Buds Not Filling Out Proper

• Thread starter whocares
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whocares

got a nice pheno of strawberry banana last year and was really impressed by the bud size, structure and density but the past 3 runs it hasnt been looking proper. The issue looks similiar to heat stress in my opninion so i got a new mini split a few months ago and thought that would solve the problem but it doesnt seem to of helped the issue at all.

I see no signs of light bleaching or burning of any sort.

In canna coco with hydroton and im also using tupur. Same results. Ive tried feeding in wet/dry cycles and ive tried more of a hydro approach with keeping the medium more saturated. Doesnt help either.

Cuttings come out looking great, veg looks great and so does the first couple weeks of flower.

The finished buds come out super frosty as well they just last density.

Im feeding with vegbloom and +life and +size.

Ive also tried gavitas 600/750 and dimluxes. the lighting difference doesnt seem to make a difference either.

Its day 33 temp is 76 humidity is 65 and co2 is 1000ppm

Any thoughts or opinions?

First pic is before and the rest of the pics are current state.

Buds not filling out proper
Buds not filling out proper 2
Buds not filling out proper 3
Buds not filling out proper 4
Buds not filling out proper 5
Buds not filling out proper 6
R

rascali

Too many hormones.... looks like the old Superthrive symptoms - no one could believe the low recommended doses and ALWAYS over did it and ended up with what you have.
I don't know squat about "Turpiur" but just from the name it sounds like BFT, was that your latest addition?

P

PharmHand

They do look really green, maybe too much N. It can cause foxtaily bud like that and lanky growth. You giving calmag too? High N calmag? I found veg +bloom plants are always a darker green. How strong you feeding? Same food regimen as before?

W

whocares

Too many hormones.... looks like the old Superthrive symptoms - no one could believe the low recommended doses and ALWAYS over did it and ended up with what you have.
I don't know squat about "Turpiur" but just from the name it sounds like BFT, was that your latest addition?

I dont know what bft is but tupur is simply a brand of coco cut with perlite.

Hmmm to many hormones huh? Never thought of that.

my regimine couldnt be any simplier. Elite91 roots 1x a week in veg and in flower nothing extra is added just the vegbloom base and their 1 flower additive.

W

whocares

They do look really green, maybe too much N. It can cause foxtaily bud like that and lanky growth. You giving calmag too? High N calmag? I found veg +bloom plants are always a darker green. How strong you feeding? Same food regimen as before?

Same feeding regimen as before.

Agreed plants are always super green with vegbloom. Ive tried using the vegbloom with ro water and adding calmag. Ive tried it with no calmag and currently im trying tap water with vegbloom. All routes have given the same result. Like almost completly identical results

Im following their recommendation. 4g base and 1g shine. Its about 1.6ec and the ph is 5.9-6.0. Runoff is 1.8ec and ph is 6.1

P

PharmHand

You change your ducting or anything like that? Sometimes super cold ac air directed right at your tops can kinda stunt tops. If you got a laser temp gun check the temp on your tops- get lots of readings. If your ac cycles on and off check how hot it gets when ac is off too. Get an idea how long it takes to reach desired temp how long it stays there/fluctuations-a data logger thermo can help a lot. How close are your lights and what are they?

W

whocares

You change your ducting or anything like that? Sometimes super cold ac air directed right at your tops can kinda stunt tops. If you got a laser temp gun check the temp on your tops- get lots of readings. If your ac cycles on and off check how hot it gets when ac is off too. Get an idea how long it takes to reach desired temp how long it stays there/fluctuations-a data logger thermo can help a lot. How close are your lights and what are they?

its a new room and I tried to build it as similar as possible. the only real difference is I don't have fans blowing between the lights and the plants like I did before (this room is a little narrower and there just isn't room for them)

I have gavitas 600/750 and I have dimlux dual bulb cmh lights. About 3 feet between lights and tops. Zero signs of light bleaching or burning

AC is a 24,000btu mini split imo more than enough ac to keep the room cool. Splits don't really cycle on and off the more or less just speed up or slow down to maintain temp.

ill go get a temp gun and see what she says...

ill be back

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

When are you cutting the gas and lowering the temp and humidity?

W

whocares

I run 1200ppm and 85/75% until day 14. then 80/70% until day 21. then 78/65% until 42. I drop the co2 from 1200ppm to 1000 around day 28

W

whocares

Got an temp gun. Tops are 75 by the ac and 79-80 in the hottest back corner.

Now i will say i bumped the ac and lights down a bit when i was seeing this same issue again so i guess day 21ish-30 some of the tops could of been around 84-86.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
They look kinda shiny in a few pics, have you scoped for mites?
Scope the left side of the room in the pic, roots and under the leaves, the left side has some clawing, could be pests eating roots or leaves.

P

PharmHand

They don't look bad for 4.5 weeks. But you think they're structuring up like the last times they foxtailed on ya? Normally foxtailing caused by too much heat, too much light, too much N late in flower.... You spray em w anything while in bud? Have all your not so great crops been grown with the same batch/container of vegbloom?

W

whocares

They don't look bad for 4.5 weeks. But you think they're structuring up like the last times they foxtailed on ya? Normally foxtailing caused by too much heat, too much light, too much N late in flower.... You spray em w anything while in bud? Have all your not so great crops been grown with the same batch/container of vegbloom?

I think grabbing that temp gun really helped me figure this out.

So I think whats happened is: this room has less airflow than the last room. So basically the last rooms leaf temps were closer to the rooms air temps (which I was monitoring) and this rooms leaf temps on average were a lot higher than the air temp. So the plants were getting to hot even though I was thinking they were ok.

Also no I don't spray them (I've been trying to narrow the issue down) and no not the same batch of vegbloom

Latest posts

Top Bottom