BurnzYz new Purple Chocolate 🍫 grow

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Also gotta keep the ph pens upright. I hang mine from a screw in the wall. But kept upright with storage solution and fresh batteries, theyll last a long time.
God I’m such a lazy fuck hahahha I throw my shit down and run to water. Thanks for the tips. When i invest in a pricey one I think I’ll take more care of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Appreciate you. Hey now that I have you in here. Day 6 flower, can I defoliate a bit? Or to early. They responded well to topping before flower with no stress
Honestly in hydro and coco I see no ill effects of doing so... maybe like 1 hr of fuck you then they are right back at making jungles. So IMO I dont think its going to hurt if ya pull some as long as its not a molestation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also gotta keep the ph pens upright. I hang mine from a screw in the wall. But kept upright with storage solution and fresh batteries, theyll last a long time.
Yup thats why I like the glass with it in there... made it easy to just plunk it in there like a toothbrush holder. My bluelab i lean against the wall :/ wish the made them stand upright like my tds meter that doesn't need to lol.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I make my own storage solution just using potassium chloride and distilled water. Dissolve as much as possible and use it as a storage solution. The blue labs have a sponge in them you keep wet. I rinse mine and add storage solution as needed. Since the salt can dry on it a bit.

Can also do it the lazy way like I did with my other meter. Just make a glass and drop it in there after done. Its so cheap and easy you can make a new glass each week or 2 as needed. The KCL solution will greatly increase probe life.
Thanks! Great to know. I'm almost out of storage solution. Do you know if the pH of the storage solution makes a difference? Ironically, I don't have enough left to be able to check the pH of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks! Great to know. I'm almost out of storage solution. Do you know if the pH of the storage solution makes a difference? Ironically, I don't have enough left to be able to check the pH of it.
Not as far as I know. I have seen ppl add kcl to ph 4 or 7 test solution and use that. The reason for doing this is to prevent the leeching of ions from the probe. If you store it in less saline solution thats exactly what can happen and why they all say do not store in distilled water.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Question, where we're on the topic. I always keep the cap in the bluelab probe half full of storage solution and just re-use it everyday for a week or so. Is this ok? Also is it ok to use the probe directly after being in the sodium chloride? or should it be rinsed before use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Question, where we're on the topic. I always keep the cap in the bluelab probe half full of storage solution and just re-use it everyday for a week or so. Is this ok? Also is it ok to use the probe directly after being in the sodium chloride? or should it be rinsed before use.
If you buy the solution it comes with a preservative to prevent any growth of bacteria or mold etc. So no worries about storing it for a long time in the same solution.

If you are using it in a large volume then I never bother rinsing but if you took a small sample to test then I would maybe give it a fast rinse.

With the DIY solution you can add a preservative or just make it every couple weeks. A pound of kcl is under $10 and it takes like 10grams to make 100ml of solution. For me I just toss it and make new stuff as needed.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

If you buy the solution it comes with a preservative to prevent any growth of bacteria or mold etc. So no worries about storing it for a long time in the same solution.

If you are using it in a large volume then I never bother rinsing but if you took a small sample to test then I would maybe give it a fast rinse.

With the DIY solution you can add a preservative or just make it every couple weeks. A pound of kcl is under $10 and it takes like 10grams to make 100ml of solution. For me I just toss it and make new stuff as needed.
10g kcl into 100ml of tap water? simple as that? shit no more wasting money on storage solution.

Madmax

Madmax

Ive used rain water in my soil blu lab holder for 3yrs and she works good lol.i was using kcl solution but kept losing solution out of the holder 😞 all i have to worry bout is it drying out..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive used rain water in my soil blu lab holder for 3yrs and she works good lol.i was using kcl solution but kept losing solution out of the holder 😞 all i have to worry bout is it drying out..
I wouldn't use rain water. Full of bacteria and spores plus not much different than distilled or RO. Very little salinity and that will leach ions.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Damn that’s a great idea. Thanks for that info.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

1 week down. Both lights @ 75%. Plants are eating it up. Mid week they should be through the second trellis. Upped feeding to 2.1ec @ 6 pH. This will continue all week.

Damn Burnz really looking nice buddy. I haven't forgotten your FPOG seeds yet either mane...I just have been coveting that last little nug I have so I haven't checked it for any more seeds yet.

Merry Christmas to the Burnz's from me and my demons!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Damn Burnz really looking nice buddy. I haven't forgotten your FPOG seeds yet either mane...I just have been coveting that last little nug I have so I haven't checked it for any more seeds yet.

Merry Christmas to the Burnz's from me and my demons!
No rush brother.. I got beans comin out my ears lol, but yes, I’d like em sooner or later for the vault! You’ll forever have a spot in the garden haha. Thanks brother and happy new year to you and yours as well.

Top Bottom