Burned sulfur and still see PM

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geralds

geralds

Hey guys,

So I’m having an issue with PM for the second crop in a row. The strain is Stardawg and I’ve read that Chemdog which is a parent of Stardawg is very susceptible to pm. I’ve sprayed once a week in veg for preventative. My temps and humidity are in line I believe. 75-78 day and night. 35-45 RH day 40-45 RH at night. I have fans ALL over the place, above canopy and below. I just don’t know what else to do. However I do have plants very close to one another setup inside a 10x10 tent with trellis. Which is where I believe the problem lies.

With that said I’ve done two sulfur burns at week 6 into flowering. I know this may be risky but this is what I’ve decided to do. I realize some people say they’ve burned it 10 days from flower with no affect on smell or taste, and then there’s other who say it does. But last time I had PM it ruined almost my entire crop so I’m taking my chances. BUT... I’ve done two burns at an hour a piece two days apart and I still see this shit here and there. What gives? Do I need to burn longer? I’m approaching week 7 of a 10 week strain. But they’re looking like they’ll be done in 8.5-9.
Should I chop a few branches off to get more air flow between them? Or start flushing now? Please help I’m desperate. What an awful fungus

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Chances are your buds will taste like utter ASS from the sulfer. If you make an extract from the trim, PLEASE inform the extractor you burned sulfer. He will need to utilize copper scrubbies to negate the sulfer.

Get a better handle on your environment ASAP!!

Sodium bicarbonate works for PM in flower. As does green cure iirc.

geralds

geralds

Ok thanks for input. Are you speaking from personal experience or just know someone who has had that happen?

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

10yrs of personal experience reading on forums what happens to those who do burn in flower. Also I've extracted 40# of material they burned in flower. I 100000% want to bash their FN head in. I had to remediate 50 gallons of ethanol and had a nightmare time extracting it to rid the nasty sulfur smell and taste.

I've never had PM, bit have read plenty about it

geralds

geralds

Ok sounds like you know your stuff. Well I’m just to keep my fingers crossed and hope two more weeks the smell will magically go away

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
From someone who's actually done it, a couple times, I can tell you it wont affect flavour unless you are doing long burns in the last couple weeks. And by that I mean in excess of 2 hrs. Some fools burn for like 5 hrs in the last week and then yeah, itll taste like sulphur. Short puffs for an hour or less and no sulphur at least 10 days from chop and the plant will process the sulphur. You wont detect a trace. If anything, the times I've done it it's actually increased terpenes noticably. And I extract a lot, my sulphured crops always produce a clean extract, you just cant be a fool and do long ass burns in the last week.

You wont make PM go away with burns though, just keeps it from spreading. you need to physically remove the infected leaves.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Hey guys,

So I’m having an issue with PM for the second crop in a row. The strain is Stardawg and I’ve read that Chemdog which is a parent of Stardawg is very susceptible to pm. I’ve sprayed once a week in veg for preventative. My temps and humidity are in line I believe. 75-78 day and night. 35-45 RH day 40-45 RH at night. I have fans ALL over the place, above canopy and below. I just don’t know what else to do. However I do have plants very close to one another setup inside a 10x10 tent with trellis. Which is where I believe the problem lies.

With that said I’ve done two sulfur burns at week 6 into flowering. I know this may be risky but this is what I’ve decided to do. I realize some people say they’ve burned it 10 days from flower with no affect on smell or taste, and then there’s other who say it does. But last time I had PM it ruined almost my entire crop so I’m taking my chances. BUT... I’ve done two burns at an hour a piece two days apart and I still see this shit here and there. What gives? Do I need to burn longer? I’m approaching week 7 of a 10 week strain. But they’re looking like they’ll be done in 8.5-9.
Should I chop a few branches off to get more air flow between them? Or start flushing now? Please help I’m desperate. What an awful fungus
that's fargin schnutz, with the climate u maintain. isn't pm (I've fought the good fight, like EVERYONE else & xwife killin co2 levels, were unreliable, contrary to the book/s) a spore based nightmare? that being said, i didn't use hvac, beyond fans, when i battled attrition. if that's the case... slash n burn prefilters, Australia's best virgins n flamdme thrower the fans? surely, they have a temp at which no life can survive n perhaps it's a doable one? douche down entire teepee, with bleach, like u n ur besty fear hepatitis and std clinic, bench seating? i mean, seriously... 45, is bone... got any hair left?
there's a book, marijuana garden saver, by jc stitch, with an entire page, of remedies. i didn't catch up. I'll freak, if i do so... all i got. u still struggle, tomorrow n nobody follows with free pdf link, I'll do a photo shoot, of the remedy n prevention page... for u, if I'm chill.

