buds losing smell after drying

• Thread starter 420VISION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420VISION

is it normal for them to lose smell after drying?

i have yet to put them in a jar yet

they been drying for a bout 2 days and i notice some smell less strong then others

is this normal and does the smell come back?

P

Producer

Smell should come back. If its only been 2 days of drying they've got a little more time to go. Dry them until you can't bend the stem anymore, if it snaps you're good to go. Then jar them, and open the lid every 24hrs to air them out.
Remember to keep them in a cool dark place.

G

grnmountainboy

sadly, yes you will see some of the scent leave during drying. anything will have a stronger scent when its wet, especially weed. ever smelled a dry dog? ever smelled a wet one? notice how they smell a lot stronger wet? this is the same as you are experiencing.

S

sinestro

sadly, yes you will see some of the scent leave during drying. anything will have a stronger scent when its wet, especially weed. ever smelled a dry dog? ever smelled a wet one? notice how they smell a lot stronger wet? this is the same as you are experiencing.

:) :) like it!!

yeah as long as you do not speed dry you will get the smells

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Make sure there drying slowly cuz if they dry fast u will lose all the smell & u can't get the smell back if u dry them 2 fast..

J

jetcat

if you humidity is too low (below 45) then you will loose smell and flavor. try to keep it between 45 and 55 with your temps between 65 and 75. the outside of the buds get crispy but once you jar them the internal moisture will sweat out along with that smell you grew to love. just don't jar too soon or you will have a weird dill smell that takes forever to cure out.

A

Alien Abductee

yeah, when it dries you will smell hay smell, then as you cure it the smell will return after the chlorophyll breaks down in the plant. It takes me about a week to get rid of the hay smell and the buds to form up and smell to return.

P

Prophis

Yeah that hay / grassy smell is completely normal right after harvest.

once you dry and cure it, she'll begin smelling great in a couple weeks

gardenganster

gardenganster

don't forget...if you pull flowers that are not fully...I mean fully mature, you'll never get rid of that hay,fresh cut grass smell, much less a bag appeal odor

A

alphaferret

Yes when the plants are beginning the flower stage and into bud formation the smell really comes on strong-thats when most buy their first filter-but after the first few days of drying alot of that intoxicating smog has gone the way of your dehumidifier/air circ. in house. Please be sure to properly cure your harvest. You will keep as much of that aroma as poss. and the smoke/vape whatever will be that must smoother and enjoyable.

1.Dry/hanging
2.bottle/burp
3.bag freeze or enjoy

E

east fork

have some webb foot really bushy only 3wks into veg. should i trim some?

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Perfect example

T

Truplayaz

is it normal for them to lose smell after drying?

i have yet to put them in a jar yet

they been drying for a bout 2 days and i notice some smell less strong then others

is this normal and does the smell come back?

T

Truplayaz

Anyone available? I'm growing northern lights Auto.. it doesn't seem to smell alot at all.. anyone know if this is normal ?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I grew a couple autos for the first time last year. They had medium aroma but gave a very weak buzz. I think autos can be a bit sketchy. Good for beginners who want flowering buds but IMO pale in comparison to photos (regular or feminized). Other auto growers can add their 2 cents.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Yes when drying should not smell too much. If it smells a lot meant trichomes r finishing. Have nada to worry about I thought the same till a grower explain it to me .so yes it's normal. Keep it at right steady temp and hui.u b good. Make Shure they snap before jar. And I don't use jars no more I use terp bags they r the best to cure

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Anyone available? I'm growing northern lights Auto.. it doesn't seem to smell alot at all.. anyone know if this is normal ?
The "newer" Northern Lights doesn't have much aroma. They spin it and say it's great for indoor due to that,not saying it's no good. Old Northern Lights reeks.

Top Bottom