Buds drying on plant, a week into flush

• Thread starter Custom45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom45

Custom45

Spider mites are the borg. You can blast em off with water. Buy they're just multiplying. They can completely encase entire plants pretty fast. You can if you have CO2 poison them. Turn the PPM up to 10000 ppm. Leave if for an hour or two. And then restore to previous levels. Plants won't die. Bugs and Animals will.
I don't have co2, what about turning off exhaust fans for an hour or two and opening a few of these in the sealed tent?

Custom45

Custom45

I used a calculator that suggested I'd need approx 1 cubic foot of co2 to raise ppm to 10,000 in a tent my size (4x4x6, 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m). There's approx 50g of co2 in a cubic foot, these cartridges contain 16g of 99% co2, so 3-4 of them to gas the mites??

Ponky

Ponky

I used a calculator that suggested I'd need approx 1 cubic foot of co2 to raise ppm to 10,000 in a tent my size (4x4x6, 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m). There's approx 50g of co2 in a cubic foot, these cartridges contain 16g of 99% co2, so 3-4 of them to gas the mites??
I mean if the math works. But leakage. Shut down the intake and exhaust and maybe block em off. Cubic foot of air at sea level average conditions is about 36.6 grams. If in right on my math. You have i think 96 cubic feet of air. And let's call that 3500 grams for the sake of easy math. So 1% of that is 35 grams. So 2 or 3.. but I'm pretty high for awesome math questions. But 3 should for sure. One hour. Then vent. Be aware that's double the theoretical 8 hour day max limit. So not crazy dangerous or anything.

Ponky

Ponky

Note it will only kill adults. Not larvae. And agricultural saturation levels are around 4-8% and they go for 14 to 15 days. To kill all the larvae. And the plants do suffer. And it's hotly debated for efficacy. Spider mites are a bitch. I'd harvest. If they're bad rinse. And use a more aggressive clean up method for the room. And make sure you kill every last egg. I use ozone peroxide and commercial cleaners. Aswell as a 3 week low temps and no plant matter break. To get rid of spider mites. My most hated nemesis. Only got me twice in life. Second time they covered the plants like a horror movie in just a few days. Still gives me the creeps.

Ponky

Ponky

20211101 141733
the doktor doom on the right is a fogger you can use during veg. Or when you're in veg before buds form. I use an ozone machine and a spray bottle of peroxide. I spray the surface in the area. Fire up the machine. And let it run like 30 minutes to an hour. Then I vent the fog (disconnect and remove carbon filters.)
When you're done it smells sterilize and you can clean up with regular soap and paper towels. Nothing can survive peroxide and ozone. Not even a bacterium.

Custom45

Custom45

Cheers, I've ordered co2 so will give it a go. Won't kill eggs, no, but if I can kill enough to allow for harvest and some drying, then perhaps retreat again in 3-4 days?? Or once I've trimmed them all up and got rid of all leaves maybe treat again then?

I've ordered some smoke bombs to treat grow area once its clear.

Once buds are harvested and dried will the spiders die off? A

Ponky

Ponky

Cheers, I've ordered co2 so will give it a go. Won't kill eggs, no, but if I can kill enough to allow for harvest and some drying, then perhaps retreat again in 3-4 days?? Or once I've trimmed them all up and got rid of all leaves maybe treat again then?

I've ordered some smoke bombs to treat grow area once its clear.

Once buds are harvested and dried will the spiders die off? A
Well you might have to water cure to actually drown the little bastards. Because they're so hard to eliminate. I go full nuclear. Make the room smell like a swimming pool in a hospital operating room. Like I'm Howard Hughes.

Custom45

Custom45

Water cure? I've
Well you might have to water cure to actually drown the little bastards. Because they're so hard to eliminate. I go full nuclear. Make the room smell like a swimming pool in a hospital operating room. Like I'm Howard Hughes.

I'll read up on water curing, thank you.

I've ordered a Fortifog P smoke bomb to nuke the whole grow area. My next batch are in veg for another week so I might give them a spray of something and a coating of diatomaceous earth.

I wonder if these little fucks are the cause of my previous issues with this plant. About 2 weeks into flower I had a lot of lower leaves yellowing off and dying that slowly spread up, thought it was nute problem but nothing I tried made it go away.

F

Frayergrows

I know it has been almost half a year, but if you’re flushing in coco that pH better be dialed or you got biofilm somewhere with irrigation. Regardless, don’t flush….

Grayshan

Grayshan

Are the buds drying on just one plant? I doubt if this is your case, but last year I had an outdoor plant dry up and I had to chop early. When I pulled the stem up, the roots were completely rotten.

Top Bottom