Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Those must be some type of older Halogen type bulbs? What's on the inside, do you know?

No... It's just eight t5 florescent tubes.
They've already disappeared here in Seattle, I was kinda floored actually, that he went into an actual building and purchased clones. I thought those stores were eliminated thoughout the state years ago, but apparently not. The perks of living in ho-punkville, I suppose. Seattle shut that shit down quickly after i502 passed, maybe a year, and they were all but gone.... Shut down even the informal ones, running out of people's houses.

If it doesn't have a tax stamp on it, it doesn't fly around here anymore. They won't haul you off to jail, they'll just take your shit, and shut you down. My guess is that your getting big clones, because nobody hardly knows about them, or they would be over-run out there, especially on a weekend, and they probably can't get advertising here in the city either.
Where is ho-punkville?
I went to Portland.

Yea, I was thinking that might be the case, thanks for clarification, I seen the meanwell specs, so I figured they were 301b, but wasn't sure. That's an impressive deal then. Are they 200w output?

Yes... Supposed to be 200w (ish) draw.
My meter says that it's lighting up this little 2'x4' perfectly.

IMG 20210511 1220476052

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
No... It's just eight t5 florescent tubes.

Where is ho-punkville?
I went to Portland.

Yes... Supposed to be 200w (ish) draw.
My meter says that it's lighting up this little 2'x4' perfectly.

View attachment 1123238
Ah, I missed the Portland part, now it's all coming together. I guess I'm a little slow about some of these things. So I am right in thinking they shut it down statewide, it's not just the Seattle area.

I wish I would have jumped on the T5 train way back when, I guess I missed that bus. I never could have imagined that bunching them up like that in a fixture would do as much as it does, and I was never privileged enough to see the specifics about what others were doing back then. It's seem's to be all about the exact spectrum, and regulating heat, so they can be dialed in a bit closer than HPS. I just always thought that round, and having to reflect half the light thru, or around itself, plus the lower amount of lumens never had much potential, but obviously, I'm very much wrong about all of that.

Do you feel like those lights are able to outperform a HPS on a watt for watt basis?

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Ah, I missed the Portland part, now it's all coming together. I guess I'm a little slow about some of these things. So I am right in thinking they shut it down statewide, it's not just the Seattle area.

I wish I would have jumped on the T5 train way back when, I guess I missed that bus. I never could have imagined that bunching them up like that in a fixture would do as much as it does, and I was never privileged enough to see the specifics about what others were doing back then. It's seem's to be all about the exact spectrum, and regulating heat, so they can be dialed in a bit closer than HPS. I just always thought that round, and having to reflect half the light thru, or around itself, plus the lower amount of lumens never had much potential, but obviously, I'm very much wrong about all of that.

Do you feel like those lights are able to outperform a HPS on a watt for watt basis?
No more clone vendors in Washington. Won't come back until the state "allows" personal rec grows... Heard something about a bill "allowing" six plants per person stuck in legislature... But I ran outta fucks long ago... Honestly, not sure I ever had any in the first place.

T-5 vs HID... They have different purposes... T-5 is a better veg light... They run cool, can be placed close to the plants, and grow thick stocked, tightly noded bushes.
HID is better light for flowering or vegging large plants... Way better canopy penetration.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Archive clones doing well in quarantine.
IMG 20210512 2040035602

Light is about 20" above the tallest (Fritter) plant.

Going to meet a Buddy back down there, at Archive, on Monday... So, I'll be able to pick up eight more... Want to take advantage of this new tent while I can... Going to need it for making beans in another 2-3 weeks.🤘

Top Bottom