Buds too frosty?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

What’s up farmers this is my first indoor grow.. she’s looking real good and getting real frosty maybe too frosty Lol.. I’ve been seeing these small white things popping up and being curious what it was. I touched it and realized their small sugar cubes/balls of all sugar but my question is.. are these trichromes or sugar? And is this type of buildup good or bad, And how much longer should I wait to harvest?

here’s some pics I just took

Buds too frosty
Buds too frosty 2
Buds too frosty 3
Buds too frosty 4
Buds too frosty 5
Miked1988

Miked1988

Potato chips?
Def not the cubes are all over the plant I’m the only one around it and I don’t eat near it..it’s def a sugar of some sort and it’s def coming from the plant.. those are 2 separate colas with the cubes on them

Miked1988

Miked1988

I think they might be gnat eggs and this whole time I thought it was sugar build up lol thank god for the forum lol the only bugs I’ve seen in my tent we’re gnats so I assume that’s what they are

Miked1988

Miked1988

I hit them with some green cleaner and spinosod last night hopefully that will help if they are eggs but what’s weird is I have it pretty isolated. So I’m just gonna have to wait and see if they appear again.. any idea on a good time to harvest if this this continues? Sooner the better or just keep waiting?

Miked1988

Miked1988

Dude, did anybody say spray your buds?!
I’ve used green cleaner before in flower along with spinosad and every plant came out good. everybody so far has told me it’s ok to use in flower.. I mean the’re chemicals in every grow esp in nutes unless there doing it 100% organic and I’m all for health and healthy weed but I would rather smoke a little bit of chemicals honestly than to smoke bug eggs

Miked1988

Miked1988

plus I’d rather spray as a preventative even the slightest chance it’s a bug or eggs than to wait it out and lose my crop to fungus gnats larva, spider mites etc

Edit:
Another thing I didn’t add is, this plant is almost ready for harvest but I have other plants beside it in My flower tent (all in soil) that still have awhile to go so I’m not just chancing this plant but all my other plants too that’s the main reason I sprayed

Last edited:
zzzybil

zzzybil

IDK who the everybody is that say it's ok to spray green cleaner and spinosad on ready to harvest buds ? Just saying yuh don't even know what it is ? Perlite - seems not likely but ? ................ Spinosad kills stuff , acts as neuro toxin - ok @ a low risk pesticide....... haha yeah for tomatoes not directly inhaled thru a burning process thru the blood barrier to your brain . Green cleaner uses oils & whatever to suffocate bugs - again safe on tomatoes tho burning & inhaling ?........... Yes who cares on vegging plants thats prolly safe since you won't smoke the leaves sprayed .

My understanding right or wrong is fungus gnats is a problem from OVERWATERING and breed /lay eggs in SOIL not leaves . They also have a low tolerance for temps below 75f soooooooooo cooler temps and drying out the top soil pretty much eliminates them.......... Point being yuh don't need chemicals for them . A saucer or cup of beer will attract & catch adults.

Yes I hear you on PREVENTATIVE .............. I just don't believe imo I'd wanna SMOKE any chemicals ............. people are getting serious and deadly lung damage vaping stuff they think is harmless or SAFE ........... And it took a while - they didn't develop shortness of breath , flu symptoms and gradual LUNG ISSUES while they were getting high or medicating .......... it snuck up on them ......... Sure maybe some is the jul e cigs but those have been around wayyyyyyyy longer than black market thc vaps ......... POINT being chemicals believed safe are not SAFE TO SMOKE.......... pRODUCTS safe to spray tomatoes , or drink / eat , bath with etc etc are NOT safe to burn and inhale........

I'd be proud for yuh if a consensus here of knowledgeable folks gave you a amen for spraying ready to harvest buds ! but my leather lung old butt ain't ! Read and saw you tube peeps WASH , DIP HARVEST in buckets of water and haha whatever ............... but your sprayed harvest.......... might wanna thunk on it .

Best part of diy is KNOWING no pesticides imho . And yea i have looped a skeeter stuck on a bud and yup freaked me out........ Rock on .......

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Spraying spinosad on your buds lol.
NOT!
"Seven simple ingredients of the highest quality make up Lost Coast Plant Therapy. We only use biodegradable, food grade, and cosmetic grade ingredients.

Below is more about the ingredients and what they do:

LABEL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Soy oil
is organic, food grade, and non-GMO. ACTION: Coats insects and suffocates on contact. Bugs cannot build an immunity to suffocation.

Peppermint Essential Oil is organic and food grade. ACTION: Natural bug repellent.

Citric Acid is organic, food grade. ACTION: Adjusts pH of plant surface. Preservative. This ingredient makes the pH of the plant inhospitable for powdery mildew and eliminates spores on contact due to its anti-fungal properties.

LABEL INERT INGREDIENTS:

Soap
is a proprietary blend and from a sustainable plant source. Lowers the surface tension of water/liquid, which helps it spread across the surface of anything it is applied to. An emulsifier (helps all the other ingredients to stay mixed together.) It also penetrates the insects body covering and disrupts the cell membrane. Cell contents leak out causing the target pests to dehydrate.

Isopropyl Alcohol is cosmetic grade (safe for skin). Isopropyl alcohol dehydrates insects rapidly and helps evaporate diluted product from plants safely without leaving harmful residue or burning.

Sodium Citrate is food grade. Preservative, this ingredient also buffers pH to keep it stable; which makes it impossible for powdery mildew and spores to live on the plant.

Water is purified, reverse osmosis. Emulsifier and thinning agent."

zzzybil

zzzybil

just because something is food grade or biodegradable or safe for cosmetics on your skin does not make it suitable or SAFE to smoke or INHALE .......... that's a whole nuther ball game ............... even if it does not directly turn into a poison when it burns - the irritation or damage , scarring to delicate lung tissue ....... is debatable at the least . I'm not talking vegging plants - we talking ready to harvest buds - smokeable product .

Let a pulmonologist look at that list and determine whats safe to inhale . Hell yeah its ''safe'' for your plants ...... not going to kill the plants ......... different subject people inhaling it.........

BIG RESPECT for the wisdom on this site ....... but this op doesn't even know if he has a problem or what ''it'' is .......... thinks fungus gnats lay eggs on leaves , LOOK at the 2 specks on the beautiful buds ........... and we're at a SPRAY'M debate ?????????? ........... seriously disappointed

Top Bottom