Buds not forming tricomes..PLEASE HELP

• Thread starter Thedevilslettuce83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedevilslettuce83

Thedevilslettuce83

I have been growing haze Extreme, blueberry and white widow all from crop king seeds. I have had three harvests of each and every time I clone, grow and flower the tricomes are significantly reducing to the point that there are NONE on some top buds. I have changed from advanced nutrients conisour to floraflex powdered nutrients and now back to AV conisour. Other than than nothing has changed. Do the genetics run out as i e cloned 4 times to harvest already. Please help! I used to have increadible crusty tricomes and now nothing. Any hints or advice on how to remedy. The picture with no tricomes is now and the pic that's covered in tricomes is the first harvest...same strain. This is the same story with all the strains I'm growing.

Buds not forming tricomesplease help
Buds not forming tricomesplease help 2
Ponky

Ponky

Get rid of the genetics. Replace with the kill. If it isn't frosty mad nugs of pure fire. Kill it. If its ugly, weak, tastes bad or drops seeds. Kill it. There is 30% THC mega strains to be grown. Don't waste time growing anything that isn't 20% or more. You'll be glad you did. Keep buying seeds until you get the genetics you know you need.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of light do you have? Same light every grow?

Thedevilslettuce83

Thedevilslettuce83

Yes they have been same lights. 4 x 240 watt blurples in a 5x5 area-Fiet 4ft grow light red spectrum enhanced for budding and flowering (3rd pic). They were so good and strong it unlocked the coveted white top flower locked in the genetics in the second crop in the blue berry's. Check out the first pick. Now this is all the blueberry's give (almost 4 weeks in of 8 weeks, 4th pic) . 4 days ago i switched to hortacultural lighting group Hgl100 red spectrum (3 times) and one original fiet 240 watt bc three of the fiet lights broke after 11 months. I also have a few plants of the same strains in an auxillary spot (2 x 4)next to the 5 x 5 with a vivosun vs 2000 and 2 blueberry's under a hlg 100 red spec. Everything has been the same until a few days ago.

20210719 055527
20210719 055241
20210627 035234
20210719 060107
20210719 055241
20210627 032339
Thedevilslettuce83

Thedevilslettuce83

Yes they have been same lights. 4 x 240 watt blurples in a 5x5 area. Fiet 4ft grow light red spectrum enhanced for budding and flowering. They were so good and strong it unlocked the coveted
Get rid of the genetics. Replace with the kill. If it isn't frosty mad nugs of pure fire. Kill it. If its ugly, weak, tastes bad or drops seeds. Kill it. There is 30% THC mega strains to be grown. Don't waste time growing anything that isn't 20% or more. You'll be glad you did. Keep buying seeds until you get the genetics you know you need.
The strains were haze Extreme and blueberry (24% thc each) and white widow almost 26% thc. I just popped some beans of ghost train Haze, 30% thc.
I always labeled my mother's and flowering plants and chose the best results to clone. It's the correct genetics but the only thing I can think is that the telomeres on the end of the DNA strands are like a fuze that get shorter Everytime the cells split. The same basic idea behind why humans get older looking. Our cells are a copy of a copy and the copy's get blurrier with each replication. Does that happen with plant clones and in a year and a half a time? ( four crop cycles)

white top flower locked in the genetics the second crop in the blue berry's. Check out the first pick. Now this is all the blueberry's give ( second pic) . 4 days ago i switched to hortacultural lighting group Hgl100 red spectrum 3 times and one original fiet 240 watt bc three of the fiet lights broke after 11 months. I also have a few plants of the same strains in an auxillary spot (2 x 4)next to the 5 x 5 with a vivosun vs 2000 and 2 blueberry's under a regular hlg 100

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I have been growing haze Extreme, blueberry and white widow all from crop king seeds. I have had three harvests of each and every time I clone, grow and flower the tricomes are significantly reducing to the point that there are NONE on some top buds. I have changed from advanced nutrients conisour to floraflex powdered nutrients and now back to AV conisour. Other than than nothing has changed. Do the genetics run out as i e cloned 4 times to harvest already. Please help! I used to have increadible crusty tricomes and now nothing. Any hints or advice on how to remedy. The picture with no tricomes is now and the pic that's covered in tricomes is the first harvest...same strain. This is the same story with all the strains I'm growing.
If clones don't give tricomes go back to new seed. It sounds like you've figured out your AN nutes are good. You know what the lights can produce. It's not water or bugs. Just genetics.

