Bud density

• Thread starter dreamgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Hi all. I know, I know....another “how do i get tight nugs” thread. But after reading threads for hours on this subject, there is still no clear answer. Literally every possible variable has been recommended as the cause, over and over, ad nauseum. Come to think of it...why, then, am i asking again now and expecting different? Guess that tablespoon of cannanut oil in the morning is hitting me lol

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Hi all. I know, I know....another “how do i get tight nugs” thread. But after reading threads for hours on this subject, there is still no clear answer. Literally every possible variable has been recommended as the cause, over and over, ad nauseum. Come to think of it...why, then, am i asking again now and expecting different? Guess that tablespoon of cannanut oil in the morning is hitting me lol
I think good lights and proper training will help. Or just grow a indica

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There are two main ingredients to getting big tight nuggs. #1) Plenty of light. They need a LOT of light, otherwise they will grow wispy and #2) Genetics. Sativa and Sativa dominant strains give you longer and looser buds. It's just a characteristic of the plant. Indica is the plant strain that usually gives you the hard nuggets that you desire. Sativa will NOT give you the nuggets you want, but can be a stronger buzz. Both strains have their own characteristics... sort of like tomato plants. You can get cherry tomatoes or you can get beefsteak tomatoes, but not from the same strain.

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Thanks for the replies all. Strains are blue dream, blue dream x gg4, and blue dream x northern lights. 450w viparspectra, co2. Unbelievably frosty and potent, just fluffy af.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Why do people even care about hard nuggets? Hardness has no correlation to any of the things we enjoy about cannabis, and it just makes it harder to smoke. But then, I grow sativa hybrids...

Rolling up with hard nugs stinks. The fluffier the better for me. Especially with rolling paper in contrast with cigar wraps. When I get herb from the guy, I usually leave the bag open. His buds tend to be the ones you are describing and I need them to dry out even more than they are just to get them to ignite. I want my buds to get fat but I don't want them to get hard. They probably use those products that get the plant to harden up.

Stuff like this I would imagine.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Rolling up with hard nugs stinks. The fluffier the better for me. Especially with rolling paper in contrast with cigar wraps. When I get herb from the guy, I usually leave the bag open. His buds tend to be the ones you are describing and I need them to dry out even more than they are just to get them to ignite. I want my buds to get fat but I don't want them to get hard. They probably use those products that get the plant to harden up.

Stuff like this I would imagine.

That there is a guy selling you water. At 9 bucks or whatever a gram.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

That there is a guy selling you water. At 9 bucks or whatever a gram.

I've had a lot of guys, he seems to be the one who gives the most for the amount of what I buy. Trying to eliminate that route. It is expensive. Spend way to much on weed, shit should be free but some guy or a woman in a suit who never smoked pot in their lives has control of that. I'm about to start invoicing them.

roach

roach

I've had a lot of guys, he seems to be the one who gives the most for the amount of what I buy. Trying to eliminate that route. It is expensive. Spend way to much on weed, shit should be free but some guy or a woman in a suit who never smoked pot in their lives has control of that. I'm about to start invoicing them.

Growing good weed takes time and costs money, so it will never be free, but I would never sell anything that isn't dried propperly or trimmed, most commercial weed around here is wet and with big fanleaves on (guess thats why my friends keep bugging me 😂 )

Wolfe

Wolfe

Growing good weed takes time and costs money, so it will never be free, but I would never sell anything that isn't dried propperly or trimmed, most commercial weed around here is wet and with big fanleaves on (guess thats why my friends keep bugging me 😂 )
It cost me 10$ to grow a pound of weed better than any Denver dispensaries I’ve been into.

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Yeah i do have 5 outside now that should be ready around halloween. On the indoor ones, I’m also going to try just using the veg spectum on the light (then just the flowering spectrum when the time comes), instead of both switches on for both stages like last time. Seems a little counter-intuitive tho, given more lumens is better...

roach

roach

It cost me 10$ to grow a pound of weed better than any Denver dispensaries I’ve been into.

Not all of us can grow outside, I wish I could, the high is much more complex when grown under the sun

roach

roach

Really, I find that indoor bud has always been better idk why interesting😁

I guess it depends on how good a summer you get, I once grew an Airborne G13 outside, had it in a pot and took it in every night to force into bloom, the difference between that and the same clone grown indoors was huge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom