Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Mr Budman, those baby plants look, I mean looked, great. While I'm not familiar with disco funk and mad dawg (chemdog cross?) I'm familiar with, but never grew Guava.
However, I am not only familiar with Chemdog, but LOVE & CHERISH the old Chemdog numbers. Jebus, for this old fart, it is my top of the pops type weed. But that's just how I respond to it.
Ever hear of "Permafrost"? Had that Lysol taste I pine for....get it? Pine for. There was good strains going around back then. Buthell,there's always good strains going around, 'eh? But nothing like Butterscotch Hawaiian X G13. I miss old breeders. Anyway, it would take a looooong time to read all your posts. So I prolly won't. I WILL be watching, though. One question please: what do you think about Autos? No hurry,take your time,and thanx.. thejack. '
Thanks for joining in, Jack... Welcome.
I think I post as many pictures as I do sentences... So, if you do decide to go though this whole thread, it shouldn't take but a week or three. 😂
Found some really nice phenos in those seedlings at the beginning... I still keep one of the Maddawg (Green Crack x 91 Chem bx), and one of the Guava D (Stardawg Guava x Tres Dawg)... Really liked that Chem 2017 as well, it's basically a '91 Chem bx, but I culled them after getting the '91 Chem clone. Plus, I have another pack of those.😉
I forget what the Disco Funk was... As far as the X... It's somewhere in this thread though. Was from In House Genetics... Beautiful plants, but the flowered a long time... 13 or 14 weeks, IIRC... And lacked flavor.
Oh yea... I remember the Permafrost... I never had the clone... If there was one that was passed🤷... But I grew it from seed. Actually, gave the last seeds I had of it away just about two years ago. Never checked if the guy ever grew them out, and if he did, what he got... Should probably do that. Gave the same guy my cut of Monster Cookie... IMO, the best Cookie I've smoked... Would love to get it back.
I haven't grown many autos... One called Pink Salad many years ago... It sucked... Frankster gave me some of his autos, and I grew them out this season... But I didn't grow them for smoke... I pollinated them.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like a incubator for babies - or the perfect clone dome?
Yup, preemie incubator, that's correct. Thing probably cost $20-30K, or more. Being sold on ebay for around $130, who would guess.

I suppose I could (perhaps) do the same with a plastic bucket turned on it's side with holes cut in it, or a sandblaster box, or even an aquarium turned on it's side, but I'm going to look around, and see what fits the bill best, for the price. If I can find something fitting that might be a little more versatile, and serve our functions better. They want a cool $1k, plus $700 in shipping for a proper Anaerobic isolation chamber. (used, cheapest). Having those sealed ports are very nice, especially if I've got some heat, humidity, and/or environmental controls, accurate sensors, ect. It will certainly be well worth a few extra dollars, IMO.

The Space this project takes up is a big one for me also; so if some of that stuff is build into the unit, again, it's a big plus. I need to plan this carefully.

This one is totally ideal; Perfect, actually. But they want $9,500 for it. (used+ shipping) Some of the other stuff will cost as well, but I think getting this part spot on, is going to make a big difference in transplant viability, success rates. Layers of protection is of paramount important with this project, and maintaining strict sterility protocols is key to success. A means to keep all circulating air sterile, not just the surfaces themselves.

It's just like any specialized equipment. Those jaws of life, old heavy gas models can be had for cheap, auctioned from fire departments everywhere, almost giving the stuff away; cause they have the latest and greatest battery powered models now, having no need for it any longer. They don't want to store it, cause that cost money too.

Aside from that, I can create my own grow mediums, and have many of them already in stock here at the house. A few more larger bore test tubes, caps, and stands, should make it a reality. I've already got 2 sterilization lights. I can use the oven as an autoclave for now. The equipment for this looks pretty straight forward, it appears. I don't think it's a heavy lift, as it appears, from a distance.

S l1600 37

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That wild Bubba looking extra frosty this morning. 🥶😂❄️
That's the bubba sitting on that compost pile from awhile back right? Look at all those trichomes surrounding the fan margins, simply amazing. Crazy it's doing that well considering the weather. Compost must be keeping it warm. lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Green
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Sour Bukake. 😁
(ˌbuːˈkækɪ ) noun. a sexual practice in which several men ejaculate on the face of an individual woman. (Warning; do not google pictures unless you like sausages)

What a name; lol, 😂 what's that blueberry and wedding cake or something along those lines, plus the Sour D?

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Can't say I'm surprised, they don't need much light to root, and what's getting though there is ideal. My guess is the ventilation is the only limiting factor there.

Rooting is mostly blue and red light, isn't this correct?
Mostly shoplight. 😉
What a name; lol, 😂 what's that blueberry and wedding cake or something along those lines, plus the Sour D?
Sour D x HP7, Maddawg, and both SSSDH males.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is a cool subject;
THCP has the same chemical structure as Δ⁹-THC, but with a seven-term alkyl side chain. This chain creates a stronger bond with mammalian CB1 receptors.

Similar to Δ9-THC, but with the pentyl side chain extended to heptyl position. Since it has a longer side chain, its effects are "far higher than Δ9-THC itself, at least 30 times higher affinity to receptors than THC. The binding activity of D9THCP to CB1 receptor in vitro is Ki = 1.2 nM.

This all falls in line with what I've been saying about microbes, and anionic solutions, light ratio's, nutrition. Evolving that carbon chain structure, up to higher levels. Notice how the orientation, not just the length of the chain is altered. These things have been floating around in various people's grows at different ratio and we simply never quantify them up till now. Just discovering, recently.

Think of THC as a key, unlocks your neurofunction. it's THCP represents a longer, more "exact" key. If that makes any sense. It also doesn't get displaced easily, it holds itself into position, while all the other keys are lined up in there holes, (until you get right combination) probably even helps create cascading pathway, I suspect.

Note the length and angle difference, everything else is identical, in all respect. The pentyl version on the left, and the more complex heptyl (alkyl) variant on the right.

dis be why ripening is oh so very critical, and needs to be optimally, maintained and nurtured all the way to it's finish line.
Tetrahydrocannabinol
Tetrahydrocannabiphorol

Last edited:
Top Bottom