Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
DISASTER..moving plants to tend a branch broke off so im gonna try and clone it .. its an auto.. i taped up the hole in the stem .. there were 6 branches on the big branch so ive a few ...oh well shit DOES happen ...can i clone an auto?
Hate it when that happens... Don't see why you couldn't clone an auto. I'd try.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
T-1000 before lights out this morning.
Picture 2021 7 24 8 28 48 199
Picture 2021 7 24 8 29 13 132
Picture 2021 7 24 8 29 22 317

Moshmen

Moshmen

It’s not that you can’t, but because autos are genetically on a timetable, anything that limits their time growing in veg (eg, having to take a couple of weeks detour to grow roots) will severely impact yields. I was never able to get them to root. I always try if it’s an oops.
I have cloned autos multiple times Amekins is spot on , yield will be small and not as potent as the parent but it will produce if you can root it

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
im gonna give it a grow ...lol ..
The real key with one of these repairs is gently putting the plant back together again. if the break is not complete, it can be eased back into position, secured, and the sap act's like blood clotting, and the wound is restored. Even the capillary and venous congestion heals much quicker on plant tissues in generally healthy state. The only key is making that flesh to flesh contact again, in a meaningful way, that's not too much askew, or crooked, and doing it all, before an air bubble can occur (immediately) The problem with a complete bust, or a virtually compete bust, is that it detaches to easily, and you've got to hold the plant with one hand, (both ends) and tape it with another. Two experience people could be better than one, in some situations.

The other thing I do is remove the plant from direct light and give it some shade, and I gently mist the broke area several times daily, until capillary action is restored.

I've made lots of breaks, it's what I do to plants. 10-30 breaks on a single plant, sometimes, I enjoy doing it, especially in pre, early, and mid flowering periods. So I've had some fails, and many successes with healing breaks. Sorta reminds me of the extremity reattachments I've healed over the years. Convincing some 7 year old girl that the leaches were her friends. lol. Keeping the affected extremity above the heart, and raising the heat in the room to 85f for the first few days. I even took care of a guy once, who put his arm in a wood chipper, and it was sewed back on again. He was even able to use his fingers again, it was amazing.

Ándale!!!

IMG 20210724 221626822
Last edited:
Top Bottom