Bushy Canopy Probs Need Advice

• Thread starter Stoneherboneher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stoneherboneher

Stoneherboneher

Hey guys on my second outdoor home organic grow here in Oregon. I opted not to trim lower foliage on my plants to avoid stressing them out, but fear that due to my climate mold and mildew may be an issue although have so far avoided it with silica as a foliar, aloe Vera, compost teas and grow safe. Plants are near flowering and the canopy is dense because I lst them when they were young. Is it too late to prune? Should I just ride it out to avoid stressing them out?

Bushy canopy probs need advice
Bushy canopy probs need advice 2
Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

They look awesome! I’m no expert, but I’d say pruning isn’t going to stress them out all that much, especially with plants that size. I’ve seen folks prune plants that size dozens of times throughout vegetation. Probably would be good to clean them up before they hit flower, and thin out the bottom.

Stoneherboneher

Stoneherboneher

They look awesome! I’m no expert, but I’d say pruning isn’t going to stress them out all that much, especially with plants that size. I’ve seen folks prune plants that size dozens of times throughout vegetation. Probably would be good to clean them up before they hit flower, and thin out the bottomTha

Stoneherboneher

Stoneherboneher

I appreciate it dude! I’ll go about lightly defoliating the interior then, seems to be the consensus. Just new to this and needed to see what y’all thought. Thanks again

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can make a nice topiary design with those. Maybe a mama and baby bear. Those are about as pretty as vegging pot plants can get.

Or, if you're not artistically inclined, I would get rid of a lot of the fan leaves in the interior, and remove any branch that does not currently reach the "surface" of the bush.

Stoneherboneher

Stoneherboneher

You can make a nice topiary design with those. Maybe a mama and baby bear. Those are about as pretty as vegging pot plants can get.

Or, if you're not artistically inclined, I would get rid of a lot of the fan leaves in the interior, and remove any branch that does not currently reach the "surface" of the bush.
Haha 😂 thanks! Will do! probably gonna try and see if I can go about attempting cloning a few of the cuttings as well!

Top Bottom