building a new room , check out the progress and drop some advice

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

here is a before and after of my room , its 9x9 with 2" thick foam thats r5 . with plastic and sound proof insulation on celing with grow plastic and normal insulation on the walls .. except the end .. my room was 9 x 15 but i built a wall at 9 feet because i didnt want a bigger room yet .. I have 2 1000 w switchable ballist in there right now but am only running one till i get my veg room finished . I have a 8" vortex fan , im planning on installing this weeking with filter threw my light to the outside wall into the rest of my basement or to my duct work of my house for heat .. does this work and is it worth it ?

I need some help with planning the rest any ideas would be greatly appericated ...

Rsz img 0525

Building a new room  check out the progress and drop some advice 3

Building a new room  check out the progress and drop some advice 4

Building a new room  check out the progress and drop some advice 5

Rsz img 0527
A

ahumado

here is a before and after of my room , its 9x9 with 2" thick foam thats r5 . with plastic and sound proof insulation on celing with grow plastic and normal insulation on the walls .. except the end .. my room was 9 x 15 but i built a wall at 9 feet because i didnt want a bigger room yet .. I have 2 1000 w switchable ballist in there right now but am only running one till i get my veg room finished . I have a 8" vortex fan , im planning on installing this weeking with filter threw my light to the outside wall into the rest of my basement or to my duct work of my house for heat .. does this work and is it worth it ?

I need some help with planning the rest any ideas would be greatly appericated ...

View attachment 187874

View attachment 187876

View attachment 187877

View attachment 187878

Looks great. I use 2000w in a 4x8 space so I would use 4000w in your space. Good luck man cant wait to see your grow.
Peace

N

NBfrost

thanks man , appericate the good words . I just read the thread about the guys bulb blowing up and im alittle worried , i touched the side of my bulb with out wiping it .. "( and i dont want to wipe it till teh lights go out in 2.5 hours lol

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

My room is close to yours I run just a dust filter outside one end and just exhaust to the other end so it goes. Dust filter-> into the room to the hood->inline fan-> out of room. Heats the basement a little and keeps my veg tent perfect.

But temps are cold here if you above I would say 65 degrees exhaust into a different area of your home. I was fighting heat when my basement was at 65-70 temp

hiboy

hiboy

Hey NB
get some circ. fans in there to stir the air.. give them girls some movement to strengthen up them stalks..............
Also a scrubber would be kill
are u doing ok with humidity? Ur using a hps lamp now ,, are u in flower stage?
do u have fresh air intake? or running co2 cause u need one or the other

sides that bro ur looking cool
good luck.. new grow rooms are always fun
h

N

NBfrost

thanks all , i threw in a desktop fan atm and its working good , but last night it was -20c outside and when my lights came on this am my temp gague read 19c lol and my bags were cold .. so i bought a space heater thats thermistat controled to throw in it . its not sealed yet , but it will be and im going to add a passive intake ... im thinking that if im not running a sealed room could i just use a filter inside the room , then to my lights then my vortex 8" and out to my basement ? the only reason im using a hps bulb is because my mh was in my other shade and it was too hot to switch my too hoods are wired for different ballists .. I am still planning on hooking up my electrical box this weekend hiboy , can i pm you if i have any issues ? I was also thinking of using a screen door with reflective plastic on it for my door , with 1 inch thick foam lined all around it and a hook with a turnbuckle to keep it tight against the frame ? think it willwork ? whats the best way to purchase co2 without raising any suspition ? I live in the north , not as free up here are it is in the states

hiboy

hiboy

Hey NB,
post here,, i put a link, any electrical stuff i can help u thru

Im trying to catch cannabis john
lol
h

N

NBfrost

lol cool man , you gave me some advice last week about a 60amp sup pannel .. any thoughts on hooking up a baseboard heater but the only problume is that my thermostate is in the middle of my basement ..

hiboy

hiboy

Does the thermostat operate your house air or heat .. so your worried about the new heater spot gettin too hot? and the T stat not reading it there?
h

N

NBfrost

yeah exactly , i un hooked the baseboard heater to finish the room so the wires that are there now can i hook a thermostat to that then to the heater ? if you look in the very first pic with the chair you can see the 3 wires in the corner , red black and bare ...

hiboy

hiboy

couldnt see the wires in the pic.. to small
but are the wires high volt that go to a breaker or they go to the t stat?
h

N

NBfrost

they go to the t stat and then to the breaker , its 220v 110 on each leg

hiboy

hiboy

ah ok
ive installed those before.
IF you want to relocate your t stat to that room or at least closer to where the heater is,
A. intall box at existing t stat location if not already there, and wire nut the incoming wires,, the hot ones, to the ones that are the load....which go to the wires hanging out of the wall. Put a blank cover on that j box so noone grabs them,,
Now for the wires in your first pic you can
a. install the t stat where the wires are at
b. extend them to another location and install your t stat there
Then hook up the same style wire to the heater, from your t stat that u recently installed
h

N

NBfrost

thanks hiboy I will post a pic after im done in the am , i appericate the help .. ill probally have to use a junction box in the room too eh ?

hiboy

hiboy

thanks hiboy I will post a pic after im done in the am , i appericate the help .. ill probally have to use a junction box in the room too eh ?

Hey
For safety its wise to use a j box, incase a connection comes loose and it sparks out, main reason. You can flush mount it in the wall or just surface mount it if ya dont care about seeing it.
h

N

NBfrost

just finished it up i take a pic in the am and post it .. im beat from all the construction been going on today

hiboy

hiboy

Getter done bro. Nothings finer than seeing ur kewl room posted In a thread
H

Latest posts

Top Bottom