Bud site turning brown (outdoor)

• Thread starter fuqya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fuqya

fuqya

Hey I’m fairly new to this site. This is my first time growing outdoors and I’ve been pretty successful so far however the past few days I’ve noticed one of the bud sites on my plants beginning to brown (none of the other sites are browning). I’m concerned that it’s bud rot and if so what steps should I take to ensure it won’t spread?

Bud site turning brown outdoor
Bud site turning brown outdoor 2
Briand1234

Briand1234

How far along into flower are you? Also what's the weather been like there and where are you located.

Last edited:
Briand1234

Briand1234

It could be maturing like the hairs starting to brown or it could be bud rot. If bud rot I useally snip it off but I wouldn't just yet till you get more recommends. Also how bushy is her? You could pick off some leafs so it let's more air flow through like defolitate her.

fuqya

fuqya

It could be maturing like the hairs starting to brown or it could be bud rot. If bud rot I useally snip it off but I wouldn't just yet till you get more recommends. Also how bushy is her? You could pick off some leafs so it let's more air flow through like defolitate her.
She’s pretty bushy and tall. None of the other sites have started to brown which is why I’m a little concerned. I’ve also had bud rot problems with my previous two plants so I wouldn’t b surprised.

212F1213 40FC 49BF 8982 A88CC817E293
Briand1234

Briand1234

Approaching week 3
Yeah it may be bud rot than hows the weather been lately and how bushy? I'd say try defoliation to prevent any further bud rot cause it could be not getting enough air flow through the plant. I useally snip 2-4inches below the rot to ensure it doesn't spread further. But it's up to you. You could also look up other ways to prevent and stop it if you don't want to snip the whole bud site off. Other than that they look awesome!

Briand1234

Briand1234

She’s pretty bushy and tall. None of the other sites have started to brown which is why I’m a little concerned. I’ve also had bud rot problems with my previous two plants so I wouldn’t b surprised.
Yeah I'm thinking so than if you've been having those problems does it look similar to what it did before? I would say defoliation but it seems to be good for air flow cause with some indicas they get really bushy and hard for air flow to get through. So I'm going to say bud rot. If you wanted to save that bud site I'd look up ways to save it cause what I so is snip 2-4inches below the bud rot to make sure it doesnt spread further. Other than that looking good for first time! Keep it up growmie!

fuqya

fuqya

Yeah it may be bud rot than hows the weather been lately and how bushy? I'd say try defoliation to prevent any further bud rot cause it could be not getting enough air flow through the plant. I useally snip 2-4inches below the rot to ensure it doesn't spread further. But it's up to you. You could also look up other ways to prevent and stop it if you don't want to snip the whole bud site off. Other than that they look awesome!
It’s been pretty hot and humid (90+ degrees past few weeks + 40-60 % humidity) but it’s cooling down now. But thank you I’ll probably just end up snippin it off!

Briand1234

Briand1234

It’s been pretty hot and humid (90+ degrees past few weeks + 40-60 % humidity) but it’s cooling down now. But thank you I’ll probably just end up snippin it off!
No worries! Keep on growing growmie!! If have any more issues this site is the way to go always quick responses and lots of help from people!

Madbud

Madbud

I would sacrifice that whole bud to carefully dig through it in search of a caterpillar. If you have one, you have a dozen.
Edit: better yet, hang the bud over a container for a day or two, if its a cat it will drop into the bucket.

Last edited:
fuqya

fuqya

I would sacrifice that whole bud to carefully dig through it in search of a caterpillar. If you have one, you have a dozen.
I removed the site. Couldn’t find the caterpillar but there definitely was one because I found that nasty web stuff they leave behind.

Madbud

Madbud

I removed the site. Couldn’t find the caterpillar but there definitely was one because I found that nasty web stuff they leave behind.
Probably moved to another bud, some cats go through up to nine cocoons before they morph. BTK spray kills cats, then dunk your buds in water and peroxide after chop. You can use btk up til harvest they say.

fuqya

fuqya

Probably moved to another bud, some cats go through up to nine cocoons before they morph. BTK spray kills cats, then dunk your buds in water and peroxide after chop. You can use btk up til harvest they say.
Okay nice. I’ve used neem for the past few months but heard it makes buds taste bad (haven’t sprayed plants in a few weeks). I just recently harvested a few clones that were ready and cleaned those in a baking soda/lemon juice/water mix. Is BTK a better option as a pesticide?

Madbud

Madbud

BTK is a bacterium from butterfly gut, fatal to caterpillars alone. Neem is a general organic pesticide that tastes nasty when smoked. I’ve used btk in early flower with no noticeable effect on the smoke. Soaking fresh cuts in water and hydrogen peroxide before drying cleans residue and any debris without disturbing the trichomes.

Top Bottom