns, think the dark leaved 1 may be cheese, it absolutely wreaks
All are being fed Tomato feed, big bud & hammerhead.
Thanks for looking Ned.

003 1
004 1
006 1
008 1
010 1
014 1
015 1
D

D9420

nice job:smiley_joint: that ppp is looking frosty.
got me wanting to pop my Bubblicious and i want to run them with my Double Gum find a keeper from both and cross them

U

USApotluvr1

Sweet jungle, Nedster!

Great job, nedster, the tent is fillin' in fast! potluvr

D

draksensi

Mothra,digdug thanks for looking in.
One of the bubblelicious suspected males was actually female, so thats 7 outta 8 which is pretty outstanding.
The nls have been binned apart from 2 of them, they are seedsman nl & i've heard that they stretch like feck and take 14 weeks to flower....not the 6/7 weeks stated on the pack, and I really cant be bothered with pissing around with them all that time. So i've kept the best 2, hopefully they will be fems but if not i'm not really bothered.
PPP is really starting to fatten up now.....pics to follow.
Cheers Ned.
binning stuff on hearsay never a good policy imho,but hey you the man, plants look nice ive got 1 double gum (white label) on the go at the mo going on 12/12 soon

N

Nedster

binning stuff on hearsay never a good policy imho,but hey you the man, plants look nice ive got 1 double gum (white label) on the go at the mo going on 12/12 soon

They all went to good homes in the end, all apart from 1 are females too so good ratio from them too, the 2 I have kept are the taller ones in the corners, They've stretched loads since going to 12/12 which confirmed their sativa/haze dominance, so I've super cropped them reducing their height by 10 inches and also I've had to bend the tops over to keep control of them, a mate has let his reach for the sky and they are currently 5.5ft tall lol.
Goodluck with the doublegum mate, tried them a while back but had 100% germination failure.

Cheers Ned

Latest posts

Top Bottom