You'd see something happening weeks ago if it was going to happen.

DSC06557a

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve always been told that you don’t want to clone clone’s pass the second generation and definitely not pass the third. Sounds like you’re on the fourth. No experience with it just Hearsay.

Ponky

Ponky

When you breed feminized seeds with other feminized seeds it creates a type of plant that can be prone to mutation. I used to know the name for it. Breeds need landrace backbones for consistency. And female to female crossbreeding leads to a break down. I had seeds drop on fem bruce banner. Those seeds grew 4 completely different plants. 2 good. 2 garbage. All smelled the same. On was airy and no glands. One was short and weak. 2 were strong. Those genes were high thc. But garbage.

zzzybil

zzzybil

idk bout that ''after 2nd gen '' clones ................. people keep clones 20 yrs soooooooooo ??????????????? not at alllllllllll like why people age lol.......copy of copy not feelin that baloney

7munkee

7munkee

I'm not sure about cannabis, but as an avid 'shroom grower p. cubenis will slowly degrade after cloning each time getting more degraded in potency, size and what not. It only Stands to reason that if you make a copy of a copy of a copy you lose vital information (genetics) each time.

I'm sure this goes for cannabis also.

7munkee

7munkee

idk bout that ''after 2nd gen '' clones ................. people keep clones 20 yrs soooooooooo ??????????????? not at alllllllllll like why people age lol.......copy of copy not feelin that baloney
Keeping the same plant alive and taking clones from it each time is one thing.

But cloning a clone and then cloning THAT clone and so on has to lead to degradation.

Ponky

Ponky

But cloning a clone and then cloning THAT clone and so on has to lead to degradation.
Clone degradation from clone to clone cloning takes 15 years or more. The strain will be obsolete before it breaks down like Cavendish bananas.

growsince79

growsince79

Yes they have been same lights. 4 x 240 watt blurples in a 5x5 area. Fiet 4ft grow light red spectrum enhanced for budding and flowering. They were so good and strong it unlocked the coveted

The strains were haze Extreme and blueberry (24% thc each) and white widow almost 26% thc. I just popped some beans of ghost train Haze, 30% thc.
I always labeled my mother's and flowering plants and chose the best results to clone. It's the correct genetics but the only thing I can think is that the telomeres on the end of the DNA strands are like a fuze that get shorter Everytime the cells split. The same basic idea behind why humans get older looking. Our cells are a copy of a copy and the copy's get blurrier with each replication. Does that happen with plant clones and in a year and a half a time? ( four crop cycles)

white top flower locked in the genetics the second crop in the blue berry's. Check out the first pick. Now this is all the blueberry's give ( second pic) . 4 days ago i switched to hortacultural lighting group Hgl100 red spectrum 3 times and one original fiet 240 watt bc three of the fiet lights broke after 11 months. I also have a few plants of the same strains in an auxillary spot (2 x 4)next to the 5 x 5 with a vivosun vs 2000 and 2 blueberry's under a regular hlg 100
It was just a matter of time before they created a photoperiod strain that can't be cloned. Now they can stop pushing them silly autos. In a few years nothing will clone or be suitable for breeding. Preserve your good seeds or be forever dependent on overpriced shit genetics.

growsince79

growsince79

I once grew the same clone over 6 years without keeping a mother, so probably 25 generations and exactly the same every time. Soon all the seed makers will make seeds that are sterile and unclonable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom