Bug Zappers....any use?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I've got random bugs in here, nothing that I think is going to get cozy with my weed, but it shows that whatever I do to keep the fuckers out I can't...

So I bought one of these:

Zapper

I plan to try it in my flowering tent, on the same contacter/timer as the light...so that the UV doesn't muck up dark cycles.

Are they any good? Do they attract more than they kill? I've not read too much of farmers using them and wondered if there's a good reason why not?

P

ProGroWannabe

The only reason that I can think of for more farmers not using them is that some pests aren't attracted to them.

Either that, or the other farmers just haven't tried them---I know I haven't.....but I don't have any bugs at all either.

G

GrowTech

It will definitely kill gnats - 100% sure about that. The problem is, will gnats be attracted to them? I was thinking about purchasing one of these to keep on during the light cycle... Definitely would be interesting to see how it works.

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Couple that with some doktor doom bombs, fly traps and neem oil and you should be golden.

I've had white fly infestation towards harvest on my last grow and bought some doktor doom bombs off ebay, I have them on hand if those pests want to try & multiply this round.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I had one and used it in a veg room that was on 24/7. It wasnt much help but did knock down any moths or weird flying bugs. It was more of a waste of power than anything though. If you have odd bugs in your room it may be time to do a perimeter check for leaks.

Top Bottom