2. How old are your plants? 3-4 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 8"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 4'x4'x4'
5. What is your soil mix? roots organics
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? when dry r/o water
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.3
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? none yet
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Not this plant
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") under 150w floro
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 6-8"
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3-4' just sitting in kitchen right now. temporary until more developed.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 72-75f 30%rh
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.5
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Gnats in other space. None here.
16. How much experience do you have growing? few years

Have not grown from seed in a long long time. I got a few plants I started from seed that may have had gnats. Appear to have gotten rid of the gnat adults and treated the soil.

2super silver haze f2 and 1 herijuana are showing bumps on the stem. Should I be concerned? Anyone seen this before? 1 got 2 herijuana to pop one has the bumps one does not. Both ssh have the bumps. There plants have been in a seperate area. All other clones in other locations do not have any bumps on the stems. Edit/Update: After checking other genetics. Mature plants with woody stems do have bumps.

pic of the stem
stem.jpg

Thanks for your time

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

i dont really kknow what that might be but just spoted this on a couple of the ones that are outside in cups . what are the leaf colors on them ?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
i dont really kknow what that might be but just spoted this on a couple of the ones that are outside in cups . what are the leaf colors on them ?

Thanks or responding. After thinking about it more, I think it may be a false alarm. Maybe was being too paranoid and posted too soon. But better safe than sorry. Had just noticed it and did not seeing any bump on another plants from seed. Just realized that one is more stunted so may not be at the woody stage yet.

I just got over a war on the borg (I hope it is over...) so I am being paranoid.

Leaves are Lime green. Just got back from checking my other other strains to see if there is any bumps. Good news, There are bumps some of the moms w woody stalks.
But after looking at my other plants. Looks like once the stems gets harder that it is normal to have some bumps on the woody areas of the stems

These bumps looked "different" but make sense now because the plants are young.

Since they are new plants from seed this is maybe normal with plants from seed?
MOst of my experience is growing from clones.

So maybe an explanation is the woody stage happens later with clones. I notice the stems were very "noodly" and now the plants can stand on there own. Maybe just a step in the maturing process I am not used to seeing in plants from seed?

Hopin for that healthy Herijuana female. Been waiting a very long time and do not want to screw it up.

S

StealthBomb

looks totally normal to me. just the stem starting to harden off. hope the reply just makes you more comfortable

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
your good leadsled!

Bumps are below first set of leaves, no bumps above. It is usually always that way when you pop beans bro. Get more packs and pop more beans man!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
your good leadsled!

Bumps are below first set of leaves, no bumps above. It is usually always that way when you pop beans bro. Get more packs and pop more beans man!

Thanks, I am rookie when it comes to beans.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My understanding and experience is that the bumps on the main stem below the first node are root nodes (i just made that term up...) If upon transplant in soil you bury the stem up to the first node, those bumps produce roots. I am positive that when they're white, that's what they are. You can see the same thing on tomatoes...
If you're really concerned with those bumps, you might give the girls some ProActiv...LOL! Peace

B

bobby-o

YUP EXACTLY roots grow from those. Those form especially when the humidity is higher.

420Gator

420Gator

i could be wrong but i believe those are bundle scars, places on the stem where transpiration occur, like the stomata on a leaf

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
proactiv!! lol. Thanks everyone. Going to transplant them today. Will bury the stem to help produce more root. Most important point is that there is nothing wrong. I recently read about gnats larvae infesting the main stem. I was imagining the worst, still traumitized from the borg war..

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was imagining the worst, still traumitized from the borg war..

Critters that small that cause that much damage (and are that hard to get rid of) are the things that keep me up at night, quivering in the corner... no wait, that was the sativa bho... :speechless

B

BuBBleboy

the only pest it could be is a stem canker
"Symptoms / Characteristics:
Cankers are dead or diseased areas on stems and branches of trees and shrubs and are usually seen as sunken lesions on woody tissue. Cankers are caused by a number of pathogens including bacteria, fungi and frost, which attack a wide range of plants, and symptoms vary from one host to another."

my girls had them when they had a really bad blight/P.M. problem at my last run.... but you are look good like everyone else says... and as long as they don't lesion, and you see no fungus of any kind (rust,blight,seporia,PM,DM,ectectect...) you are totally good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom