Bud supports before heavy flowering

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

Hiya peeps, just wanted to get advice. I am currently in day 16 of flower and they are looking like they are going to go mental in a week or so. I was thinking of using garden staves to support each of the branches and attach them using stretchy garden string. I know there are nets and things but I have reached the limit on what I can spend this grow. Is this a viable option? If so what is the best way to do it? Any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance lovely people, peace āœŒ

Bud supports before heavy flowering
Bud supports before heavy flowering 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hiya peeps, just wanted to get advice. I am currently in day 16 of flower and they are looking like they are going to go mental in a week or so. I was thinking of using garden staves to support each of the branches and attach them using stretchy garden string. I know there are nets and things but I have reached the limit on what I can spend this grow. Is this a viable option? If so what is the best way to do it? Any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance lovely people, peace āœŒ
i wouldnā€™t stick anything into the soil ever..
get a better idea,ā€¦
i do this when needed..

sambapati

sambapati

Same i do it early in flower before heaps of roots got to the outside of pots in coco/perlite..doesnt hurt them one bit..is it in ground?

I use 4 foot bamboo stakes indoor usually. I had to buy the vigoro 8 foot ones for outside this year. First time growing photos outside and holy shit are they big.
WARNING: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/n...h20-terp-tea-nutes.133595/page-3#post-2840808 this post graphically shows buds being held down and propped up. Bamboo is so useful..garden wire and a hand drill -- all the supports you need.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Same i do it early in flower before heaps of roots got to the outside of pots in coco/perlite..doesnt hurt them one bit..is it in ground?
No, organic soil in 5 gallon pots.

I never noticed any effects from pushing the stake in, but if they go all the way to the bottom of the pot, They screw up watering. Water just follows the giant macropore and runs out the bottom of the pot.

I like @GNick55's method. I might give it a try next grow.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
get creative, lots of ways, just think of your plants and what you may have to do later on, like watering or cleaning etcā€¦ my way for me makes it easy to access all plants..

The_word

The_word

get creative, lots of ways, just think of your plants and what you may have to do later on, like watering or cleaning etcā€¦ my way for me makes it easy to access all plants..
Mate, your idea is fantastic, I am just being a bit lazy right now and don't have time to set it up. I also fucked up and left them in veg a little too long without taking stretch into account. There is literally 0 space left to hang anything hahahaha 100% I am going to do this on my next grow. Thanks for the advice, peace āœŒ

2Bad

2Bad

Struggling with what I want to use for support because no method for support is perfect...it frickin annoys me lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom