Buds on Day 2 of drying, can I still wash them?

• Thread starter LoyalistCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoyalistCannabis

LoyalistCannabis

In a rush to avoid unexpected frost, my wife and I harvested our cannabis (which was ready anyways) late in the evening. Because of this, I forgot to wash my buds. I'd still really like to do it if I can but they're now on day 2 of drying, and I'd like to seek advice rather than just trying it.

any help would be great.

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

Same here, please explain process of wash 👍

I did this last year because of aphids. After trimming, I'd grab a couple of branches and dunk them in a bucket of water/peroxide, swish em around for a little bit, then give them a dunk in plain water and a vigorous "snap" to throw off as much water as possible. Then I dried them normally. I was pretty amazed at the crap that came off of them. I don't think it hurt the quality a bit. I'm going to wash again this year.

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Yea but don’t they absorb enough water throughout the growing process. Are you washing PM off? I have heard of that, but for some bugs, I doubt I’d try that.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

In a rush to avoid unexpected frost, my wife and I harvested our cannabis (which was ready anyways) late in the evening. Because of this, I forgot to wash my buds. I'd still really like to do it if I can but they're now on day 2 of drying, and I'd like to seek advice rather than just trying it.

any help would be great.
I've never known seen anyone wash two days after harvest, I don't think it's going to work well for you, I wouldn't do it at this point

middleagedude

middleagedude

Yeah. H2O2 with water 1/4 dilution is good for removing pm and bugs, but I wouldn’t do it on day 2 of drying. I only do it immediately after harvest.

Madbud

Madbud

Washing outdoor buds is pretty common, george cervantes recommends it. I would wash 2 day old cuts then blow dry, mine are still pretty fresh for almost a week.

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
The only thing I could see washing off is pm. If bugs are that bad they usually do damage but nothing that needs washed off.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I've washed buds weeks after harvest. Only because they were going to go in the trash otherwise. The drier they are the quicker the wash process.

And to anyone curious, washed bud is good for edibles only.

Madbud

Madbud

I've washed buds weeks after harvest. Only because they were going to go in the trash otherwise. The drier they are the quicker the wash process.

You mean moldy bud? I wash everything, smokes fine. Moldy or poopy buds get trashed, but i haven’t had aspergillus in years.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Why? Please
Explain.

yourmechanicgrowsweed

yourmechanicgrowsweed

I've washed my outdoor buds w/ the Jorge method. Never had a problem. I'm only washing during harvest though... before I do final trim and hang to dry.

Top Bottom