Building my 3rd hydro setup, top feed suggestions?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Started with dwc, now I run a bottom feed rdwc. Was contemplating running a top feed rdwc but I notice with my dwc once the water level drops, and theres root mass, the roots that have air access look so much better than the roots that have been sitting in the water. Obviously this makes me realize how well aero works, but I dont want to mess with nozzles. I also dont use a chiller, and will be using HIDS. I am wanting to limit the amount of water in the tent, again this points me to aeroponics :(, in which I dont want to do right now. My questions is regarding NFT and drip systems. If I just use pvc in a tent or some sort of piping that drips down the roots and flows out. I want a large flow rate, not nft slow flow rate that i think ive seen. I have seen plenty of drip systems.

I guess since this is my layout, what top feed should I do. I also have no idea how many plants I should grow in each 4x4? Was contemplating one tent with 1, and the other tent with 4. Obviously it wont look like that in the picture.

Untitled
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Prolly just gonna go top feed rdwc. 4- 5 gallon square pots. Half inch inlets at the top of all 4 buckets, 3inch bulkhead at the bottom of all buckets.

Idk it just seems that drip or aero will be just as tedious. I'm looking for something that can last 3 days without me doing anything to it.

Contemplating doing 1 plant in one of the 4x4s. Try to grow king Kong lol.. And then obviously 4 in the other.

Any suggesting on a 2 part liquid nutrient that won't need calmag?

This flora grow series combined with calmag is tedious.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'm returning the 1 inch bulkheads. My 1/2 infeed line will pour on top of the starting rockwools.

I don't think the water will be so agressive that it will hurt the stalk of the seedlings. Only one way to find out lol..

More like a pour instead of a drip

Top Bottom