Bugs all over my grow box

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

I'm almost finished building my growbox that I made out of plywood and I'm noticing these very very tiny spiders all over it.

I spent all this money on wood and tools but now I'm afraid to put anything in there. Are bugs attracted to the smell of the wood or something? Is there anything that I can spray it with that will be safe?

D

djcronos

Neem Oil. I use Einstein Oil. I let the jar sit in hot water for a few minutes to loosen it up (it's pretty thick stuff, but it's pure 100% neem oil), then I put about 2-4 tablespoons into a spray bottle with water and a tiny tiny drop of Dawn Liquid Soap (it's supposed to allow the neem to cling to the plants).

Spray every 2-3 days for a week or two. What Neem Oil does is stop bugs from reproducing, so they die off and don't come back.

Google up on Neem Oil if you're skeptical, but it works on all harmful bugs, whether you spray it on plants or on your box.

I can't speak for what it will do to the wood though. It's not abrasive or anything like that, I just don't know much about wood and how it reacts to water, etc.

Someone else might be able to quote on that.

J

Jalisco Kid

Paint it white with mildewcide in it. The paint will seal the wood,make it easier to clean. JK

Top Bottom