Building of my place... slowly...

• Thread starter karolanne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
karolanne

karolanne

Hey folks,

This is the beggining of my installation. Any comment or advice? I still have the lights to install, but they are very heavy. I'm not sure yet how I'll be able to do that.

I heard bad reviews about clip-on oscillating fans. Those are new on the market, so I'm gonna test it and let you know.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Comment: That's a big, fucking tent.

Advice: Get those pulley grow light hangers. Lay your light on the floor, below where you intend to hang it. Then attach the hangers. Slowly raise the light, about a foot at a time, on one side, then the other. If you still can't lift it, you might have to ad a loop to the pulley system.

karolanne

karolanne

Comment: That's a big, fucking tent.

Advice: Get those pulley grow light hangers. Lay your light on the floor, below where you intend to hang it. Then attach the hangers. Slowly raise the light, about a foot at a time, on one side, then the other. If you still can't lift it, you might have to ad a loop to the pulley system.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking about the light. But I don't think the pulley hanger is long enough to reach the floor. I'll do as you say if not.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey, when hanging these from the tent, make sure you attach the actual clip with the rachet/pulley to the light and the small, simple carabiner to tye top of the tent. This way when you raise the light, you pull up on the rope. Instead of pulling down. when growing in a tent, having to pull down on the rooe to raise the light puts a lot of stress on the cross bars and in a lotof cases the tent isnt made for that..

Oh and come on K, if the rope is too short to reach the floor, then put a chair or some buckets or whatever in the tent to set the light on, then you dont have to lift it as far. maybe even ask that raw chicken of yours to hold it for you??😂

FourPlants

FourPlants

Looks good. Did you keep the big plastic bag the carbon filter came in? If so, I would maybe consider putting it back into the bag and sealing until you get closer to needing it as this should help reduce the amount of moisture the carbon absorbs prolonging the life.

karolanne

karolanne

Hey, when hanging these from the tent, make sure you attach the actual clip with the rachet/pulley to the light and the small, simple carabiner to tye top of the tent. This way when you raise the light, you pull up on the rope. Instead of pulling down. when growing in a tent, having to pull down on the rooe to raise the light puts a lot of stress on the cross bars and in a lotof cases the tent isnt made for that..

Oh and come on K, if the rope is too short to reach the floor, then put a chair or some buckets or whatever in the tent to set the light on, then you dont have to lift it as far. maybe even ask that raw chicken of yours to hold it for you??😂
I'm very dummy. 🤣 manual works, geometry and me are not friends. But no need for a chair or a raw chicken, the rope was long enough 😂

karolanne

karolanne

Looks good. Did you keep the big plastic bag the carbon filter came in? If so, I would maybe consider putting it back into the bag and sealing until you get closer to needing it as this should help reduce the amount of moisture the carbon absorbs prolonging the life.
Thanks for the tip. :)

Top Bottom