Burn and decoloration problems, please help!

• Thread starter logurita
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

logurita

Hi everyone. Nice to be part of that community. I was learning a lot about growing, and i really love it. Nature is most interesting thing.

I want to share with you, some problems i'm facing right now. My amnesia haze auto started flowering few days ago. I'm facing some burns in leaves since early growing period. At start doesn't seem to be a problem, just bit of burns, like done by air friction (here is very windy). But now i think it could be other kind of problem. I spread calcium to leaves, but problem keep going forward. Could it be stress by bending main stem?

Old leaves are decoloring, i think it's getting out of nitrogen, but i don't want to add more, because i don't want a big plant, i know it will keep growing more, so i prefer to stop it a bit.

I attach a video to represent my problems. Thank you a lot

L

logurita

I've taken some photos. I have 1.5ec in my soil at the bottom, it is my own compost that I have mixed with perlite and natural black peat. It may not have as much nitrogen as a commercial soil, the pot is 12 liters and very vertical.

WhatsApp Image 2022 06 20 at 33858 PM
WhatsApp Image 2022 06 20 at 33859 PM 1
WhatsApp Image 2022 06 20 at 33859 PM
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hi everyone. Nice to be part of that community. I was learning a lot about growing, and i really love it. Nature is most interesting thing.

I want to share with you, some problems i'm facing right now. My amnesia haze auto started flowering few days ago. I'm facing some burns in leaves since early growing period. At start doesn't seem to be a problem, just bit of burns, like done by air friction (here is very windy). But now i think it could be other kind of problem. I spread calcium to leaves, but problem keep going forward. Could it be stress by bending main stem?

Old leaves are decoloring, i think it's getting out of nitrogen, but i don't want to add more, because i don't want a big plant, i know it will keep growing more, so i prefer to stop it a bit.

I attach a video to represent my problems. Thank you a lot
You can keep your plant as little as youd like by pruning and bending. You should be using some form of nitro at least until flower even then it's OK in small amounts. Try "superthrive"

L

logurita

Perhaps the pH was somewhat low, about 5, and I corrected it and gave him calcium and magnesium. So seems the discoloration hasn't continued. However, those small spots continue to appear on the new leaves. They look like small wounds or tears at first, and then turn yellow as seen in the photo. Now I am giving it potassium because it is already blooming. Plastic bag is to block sun rays, because my pot is transparent, it's my way to check humidity in soil, and create a handmade pot very vertical.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Perhaps the pH was somewhat low, about 5, and I corrected it and gave him calcium and magnesium. So seems the discoloration hasn't continued. However, those small spots continue to appear on the new leaves. They look like small wounds or tears at first, and then turn yellow as seen in the photo. Now I am giving it potassium because it is already blooming. Plastic bag is to block sun rays, because my pot is transparent, it's my way to check humidity in soil, and create a handmade pot very vertical.
And possibly kill everything in it including the plant. You want that moisture leaving the soil thats what pull o2 in…. Not to mention its like a magnet for heat.
I highly doubt you have nutrient input issues

Last edited:
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Once you water in your plant you will have an idea of what a fully watered plant weighs when you gently pick up the plant.
And it's good to let them go dry for a day or 2.

L

logurita

Nice points guys! That's true. Weight is a very good indicative of soil moisture. About that plastic bag, it's not touching pot, so i think it doesn't keep so much heat. I like to give less water possible to plant, because i think, i will get less flowers but more concentrated. I could see root colonization and now plant is ready to get huge amount of water without problem, so i'm trying to use less water possible without weak symptoms. My ec keeps at 1.5 for now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice points guys! That's true. Weight is a very good indicative of soil moisture. About that plastic bag, it's not touching pot, so i think it doesn't keep so much heat. I like to give less water possible to plant, because i think, i will get less flowers but more concentrated. I could see root colonization and now plant is ready to get huge amount of water without problem, so i'm trying to use less water possible without weak symptoms. My ec keeps at 1.5 for now.
I dont think you understand root respiration. But not my grow so not my place

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I’m worried about this with using plastic bags

But figured it’ll be ok if I poke a bunch of small holes

Cheap

20bags for 3$ Is why

But I see other commercials using grow bag so
Plastic grow bags? Id also worry about the possibility of chemicals and fumes but thats just me

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are trash bags lol

Thanks so maybe don’t use them?
Yeah I wouldn’t any gas exchange you can get with the media will help improve growth rates, microbe health and population and overall plant health.

Plants as well as soil microbes are also aerobic and consume o2 and release co2. Trapping that will lead to low o2 and higher co2. Co2 will form carbonic acid in the presence of water at equilibrium so as the co2 increases so does the carbonic acid…. And thats what causes the ph to plummet and wipe out your microbes and fuck with your nutrient uptake.

Thats not to say your will absolutely kill your plants but that is a possibility dependent on thise factors

This is why aeroponic grows the fastest (highest availability to o2) and dense soil the slowest (lowest availability to o2 and gas exchange at the roots)

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah I wouldn’t any gas exchange you can get with the media will help improve growth rates, microbe health and population and overall plant health.

Plants as well as soil microbes are also aerobic and consume o2 and release co2. Trapping that will lead to low o2 and higher co2. Co2 will form carbonic acid in the presence of water at equilibrium so as the co2 increases so does the carbonic acid…. And thats what causes the ph to plummet and wipe out your microbes and fuck with your nutrient uptake.

Thats not to say your will absolutely kill your plants but that is a possibility dependent on thise factors

This is why aeroponic grows the fastest (highest availability to o2) and dense soil the slowest (lowest availability to o2 and gas exchange at the roots)
Heard, thanks man.
I’ll either just use some fabric pots or look for another alternative

Or just get my aero setup.

Observationist

Observationist

Proper root zone parameters seem to be one of the biggest factors in growing, like o2 as you mentioned.

Especially seeing the difference from soil to coco to aero, dwc.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Light burn is sometimes misdiagnosed as a nitrogen deficit, which results in drooping yellow leaves. As a result, leaves fall off on their own, whereas light-burned leaves are difficult to remove. It starts at the bottom and works its way up, whereas mild burn is generally harsher at the top. If your marijuana plants are getting too much light, try removing some of the lights or shifting your grow lights away from the plants' tops. If you can't shift the light, bend your plants over so the tops are farther away, or if your plant is still in the vegetative stage, try clipping off the top to reduce part of that height.
Light burn is at the too N deficiency is at the bottom

Top Bottom