Bud rot?

• Thread starter OgGrowingDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Hey guys looked in my tent today and found this :( humidity is as low as I can get it (never goes above 60 stays around 50). Im going to do a more thorough check here in a minute but what should i do? Chop infected buds or whole plant can it be saved? Its close to harvest any advice appreciated

Bud rot
Bud rot 2
Bud rot 3
Bud rot 4
FourthCity

FourthCity

Hey guys looked in my tent today and found this :( humidity is as low as I can get it (never goes above 60 stays around 50). Im going to do a more thorough check here in a minute but what should i do? Chop infected buds or whole plant can it be saved? Its close to harvest any advice appreciated
Got to chop now, save what you can and discard any parts of the bud that are visibly moldy. You really need to find some way to get the humidity under 50% before the buds get that size otherwise they will likely get moldy more often than not. Equally important is making sure you are getting better airflow to the plants, based on the video I would recommend leaving more space between each plant, doing at least some light defoliation where the leaves are extra crowded, and adding a few fans to improve circulation.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Okay thanks i chopped the one bud and looked closer i didnt see it anywhere else i didnt defoliate because they where autos and i should've so will the rest of the plant be okay if i dont see anything? I was also wondering if its possible to clean the bud in an h202 solution and turn the bud into extract?

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there it kinda looks like mold pry your bud apart gently and see if it’s on the inside working it’s way outwards check all the spots just to be sure.

Madbud

Madbud

If thats like little cottony threads and its not webbing its possibly aspergillus mold.

Rooke

Rooke

Beautiful crop man!

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Its looking like I got lucky and caught it early im not seeing anymore im trimming up as we speak and ill probably trim all the plants good and see if they will fatten up anymore for a few days after while flushing, thanks all!

FourthCity

FourthCity

Okay thanks i chopped the one bud and looked closer i didnt see it anywhere else i didnt defoliate because they where autos and i should've so will the rest of the plant be okay if i dont see anything? I was also wondering if its possible to clean the bud in an h202 solution and turn the bud into extract?
I'm generally opposed to using moldy bud in any way. It could be washed in regular water and made into a clean bubble hash which could be smoked, turned into rosin if you have a press, used to make edibles, tinctures, or oils. That being said, if its just the one bud that is infected then it will certainly not be worth the hours of effort it will require to do so.

As for the rest of the plant, chances are there is mold in places you cant see. The best way to mitigate this is to go straight to chopping the buds off the branches and further breaking down the bigger buds to their smallest individual pieces. This will reveal any hidden mold while also removing favorable conditions for further growth. While not generally the most ideal drying method, in this scenario it would do more good than harm to have a fan blowing directly on the drying buds until they start to get a little crispy.

I know its tough to lose a bud, no one wants this to happen, be strong. I think this bud would just want you to move on, take care of its fellow buds, and be happy. If you chop now you only lose any potential increase in yield/thc that might occur between this point in time and when you would otherwise harvest. Based on the pictures I would estimate this amount to be pretty small as everything looks very mature. If you continue to let the plants grow you risk the mold spreading to the rest of the plant/plants and potentially losing everything.

Rooke

Rooke

Heres a better vid
Crap man I feel for you bro! They say not to defoliate them but that’s still strain dependant imo. You need to somewhat for airflow. I grew an amnesia haze that took forever to finish and my dehumidifier shut off overnight the following am I was looking at it and crap there it was just starting. Ahhhh

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Thanks guys I harvested one plant (and trimmed with bowl trimmer checked all nugs) cut out like 3 main colas off 2 plants total, I completely defoliated everything to as much sugar leaf as possible and checked all the nugs very thoroughly I put the last 3 plants in the basement spread out so I can give them a little flush atleast (dwc so only couple days) I think I came out on top for the most part but im going to keep a good eye on em. Thank you everyone!

Top Bottom