Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

My guess would be 24-36 for those early plants you've got. Probably more like 24 on that light, if I'm correct, then dial it up closer as you go into flower.
For mid range $ led i think its one of the best available it has the Samsung 301b and a meanwell driver and the heat sink is a really nice addition.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Mr. Budgoodman! Wow what a thread! Great looking everything in here congrats bud. You will enjoy the apple fritters I got one finishing up and the smell of fresh green apples is fantastic.
You keep showing those clone prices and the clone sellers are going to disappear ahahahahahaha
They've already disappeared here in Seattle, I was kinda floored actually, that he went into an actual building and purchased clones. I thought those stores were eliminated thoughout the state years ago, but apparently not. The perks of living in ho-punkville, I suppose. Seattle shut that shit down quickly after i502 passed, maybe a year, and they were all but gone.... Shut down even the informal ones, running out of people's houses.

If it doesn't have a tax stamp on it, it doesn't fly around here anymore. They won't haul you off to jail, they'll just take your shit, and shut you down. My guess is that your getting big clones, because nobody hardly knows about them, or they would be over-run out there, especially on a weekend, and they probably can't get advertising here in the city either.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
They've already disappeared here in Seattle, I was kinda floored actually, that he went into an actual building a purchased clones, actually. I thought those stores were eliminated thoughout the state years ago, but apparently not. The perks of living in ho-punkville, I suppose. Seattle shut that shit down quickly after i502 passed, maybe a year, and they were all gone.... Shut down even the informal ones, running out of people's houses.

If it doesn't have a tax stamp on it, it doesn't fly around here anymore. They won't haul you off to jail, they'll just take your shit, and shut you down.

I’m the exact opposite, if it has a tax stamp on it I turn the other way.
Most people are mailing them now anywhere from $100-$2500 lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I’m the exact opposite, if it has a tax stamp on it I turn the other way.
Most people are mailing them now anywhere from $100-$2500 lol
Yea, I never mind paying my actual sales tax on a plant. Just a buying another stamp for each one, PLUS the sales tax, is over the top, IMO. I used to go to this house in South Seattle, and it was always a haggle thing, depending on how many your purchased. I was always like, how many can I get for this many hundred... gimme one more, pwease.... I"ll be a customer for life.

Some days, I'd go there, and the feds would be all over in there, and I would be like, ooop's maybe this isn't the best time to visit. He'd be like come back in 3 days, I need to get back up and running, this is setting me back some.... I'll give you a super deal.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
For mid range $ led i think its one of the best available it has the Samsung 301b and a meanwell driver and the heat sink is a really nice addition.
Yea, I was thinking that might be the case, thanks for clarification, I seen the meanwell specs, so I figured they were 301b, but wasn't sure. That's an impressive deal then. Are they 200w output?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Holding hands or buying ridiculously overpriced led before I can get old stock Samsung diode lamps for half price like the f strips now?

2 more years of this price gouging and lamps will be on sale at Best Buy like last year model tv’s.
LOL, I've got 20 strips I haven't assembled yet, and all the aluminium angle stock, heatsinks, powersupplies, connectors, and 20 strips.... Been to lazy, and I'm sitting way overpowered for my space already. Spent almost a grand on that shit, and in the corner it sits.

I've probably spent $10,000 on lighting in the past ten years, and I've spent 3x that on building customized computers over the last 20 years, from scratch.
I like my tech. Don't even get me started on all the military grade nightvision equipment, thermal optics, smartphones, and multiples of drones I've purchased.

My thermals alone cost me the price of a cheap truck.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
every lamp from 100 watts up claims that. ;-)
It's true! But I think the 1930e actually does more than replace a double ended HPS at this point. I'm pretty confident of that spec. Gavita is an multinational company, and they are very much the real deal, and the top distributor of horticulture lighting worldwide. They offer end to end support.

I suspect you can send them back, if they don't perform to expectation. At least if you buy from them directly.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
It's true! But I think the 1930e actually does more than replace a double ended HPS at this point. I'm pretty confident of that spec. Gavita is an multinational company, and they are very much the real deal, and the top distributor of horticulture lighting worldwide. They offer end to end support.

I suspect you can send them back, if they don't perform to expectation. At least if you buy from them directly.
How do you think it compares the the 1700 bar style? And do you know how far the 1930 needs to be from the canopy?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
How do you think it compares the the 1700 bar style? And do you know how far the 1930 needs to be from the canopy?
Well I can't say for sure, because I would have to do side by side comparison. So mostly speculation on my part, but I've seen what others are doing, and the results are unquestionably impressive.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What is a TEKLIGHT?
LOL, Mr. Elon doesn't know what a TEKLIGHT is.... 🤪 Can anyone help him with the specifications??
Space ships on Mars = easy
10-15 year old lights = clueless

Joking aside, I'm interested too. They look like some sort of halogen technology to me. I bet they run HOT.
Whatever they are, they've certainly lasted a long, long while, and I don't think bud would be using them this long, if they weren't effective.

I get the impression there some sort of transition technology, because it's hard to find anything on the web.

Edit: I can see now, there 6- T5 florescent bulbs. In his photo, I was seeing the side, and it looked like the bottom of the lamp, from the angle. So I was like were are the bulbs? The lights coming though those little holes? But no. The bottom looks like this.

Tek light
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Figured I would give you a close up look at that 22 year old Acapulco Gold seed I planted awhile back. (marked from 1999) I sure hope it's a girl. It's finally starting to stretch some, and the leaves are getting big. I need to make more room in there, so this plant can spread her wings.

Sure can't tell she only had a single leaf when it sprouted, I was really worried it wouldn't make it. But here it sits.

IMG 20210511 133150645
Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Mr. Budgoodman! Wow what a thread! Great looking everything in here congrats bud. You will enjoy the apple fritters I got one finishing up and the smell of fresh green apples is fantastic.
You keep showing those clone prices and the clone sellers are going to disappear ahahahahahaha
I hope they don't disappear... But I'd love to see more (open) trading/sharing happen.
The shippers are $1 a piece... And priority mail is about $10.
IMG 20210412 0745411592

I've dropped $300 for a clone... Several times now... And I ain't complaining... I appreciate that it is even an option. Would do again, in a heartbeat, for the right one(s)... But trading sounds so much better to me.

I appreciate the compliment... I don't say much... But I'm paying attention... And you're always killing it. 🙌

Top Bottom