bug problems!!!

• Thread starter Jose Hernandez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jose Hernandez

Hey Friends Can anyone help I took some cuttings from a friends green house grow a couple of months ago and again some spider mites and aphids have found their way into my grow room. I don't want to blame the new cuts but I am pretty sure that is the source.

I have lately been useing a fox farm product that uses a small amount of crysanthinnum (un sure of the spelling at this second)oil to kill the pest. it has killed every bug dead i have seen in my space moving but it seams to be inefective in totally getting rid of the problem. may be because it is not killing the eggs or something?

What is the best way to get rid of this problem without having to clean out and start over?:(

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hot Shot No-Pest Strips, $6 at wal-m@rt. Have a fan blow over it and keep it in there at least 10 days. Always worked for me.

If you're into budding you may want to try something else depending on your perspective.

J

Jose Hernandez

Thanks for the tip. Are they like sticky pest traps and you blow the fan over it to blow the pests to them or does the odor kill them or something. I have known for a couple of weeks I had some spider mites and I have been spraying to kill them and trying really to totally keep them out of my veg room but last night I was inspecting the veg room and there was a plant that just didn't seem as healthy as the rest and low and behold there were some visible aphids under some of the shade leaves. So now I am really getting concerned last time I had a problem with mites I had to clean out totally and I sprayed the veg and flowering with a very light bleach solution and then got my cuts from a buddy and I haven't had any trouble with bugs till now.

I tend to ramble anyway I want to kill the bugs without wilting any leaves or stunting my veg plants and I would like to get some kind out of the plants I got flowering now. Man the thought of smoking bugs freaks me out!:smoke

D

drpressure600

pest-off . .

a friend of mine is like a guru, but 4 some reason he stays off the sites, his friends run a couple of grow shops, & he says the best product 4 bugs, spidermite, etc, etc, is called ''pest-off'', he says no matter whats going on in the grow room, this stuff is the king, try that & let us know what you think, hope u ok . .

G

GDaze

i think i've tried pest off and it was a waste of moolah ime
sounds like you're using pythrerin (sp)...apparently bypherfin (sp) is another good product and can sometime be more effective when resistance is there

heard good things about sb plant invigorator...don't know how that 1 works but i think it's a plant tonic that kills bugs too

i'd use as many traps as you can get, mix up the colours blue/ yellow...hanging from the plants, stuck to walls etc and then spray with a proper garden pump sprayer(not a spray bottle) every 3-4 days to break the cycle and keep it up & hoover everywhere as often as you can

apparently the hotbox sulpher vapouriser works well for killing mites as it puts em off their food and is quite safe in bloom without tainting your buds

hope you get it sorted

J

Jose Hernandez

Thanks friends I am going to have to start the war asap. I'll see If I can get a combo of these and some other tactics happening and see if I can get thru without a total clean out.

i live like in the middle of nowhere which can be great but the closest hydro shop is like an hour and a half by car and last time I got my buddy to pick up my stuff and when I called the store to get them to put my order togeather they had some new bug stuff but it was like $60 so I just stuck with the fox farm "don't bug me" spray, but like I said it just doesn't seem to be working.

I'll keep the farm posted. Unfriendly bugs are like the worst for a indoor gardener:worried atleast I got some decent strains out of it. I'm flowering some of the strains that brought the bugs.the HP13 just looks wonderfully and the smell is not disapointing. I also got a really nice veging cali o and the nigerian nightmare smells wonderful and is forming chunky little nuggets all up the main stalks but when i went to flower her she steched out so far I had to hang rocks on the branches to keep them under the lights. I was told the three strains came from sensi seed packs quite a while back.

Anyway I am pretty sure they brought the bugs and it seems the are atacking the weaker plants first. Some look kind of sad I really need to get on this it is totally freaking me out:smokepeace

S

Salty

Hey guys. Im new here but ive been in the growing biz for the past 15 years. I have only found one product that is remotely non-toxic that works.

It's called Pyola

Here's the link

I am not kidding. This stuff is the only thing ive found that not only kills mites but the eggs as well, which is the hard part. All it is is pyrethrins in vegetable oil.

S

Salty

looks good canu use wile flushing:dull

Ummm....:shake

I cringe.

NOTHING should be applied to flowers. IMO it's an absolute rule. I've killed many a plant but never sprayed and harvested. Can't deal with the guilt.

Mites should be handled by the time they leave your veg chamber. By handled i mean DESTROYED BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION MUAHAHAHA!!!!

But no seriously this stuff works and it's the only thing i have found that isn't poison, that works.

D

d-linegroupie

overnight a bunch of ladybugs...they'll eat the eggs that are around. Then you just have to worry about getting rid of the ones that are alive :muscle

U

USMCtanker

Hey guys. Im new here but ive been in the growing biz for the past 15 years. I have only found one product that is remotely non-toxic that works.

It's called Pyola

Here's the link

I am not kidding. This stuff is the only thing ive found that not only kills mites but the eggs as well, which is the hard part. All it is is pyrethrins in vegetable oil.
thanks for link just got some can never be to safe. now i got it just in case. lol as you can see when stuff happens i hate to wait lol

J

Jose Hernandez

Hey all you cannabis fans:drunk I went to try and find some hot shot No-Pest strips locally today with no luck. I told you guys I live in the middle of nowhere. I worry some times about ordering speciallty garden products and having them sent to my place, but I think i'm going to have to order some of these products and have them sent to me.

I hope to have time this weekend to pull everything out and start a full scale war!! Hot Shot No-Pest Strips, pest-off, sb plant invigorator, a proper garden pump sprayer, Pyola, and some lady bugs.

I have been try to incubate some mantis as well, I try and collect them in the spring and summer for the garden and they eat any bug that moves. They can also be very interesting to watch on your plants.

Gdaze, what is the hotbox sulpher vapouriser? Would any of you farmers recomend a site that may sell some if not all of the products at a fair price and ship them out discreately?

J

Jose Hernandez

Thanks Gdaze, my friend at the hydro shop suggested a new product called Azatrol. It claims to make the Insects fail to mature and reproduce and say that many insects will not lay eggs on treated plant tissue either. Sounds to good to be true? Has anybody had experience with it? it is pretty expensive 16 oz. for $65

Latest posts

Top Bottom