budget outdoor 2020 GH options?

• Thread starter redshift75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redshift75

Considering finding a budget option one i can take down before snow fall.

looking for maybe 20' Im in the great north so i need one that wont collapse at the first gust of wind. But one i can easily store in the barn for winter. I see lots of ones around $200 but am unsure of the quality cause i only know about going for $1500-10k hoop houses that can handle winter. Thats not really in my budget. but would like to keep em separate but enclosed.

i see lots of info about sizes but none really about brands in my searching. Most just parrot top picks from amazon as far as "best options reviews" go.

Thanks in advance

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Harbor Freight has a decent in the budget range and built with a base that has wheels you maybe able to move it around. I’ve seen them take a beating and they last but dunno about how it may handle a snow load

R

redshift75

Harbor Freight has a decent in the budget range and built with a base that has wheels you maybe able to move it around. I’ve seen them take a beating and they last but dunno about how it may handle a snow load
i should have enough time to take them down and wont need a snow load capacity. I just see mixed reviews on the kits in that price range so its hard to figure out which "brand" if they arent all the same kit rebranded to pick. Ill check out harbor freight.

R

redshift75

Hoop house anchored to the ground?

I thought that but in order to get a decent hoop house that i know wont buckle from the wind in my zone is a little out of my range. i actually think im just going to build one with 2x4 and run 8 mil plastic. I think that may be best option to ensure i dont end up with something destroyed as i go outdoors. Was told have to do it in an enclosure or fenced area. But would still like some protection since i expect lots of rain this year. last year i found a spot that was perfect for about 10x24 grow house that was dry all year when other parts were completely flooded. i also expect to get some good 50-60mph storms and last time i did economical hoop houses they ended up twisted like pretzels and all was lost :(

my neighbors tell me anything short of what i have and it wont hold. So will have to see what i can come up with and build is probably going to be my most practical approach to this solution. really dont want people coming to look at/pick up their produce to see my MMJ so really trying to seperate it as much as i can from my regular day to day livelyhood. Im sure most probably wont care but is just one of those things right

Latest posts

Top Bottom