building a clone/seedstart cab, bozo style.

• Thread starter justanotherbozo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...high folks, i thought i'd post up the details on how i repurposed a cheap piece of 'Dorm Furniture' i picked up at a local job lot store for $30.00 and turned it into my little clone/seedstart box.

...keep in mind i am no carpenter, just a dedicated stoner with an abiding need so think 'hack with a hammer' rather than trained woodworker, i DID take woodworking shop in highschool but that class was back in '68 i think so not much use today.

anyway, mostly this will be in pictures as i have a lot of them and they explain things way better than my words could do, 'a picture is worth...' and all that, ...feel free to ask question if you have any although i remind you that this is an old project that has been completed and been in operation for close to 3 years so suggestions would be just a little too little and a little too late, lol. ...btw, this cab turned out well and has functioned exactly as i designed it since i put it into operation so i am VERY pleased.

...and now the first few pics.

...back then i was running a high-density micro-SOG with 55x 1liter 'pots' of organic soil, that tall white container in the middle of that last pic is a painted SmartWater bottle.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...some of these pics are superflouous but i include them because i have them and because they do indeed help explain what i did.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...you'll notice here that part of what i did was to put an addition on the back, i wanted to be a bit deeper to fit my Walmart cloners.

020b

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...this next part is how i do the floors of all my cabs to make them water tight, ...the 'paint' it elastomeric which simply means it is rubberized. ...the fabric is just common landscapers cloth i picked up at a local job lot store for about $5.00 for a 4ft x 50ft roll, might even have been a 100ft roll, it's been so long since i bought it.

DSCI0245a

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...lol, sorry, i keep forgetting to finish posting up the pics, ...anyway, here's the last of the pics and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...btw, when i built this it turned out that i'd put the shelf high enough so the clones were too close to the light, fortunately for me, clones root VERY well with nothing more than the reflected light from the bulbs below which also provide warmth for the cloners and seedstarts above.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...the landscapers fabric is there mostly as a light and dust shield and isn't entirely necessary, ...i probably should have done a neater job on this part but i'm a lazy phuck by nature so 'good enough' was good enough, lol.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...anyway, that's the rest of the pics and this little cab ran 24/7 for almost 4 years before i recently had to give her a break until i can replace the pc fans, i guess they weren't built for this sort of thing, lol.

...i actually need to get her back in play very soon because i'm still expecting some new BOG gear so i need my seedstart box in working order.

peace, bozo

Top Bottom