um... i stall my clones n say, "hmmm...", over, "that salt buildup, cause it looks like p.m."... still xfer em... i figure - where go i... one has herpes, the all do n they outgrow it, in the right environs, whether pm, or salt. no issues, nor neem, bicarb/whatever. luck, r salt: couldn't say, but the former, is unlikely, lest it b bad luck...

YouTube see cervantes n pigeons420, for varied, budwashin, techniques...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

From someone who's actually done it, a couple times, I can tell you it wont affect flavour unless you are doing long burns in the last couple weeks. And by that I mean in excess of 2 hrs. Some fools burn for like 5 hrs in the last week and then yeah, itll taste like sulphur. Short puffs for an hour or less and no sulphur at least 10 days from chop and the plant will process the sulphur. You wont detect a trace. If anything, the times I've done it it's actually increased terpenes noticably. And I extract a lot, my sulphured crops always produce a clean extract, you just cant be a fool and do long ass burns in the last week.

You wont make PM go away with burns though, just keeps it from spreading. you need to physically remove the infected leaves.
Agree and although I've never burned for wpm I have controlled septoria with it, and I never noticed any taste on the bud

I burn initially for 1 hour, 3 days in a row and then 3 days later I burn for 1 hour, then after that once a week until septoria is eliminated; I would use the same cycle for wpm

Upon harvest I recommend you look up bud washing by Cervantes, I always wash when spraying or burning anything on a flowering plant, this is what's worked for me, good luck

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

10yrs of personal experience reading on forums what happens to those who do burn in flower. Also I've extracted 40# of material they burned in flower. I 100000% want to bash their FN head in. I had to remediate 50 gallons of ethanol and had a nightmare time extracting it to rid the nasty sulfur smell and taste.

I've never had PM, bit have read plenty about it
fuc

i couldn't even quantify the pricetag for that mucho 190 undenatured n holly cams ;P.
brave... but now, significantly poorer, soul. i was concerned he might wanna duck n cover... after one of those questions...

what's the word I'm looking for? magnanimous?

very cool... admirable.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Agree and although I've never burned for wpm I have controlled septoria with it, and I never noticed any taste on the bud

I burn initially for 1 hour, 3 days in a row and then 3 days later I burn for 1 hour, then after that once a week until septoria is eliminated; I would use the same cycle for wpm

Upon harvest I recommend you look up bud washing by Cervantes, I always wash when spraying or burning anything on a flowering plant, this is what's worked for me, good luck
when u guys do, as u suggest... and I've not needed the remedy n a bit n never used a successful one, myself... n not ur method... he's washing it off, when u guys say an hr... right? and um... then might u mention, overdrench/rinse? and uh... if so... that runoff n the medium, on its side? i dunno what he knows, yet. ummm... and sunburn vs drivin up rh... ummm... do in light, darkness, or dimmed? that uhh... rh... any recommends for him cause 45... pretty low, already. ummm... tryin to storm... he kills it, it's still same climate so... lower lights, add diox? temp gonna matter? lst issues? not bleach close, just changing; parameters...?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
when u guys do, as u suggest... and I've not needed the remedy n a bit n never used a successful one, myself... n not ur method... he's washing it off, when u guys say an hr... right? and um... then might u mention, overdrench/rinse? and uh... if so... that runoff n the medium, on its side? i dunno what he knows, yet. ummm... and sunburn vs drivin up rh... ummm... do in light, darkness, or dimmed? that uhh... rh... any recommends for him cause 45... pretty low, already. ummm... tryin to storm... he kills it, it's still same climate so... lower lights, add diox? temp gonna matter? lst issues? not bleach close, just changing; parameters...?

