Buds not sticky lack smell

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

So I watered to flush the soil and watered about two gallons of pH water (5gal pot)..which is almost a gallon more than normal..this was on the 22nd and the soil is still pretty damp. There seems to be lack of smell now and the buds are not sticky at all really. I checked for signs of mold and there’s none that I can see. The trichomes are still kinda clear and if not only heads are milky or amber. Seems like may be fox tailing? Should be time to harvest but not sure what’s up or what to do cause I wanna give it 24 hours of darkness at least before cutting but with the soil still damp will that cause an issue? Hey I am new to thisgetting better as I go though and trying to learn.

Buds not sticky lack smell
Buds not sticky lack smell 2
Buds not sticky lack smell 3
Buds not sticky lack smell 4
Buds not sticky lack smell 5
Smithers

Smithers

I’d say you have at least a few days window from now to make that decision. I’d wait longer for the soil to be dryer before the dark out and the trichs to look how I like, but I’m inexperienced also

Smithers

Smithers

So I watered to flush the soil and watered about two gallons of pH water (5gal pot)..which is almost a gallon more than normal..this was on the 22nd and the soil is still pretty damp. There seems to be lack of smell now and the buds are not sticky at all really. I checked for signs of mold and there’s none that I can see. The trichomes are still kinda clear and if not only heads are milky or amber. Seems like may be fox tailing? Should be time to harvest but not sure what’s up or what to do cause I wanna give it 24 hours of darkness at least before cutting but with the soil still damp will that cause an issue? Hey I am new to thisgetting better as I go though and trying to learn.
We’re they smelly and sticky before, and lost it? Or they haven’t been sticky and smelly the whole time…?

They look like nice buds.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

We’re they smelly and sticky before, and lost it? Or they haven’t been sticky and smelly the whole time…?

They look like nice buds.
They were very sticky before..maybe not too smelly but you could smell it good enough. White widow auto. And thank you yeah I think they don’t look too bad.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

White widow auto and yes they were sticky before
I don't do autos. But maybe they are past peak regardless of trich color. What color are the thichs in the center of the buds- the ones you can't see?
I harvest when the nose says done.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
you judge by looking at the heads not the stalk of trichomes to see if it’s finished.,
it looks done to me,
don’t worry about flush and 24-48 hours darkness doesn’t do anything worth while.

Interesting I do not know this and I’m super close to harvest. I’ve focused so much on just growing my plant so good I didn’t really get into harvesting until recent. I figured I would worry about that when the time came and just tried to grow the healthiest plant possible. Is this why ppl partially harvest the tops of their plants and let the rest finish? I preferably wanna just chop it whole.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Interesting I do not know this and I’m super close to harvest. I’ve focused so much on just growing my plant so good I didn’t really get into harvesting until recent. I figured I would worry about that when the time came and just tried to grow the healthiest plant possible. Is this why ppl partially harvest the tops of their plants and let the rest finish? I preferably wanna just chop it whole.
yep you can partially harvest, i have a few buddies that only do that where as i cut the whole plant down.
well it’s easier to take off most fan leaves other than ones around big buds and than cut good size to big branches to hang to dry and than chop down the stalk/trunk part last, do everything before chopping down, than finished.. way this farting around with the plant, damaging tric’s this way.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
download a magnifying app so you can see the trichs better. it looks time to chop.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

I have looked at the trichomes I said. Most are clear and couple amber and milky

Top Bottom