Buildasoil vs FFOF Soil: Indoor Side By Side Organic Grow Review

• Thread starter Cityfarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Hey Organikz, I was wondering about cover crops and the role they're playing. About to go on the wagon and toss the bottles aside in my first organic grow (Like Cityfarmin, I'm using the Buildasoil method) I see the benefits of the cover crop and the role they play but I wasn't sure if one would see the benefits added to the soil in the first cycle? Is it better to plant a cover crop after a harvest or can one get away with starting both at the same time? If the "host" plant's canopy controls the growth of the cover then would that mean that it can negate the possibility of the cover crop taking more nutrients to the detriment of the host plant? Or do they all live together in blissful happiness? If so... That's pretty damn awe-inspiring... :)

-Edit- "X" amount of minutes later: I just saw Brazel's link to Mountain Organics.net Thank You Brazel and Organikz.. you both got me thinking and now Learning. Thank You!
Cover crops should be planted asap. They are key for building soil.

Rather you plant them at the beginning or after harvest their still starting at the same time. Their purpose is to improve soil structure and change organic elements to inorganic. They'll die off when canopy shadows them. At that point compost takes over. End of cycle you'll plant more.
Cover crops are traditionally used when you're in between growing your cash crop

Organikz

Organikz

Hey Organikz, I was wondering about cover crops and the role they're playing. About to go on the wagon and toss the bottles aside in my first organic grow (Like Cityfarmin, I'm using the Buildasoil method) I see the benefits of the cover crop and the role they play but I wasn't sure if one would see the benefits added to the soil in the first cycle? Is it better to plant a cover crop after a harvest or can one get away with starting both at the same time? If the "host" plant's canopy controls the growth of the cover then would that mean that it can negate the possibility of the cover crop taking more nutrients to the detriment of the host plant? Or do they all live together in blissful happiness? If so... That's pretty damn awe-inspiring... :)

-Edit- "X" amount of minutes later: I just saw Brazel's link to Mountain Organics.net Thank You Brazel and Organikz.. you both got me thinking and now Learning. Thank You!
@brazel answered and I will simply add that I observe plants thrive faster when planted among established cover crops. Could be the aerated soil or the microbial network that has already been put in place

brazel

brazel

@Jamescoleman This is a another good friend I told you about @Organikz
I believe you guys live close
Cheers

Organikz

Organikz

organic growing is little effort with a lot of return. I am just as guilty as the next guy of thinking organic growing was gross and may stink my house up. honestly it doesn't smell like anything. even standing in my grow room i smell less than i did with that old nasty fox farms crap.

20180102 090753
Top Bottom