Burping in Mason Jars Help???

• Thread starter WildCajun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WildCajun

THC , I have 15 masons jars with different amount of weed in them curing i have super skunk and Critical ,and Purple Erkel I use different hydro meters that go inside the jars and Monitor the humidity in the jars ,I was opening the jars every 12 hours for four hours till 70% was reached ,noow i am burping less every 2-3 days for an hour or two trying to reach 62% and maintain that level have been burping now 1 month .Has anyone used these gauges like this before and am i trying to reach the right RH% Thanks Happy Farming ,Cajun:help:

HipsterDoodus

HipsterDoodus

I use the same gauge as your black one in the middle and go by the following:

Stoned4daze61 said:
+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Before jarring, did you let it dry? If so , how & how long? As they need to dry before going in the jars.

K

kolah

The title reads "burping in mason jars."

I never burp in my mason jars...it might stink up the weed.

T

TreFarmer

The title reads "burping in mason jars."

I never burp in my mason jars...it might stink up the weed.

Smart ass!!.. you beat me to it, ahahah!

Good info in that post from stoned4daze! Thanks Doodus!

W

WildCajun

I hung the buds on a striing in a dry room for 4 days before the jars
i did have a mold problem on the purple erkel should have let it hand another 2 days learn from mistakes ,will use that bud for bubble has ,it has dried very well since the mold was seen ,now hardley any is seen but i know it is there ,i wont smoke it ,may make oil ??

Blaze

Blaze

If it is taking that long they were too wet when they went in the jars. Opening them just for a minute or two is not enough, you need to let them air a bit if they are that wet.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yep I like to dump mine out of the jar (or bucket) onto a screen and leave em for a few hours. each day for the 1st few days...

I aint got no fancy meters :(

D

dank_

From what little I see, it looks like you are not drying enough before you put into the jars.
Harvested cannabis flowers in their perfect state should be dry - but not BONE DRY.

Enough of my talk - just read this:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good link Dank

I say, It should be Leathery dry like A good Beef jerky LOL :)

Top Bottom