Buds still not fattening up

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Buds still not fattening up

Hey guys. I’m in week 4 of flower from when I saw pistils and my buds don’t seem to be fattening up. Am I just being impatient and they will fatten up in the next few weeks?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Sit yourself down and defoliate the plants. Look at those buds way down bellow the screen in the dark. Remove as many leaves as you can or spread out the upper branches so the light can penetrate.
Stop feeding Nitrogen. Maybe a little, but very sparingly for the rest of the grow. It's getting late in the grow.
The plants will needs a little more Phosphorus, Potassium, Calcium at this time. Not a lot just bump them up a little, No need to over do it.
If you cut back the Nitrogen it will pull Nitrogen from the lower leaves first they will yellow and fall off. This will gradually get higher on the plant.
Leaves will fall off. Let them. Let the plant feel like it's fall and it's time to put everything into flowering. It's only 1/2 way there but it looks great.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Hey guys. I’m in week 4 of flower from when I saw pistils and my buds don’t seem to be fattening up. Am I just being impatient and they will fatten up in the next few weeks?
Yes, you are being impatient. You are three to four weeks away, just keep on doing what you are doing. You're getting close when the pistils (the bushy white hairs) shrivel, and the calyxes swell up around the base of the pistil. Those pistils will be mostly gone. Somebody suggested defoliating more, I disagree. One of the sources for the buds final growing spurt is sugars remaining in the fan leaves, which will ultimately yellow and die, as the plant cannibalizes them, which is fine. I prefer to let that happen and then remove.

Last edited:
mikeross

mikeross

Buds look pretty thick for only week 4 IMO, but that's strain dependent. They will swell a lot the last 1-2 weeks so make sure not to take them down early.

Top Bottom