• Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

larebowm

I've never seen bud darken like this when drying
Bud turning brown im freaking out man

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Mold, budrot? Mold then budrot? Age? How old is the sample? Was it a purple strain?

L

larebowm

trimmed bud dryed in basket 3 days containerd up burp an hour a day.
what i always do. im parinoid this could be rot?
20140122 112114

L

larebowm

Strain thc bomb. My heater died in the middle of a freeze and it turned some of my buds purple.but no they appear brown
this is a new experience for me hope I don't have to throw it all out

Shamus

Shamus

ok, first off try your best to get a more in focus pic, that would help a ton, and are the green samples on the left wet? and the darker ones dry? if they arein the same stage of drying and the same strain you def got somethin not good goin on there, unless the nugs on the right were simply just purp.

2nd. def dont throw it away, worst case scenario make hash n do an alcohol wash or butane extraction then cook with said hash. medibles are better than nothing.

you can see the mold generally IME.

and also in my experience buds do darken after drying, they dont stay the same lime green color, at least not always, i do believe this is the chlorophyll leaving your buds, which is what u want.

and also i hang dry for a week or two before i even start the burping process
thats cutting it way too close

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

looks like straight bud rot to me as well. Anything those buds have touched needs to be disinfected. If you have anything else in flower keep an eye on them.

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Yep...trouble there...mold and rot...move this away from any thing you don't want to contaminate...get it in a place away from everything that will dry it slowly...paper towels and a cardboard box, with a small lamp/fan maybe...don't cook it with heat,but get it dry asap...there are no secrets to this problem...once you have it, most of the bud will be affected even before you see it...edibles/hash may get you something salvageable...other than that, you in a pickle to get anything good to smoke...it was either there when you harvested or you put it up wet...it is easy to do...you are better off too dry than wet period...sorry for your luck here...B

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Don't let it discourage you even though it's a shit situation...if you/we didn't make mistakes, you would learn nothing advantageous..pick yourself up...take a good look at all things associated with mold and rot...airflow...temps, humidity and the likes...one damn thing for sure...you got a nice photo thingy with them close-up's and the buds look solid other than this mold shit...nobody's perfect here...if they say they are...it's a lie....lol...now go get your grow on....and never look back...consistent success is built on that...I've been there done that if it's of any constellation...there will always be better days ahead of your mistakes in this hobby....you can bank on it...sorry again for the shitty luck...B

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Maybe you can share your curing process from chop to clip to zip(or screw if Your mason jar man). Lot's of KNOWLEDGEABLE Greenthumb Farmer's with serious Ways to learn to tweek your process. .. Just a thought i would have if i had your issue ..SO no Long faces .

donmekka

donmekka

you can find 0.2 micron filters on e-bay along with the syringes for cheap

Top Bottom