Bud rot?

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What you guys are not understanding is that symptoms are asymptomatic. They don’t show up. Most growers don’t know they have viroids because they don’t know what to look for and are misdiagnosing. Just this year the hop latent viroid was linked to dudding. Everyone just takes them for runts. I was doing the same. Just tossing it. Nobody gonna be posting about that unless the problem gets much worse. And that we are seeing due to the industry commercializing and trading and sells
Of clones and seeds.. It’s a strange new phenomena that no one really knows much about in cannabis because the vectors weren’t there before to make this a big deal. But a big problem for commercial growers of other food crops. Where u guys from I’m from California where the problem is big here. If you are a home grower that never buys clones you are prob fine. But if you are not and you are exchanging and constantly bringing in new stuff most likely you already have viroids and it’s a matter of time usually 2-3 years before the conditions are right for them to take over and start dudding plants.

Research is showing that genetic mutations can be attributed to specific branches in a plant where more somatic mutations are stored. The apex branch is the most stable. We are close to discovering that plants may really have a germline like trees. That’s why you can get a dud from a specific branch. Usually the lower branches are the worst. And top branches have the least amount of stored somatic mutations in them.

The older the clone the more stored somatic mutations it has and the highest tendency to dud from epigenetics. There is no such thing as genetic drift when it comes to plants. It’s all stored somatic mutations in their system. Just like trees. Just this year this info is starting to surface among the scientific community

Watch this video then say something to me. It’s a problem among commercial growers just like the food crops. Corn, hop, strawberries etc. it’s not
Affecting home growers as much. So I’m just warning you guys

Actually I do understand. And read all about this 6 years ago when i was a new geower and thought my Mn deficiency was TMV because of all the misinformation on the forums and blogs.

I have no doubt that commercial grows have more of this kind of thing simply because of the numbers and handling.

I am only arguing that you are not seeing it in here with the small seed grows. I staggar my planting and harvest for 5 years now and have planted many hundreds of seeds and cared for each plant individually and have not caused any stress or deficiency that could not be reversed.

I believe we should look to grower error primarily. You have been prediagnosing every sick plant to have this.

We dont all share genetics. Maybe you. Commercial california guys do.

Madbud

Madbud

What you guys are not understanding is that symptoms are asymptomatic. They don’t show up. Most growers don’t know they have viroids because they don’t know what to look for and are misdiagnosing. Just this year the hop latent viroid was linked to dudding. Everyone just takes them for runts. I was doing the same. Just tossing it. Nobody gonna be posting about that unless the problem gets much worse. And that we are seeing due to the industry commercializing and trading and sells
Of clones and seeds.. It’s a strange new phenomena that no one really knows much about in cannabis because the vectors weren’t there before to make this a big deal. But a big problem for commercial growers of other food crops. Where u guys from I’m from California where the problem is big here. If you are a home grower that never buys clones you are prob fine. But if you are not and you are exchanging and constantly bringing in new stuff most likely you already have viroids and it’s a matter of time usually 2-3 years before the conditions are right for them to take over and start dudding plants.

Research is showing that genetic mutations can be attributed to specific branches in a plant where more somatic mutations are stored. The apex branch is the most stable. We are close to discovering that plants may really have a germline like trees. That’s why you can get a dud from a specific branch. Usually the lower branches are the worst. And top branches have the least amount of stored somatic mutations in them.

The older the clone the more stored somatic mutations it has and the highest tendency to dud from epigenetics. There is no such thing as genetic drift when it comes to plants. It’s all stored somatic mutations in their system. Just like trees. Just this year this info is starting to surface among the scientific community

Watch this video then say something to me. It’s a problem among commercial growers just like the food crops. Corn, hop, strawberries etc. it’s not
Affecting home growers as much. So I’m just warning you guys

Interesting note on the new aphids, i never saw any before this year.

Judaz

Judaz

Actually I do understand. And read all about this 6 years ago when i was a new geower and thought my Mn deficiency was TMV because of all the misinformation on the forums and blogs.

I have no doubt that commercial grows have more of this kind of thing simply because of the numbers and handling.

I am only arguing that you are not seeing it in here with the small seed grows. I staggar my planting and harvest for 5 years now and have planted many hundreds of seeds and cared for each plant individually and have not caused any stress or deficiency that could not be reversed.

I believe we should look to grower error primarily. You have been prediagnosing every sick plant to have this.

We dont all share genetics. Maybe you. Commercial california guys do.

cool. well i can't argue with that.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Pretty soon the feds are going to get involved, especially for medical considerations. I feel that they will be doing the same viral and pathogen testing, as they do today but at a much broader and more concentrated fashion. Medical buds will start to attract lawyers who represent patients that make lawsuits claiming injuries of some fashion... bugs, pathogens, chemicals, alien DNA, somethig in the buds made them sick. As a result testing will eventually be needed to the degree that any licensed medicine will be scrutinized in a similar fashion. Perhaps then, like the Banana virus that is decimating the world's banana crops, has had happen to it.

Judaz

Judaz

Pretty soon the feds are going to get involved, especially for medical considerations. I feel that they will be doing the same viral and pathogen testing, as they do today but at a much broader and more concentrated fashion. Medical buds will start to attract lawyers who represent patients that make lawsuits claiming injuries of some fashion... bugs, pathogens, chemicals, alien DNA, somethig in the buds made them sick. As a result testing will eventually be needed to the degree that any licensed medicine will be scrutinized in a similar fashion. Perhaps then, like the Banana virus that is decimating the world's banana crops, has had happen to it.

It’s a tough situation as it is already. Out of the 4 facilities I’m working with. On avg 1/3 rounds don’t pass initial inspections. Tagged for small traces of pm and I had one spot that was illegally using pgr’s that I was not made aware of. Really all
We are doing is breaking even. We are not making money

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Really all
We are doing is breaking even. We are not making money
So much for the big gold rush that everyone saw coming. Growers in Canada lost their shirts for the most part unless they were lucky enough to have been bought up by a bigger company.

Judaz

Judaz

So much for the big gold rush that everyone saw coming. Growers in Canada lost their shirts for the most part unless they were lucky enough to have been bought up by a bigger company.

Things were way better back in the day.

Top Bottom