Forgive me if Im off base here, I sometimes have trouble deciphering your posts lol, but are you asking do you spray plants down after a sulphur burn and will it affect the media?
If so, I never spray my plants in flower, and for sure not after a burn. I want that sulphur to stay put as long as it can. Usually has an effective anti mildew time frame of 5 days before its absorbed translaminarly into the leaf and processed/broken down via metabolic pathways.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm out. I'll freak. ur n better hands than mine

it's a common enough, problem.
a way u could return garden savin fav to the 30+ yrs of oops experience, n the room... might b to pay it fwd with a grow journal, aqui, n perhaps have pics n answers to help those who follow n share your nightmare.
u in a great place.
i came to impose n force my will, upon unsuspecting, innocents and have actually learned more, for myself, in a myriad of mediums, than i brought to the table, to begin with and ummm... I've learned more, in maybe 3months-ish, on peer sites, than decades n intermittent, growing & a sml stack, of books and a few minutes, researching, on the web.

the peeps r intelligent, tolerant, patient, knowledgeable, humorous/clever... n mostly hot n single, with a grip of naked, green, chick pics... and the knowledge, is current vs ed's, in depth lumens, kelvins n ummm... trash to stash that saw more of the 60s, than i did...

20200123 220117
20200123 220138
20200123 220147
20200123 220155
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Forgive me if I off base here, I sometimes have trouble deciphering your posts lol, but are you asking g do you spray plants down after a sulphur burn and will it affect the media?
If so, I never spray my plants in flower, and for sure not after a burn. I want that sulphur to stay put as long as it can. Usually has an effective anti mildew time frame of 5 days before its absorbed translaminarly into the leaf and processed/broken down via metabolic pathways.
exactly. I'm not familiar, with the method n just wanted to clarify, for the inquisitor... things, still easily, oops'd, or misunderstood.
how bout, once he solves it- any recommends to keep history from repeating itself? you've suggested the rid, but not nutshavin techniques, to keep his crabs, from returning to the bigtop.

ok... i c it to. my bad. back n my corner.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
exactly. I'm not familiar, with the method n just wanted to clarify, for the inquisitor... things, still easily, oops'd, or misunderstood.
how bout, once he solves it- any recommends to keep history from repeating itself? you've suggested the rid, but not nutshavin techniques, to keep his crabs, from returning to the bigtop.

ok... i c it to. my bad. back n my corner.

You can rid genetics of PM by suppressing it over several generations.

By burning sulphur every 5 days for 3 crops straight I eliminated it from my genetics so that I no longer need to burn sulphur in flower. It's gone. But i still burn in Veg as a preventative. You just need to suppress it long enough that it never has a chance to produce spores over several crop cycles. Besides that, for the extremely deadly strains of PM like we have in the PNW the only thing that will rid genetics of PM is eagle 20 or Nova 40. And even though there is a safe way to use those products, I prefer not to. Sulphur used properly is easily processed by the plant and almost completely eliminated by harvest time.

Havocsm1

Havocsm1

Hey guys,

Sierra Natural Science has some good organic pesticides. They'll even give you a free sample and this:

IMG 20200123 160902521
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
You should be spraying micronized sulfur instead of burning it. Use sulfur ONLY in veg. Never ever in flower. Also grab yourself some ProKure fast release gas to clean your flower with in between runs.

Another thing to remember when using micronized sulfur is to not spray any oils for 7-10 days after. You will burn the shit out of your plants. Look at Microthial Disperss for the best micronized sulfur on the market. You're welcome.

geralds

geralds

Just a update on this past grow where I did the sulfur burn twice for 2 hours in week 5 and 6 of flower. The buds came out fantastic! I was able to keep the mildew at bay until I harvested. The final products had absolutely zero sulfur smell or taste. In fact a few people texted me and gave kudos on the taste saying it was a 10 out of 10. However do note that I was running 4 double ended 1000w lights with c02 running upwards of 83 degrees, so the plants were metabolizing very quickly. Just my two cents
Chances are your buds will taste like utter ASS from the sulfer. If you make an extract from the trim, PLEASE inform the extractor you burned sulfer. He will need to utilize copper scrubbies to negate the sulfer.

Get a better handle on your environment ASAP!!

Sodium bicarbonate works for PM in flower. As does green cure iirc.

A614CCEC C3FD 431E B323 16BF68B513BF
105F9DA5 FF6D 40BD 9AF0 5B9174252AF6
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

So you think micronized sulfur sprayed at week 2-3 when the little budlets are just forming and there is another 6-7 weeks left is O.K. to not get Sulfur residue?

Top Bottom