Bud Mold?

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Bout to harvest next week a couple of strains up here in northern cali. Was checking on the sherbet when I noticed some brown fucking mold on a side of one of the colas. Chopped the branch down and is worried that the whole plant might be ruined. The other strain is fine but what can I do? Is it still ok? Do I pull it now?

rootexcess

rootexcess

Bout to harvest next week a couple of strains up here in northern cali. Was checking on the sherbet when I noticed some brown fucking mold on a side of one of the colas. Chopped the branch down and is worried that the whole plant might be ruined. The other strain is fine but what can I do? Is it still ok? Do I pull it now?

Sounds like botrytis. You may be fine, keep a good eye on her and try defoliating excess growth.

Reactions: Ina
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

If you're harvesting soon, start removing excessive fan leaves or larfy/airy buds. Pluck off any unnecessary growth that restricts airflow and holds additional humidity in microclimates.
What about drying time? Should I wet or dry trim?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Do a check up and inspect the plant, cut all the moldy parts. Take down excess foliage. Keep an eye on it. After harvest wash with h2o2 in a bucket and dry in a controlled environment with air movement (not direct wind just a breezy room)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

i would take down all the biggest densest tops as soon as i seen mould if I'm a week from harvest.for all the difference is going to make near end of flower compared to the fact if it turns to mould or rot its totally and utterly useless.best to play it safe where rotten nugs are at risk.but that's just my opinion of course.

rootexcess

rootexcess

i would take down all the biggest densest tops as soon as i seen mould if I'm a week from harvest.for all the difference is going to make near end of flower compared to the fact if it turns to mould or rot its totally and utterly useless.best to play it safe where rotten nugs are at risk.but that's just my opinion of course.
Botrytis is systemic, so it could be a good option if it's a severe enough case. Though sometimes providing the right conditions will inhibit the spread/growth, which is why I suggested possibly trying to defoliate and provide free movement of air around the flowers. Severity of the case should definitely be considered so it could go either way.

patchgrower

patchgrower

out here on the east coast we have to deal with mold every year.
basically have to decide when your losing more than gaining.
i'm finding that it's that little leaf in the middle of the bud that dies is usually what starts it.
i go through every bud ,every day and check for mold.
alot of times you can actually pull that bad leaf out before it infects the rest of the bud.
in the last week iv'e probably pulled 30-40 spots of mold off of my plants[15].
but im still gaining so will let them go.
i wouldnt worry yet,stay vigilant and watch it every day if you can.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Do a check up and inspect the plant, cut all the moldy parts. Take down excess foliage. Keep an eye on it. After harvest wash with h2o2 in a bucket and dry in a controlled environment with air movement (not direct wind just a breezy room)
What’s h202 exactly?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

wen i get bd rot i just chop out the rot taking a wee bit of the good bud to make sure there's no wee bits left to start it again.depending on how far in they are i,ll either let em go keeping an eye on em ot if theyr close to chop anyway i,ll take the biggest densest most likely to rot tops and let the rest finish up.

OldPork

OldPork

Start cutting and trimming right now. If you see mold on the outside then there will be more inside and between the bod lobes. Put the buds on a drying rack and put a fan on them.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Do you have any trees near your plant? This is the beginning of silk worm season. They will burrow into colas and the damage on the outside looks like bud rot. I'm watching mine right now because I see the stringers (webs) hanging from the oaks near my garden.

Best if you post a picture next time and make sure you check the core of colas with suspected rot, unless your absolutely sure it's mold/mildew. I'm in Nor Cali, my girls form a very shady area between them, and I have yet to see mold/mildew on them (have seen on surrounding dead grass, dying milkweed, and morning glories.) Have seen it a few weeks after harvest on greenhouse plants not fully harvested and left.

no bals

no bals

10 LEAST Likely States to Find Mold. Wisconsin. West Virginia. Alabama. Massachusetts. Minnesota. Maryland. Illinois. Colorado. Iowa. Indiana.

10 MOST Likely States to Find Mold. Texas. Florida. Oklahoma. South Carolina. Nevada. Arizona. California. South Dakota. Tennessee. Kansas.

Sucks to live in one of the bottom 10 this time of the year.

Woodscrew

Woodscrew

I don’t know how you came about that list no bals but here in Ma. Mold is everywhere. My plants are soaking wet every morning from early summer to harvest season from the dew. I think your list is junk

Madbud

Madbud

I don’t know how you came about that list no bals but here in Ma. Mold is everywhere. My plants are soaking wet every morning from early summer to harvest season from the dew. I think your list is junk
Second that. Two years in a row in the Merrimack Valley, you’d think the ocean salt mist would prevent mold. I’d like to see a list based on elevation. Wyoming at 7,000 feet is high and dry, bet there’s no problem there.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Do you have any trees near your plant? This is the beginning of silk worm season. They will burrow into colas and the damage on the outside looks like bud rot. I'm watching mine right now because I see the stringers (webs) hanging from the oaks near my garden.

Best if you post a picture next time and make sure you check the core of colas with suspected rot, unless your absolutely sure it's mold/mildew. I'm in Nor Cali, my girls form a very shady area between them, and I have yet to see mold/mildew on them (have seen on surrounding dead grass, dying milkweed, and morning glories.) Have seen it a few weeks after harvest on greenhouse plants not fully harvested and left.
I’m in northern Cali also. This happened last year really bad about 1 month before harvest because I put a tarp over them when it was wet because of the rain. Now I know not to do that again. It this year it happened about a couple of weeks ago and I caught it on a couple of colas and removed it, so I think. I just cut them down today because I’m scared of it continuing and they honestly look ready. They dried out wasaay too early last year so I hope it works out this time. If it doesn’t, at least i can make hash and rosin out of it like last year. I’m learning. As far as the trees, just a couple near me so I’m pretty sure it’s rot cuz it looks the same as last year.

no bals

no bals

man I agree with y'all. goggle is nutz. mold is everywhere, around here anyhoo.

Gotta fight it, don't give in.

Rooke

Rooke

Hi all!! I live up in SE Ontario and I saw a couple of spots on my CK girls yesterday.I noticed that the buds felt soft compared to a couple of days ago so I cut it all out and defoliated lower branches, mostly larf anyways just wondering aside for shaking the plants after a rain or heavy dew could you use a leaf blower at a distance to dry your bud? Has anyone tried it with any success????

Top Bottom