Bushy Short Plant Should I Defoliate Before Flower?

• Thread starter Aslan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aslan

Hey everyone. I'm currently growing Blue Dream from HSO. It's my first photoperiod plant and I've been vegging it for about 3 months now. My question is: do I need to defoliate before I flip to flower? (pics below)

I'm getting ready to start flowering as I'm satisfied with my plant training. I've topped it twice and have used supercropping and tying to keep it as short as possible and keep the canopy even. However, there's a shit ton of fan leaves and I don't know if I should cut some of them off before flowering. Any input would be appreciated.

A

Aslan

A

Aslan

I would leave them on . Never know what def or tox could happen in flower and then you'll need all the fan leafs you can get .
Can I defoliate in flower if I need to? I've defoliated the plant 3 times already but it just keeps bushing out lol.

Maybe I'll just let it grow as it wants and see what happens.. I just feel like the amount of leaves will get in the way for developing buds..

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

i would thin her out and put her into flower. she will bush up once more in flower and then i will trim small amounts daily to get the most light on her.

A

Aslan

Since this is my first photoperiod I'll go easy on her and just remove 3-5 of the yellow fan leaves that aren't getting a lot of light. Can I flip to flower directly after or is that too stressful? I'm sorry if I seem stupid.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Anytime you cut and pluck it's good to give them afew days to recover, I usually don't but since it's your first time, take it slow .

Tomn8r

Tomn8r

Hey everyone. I'm currently growing Blue Dream from HSO. It's my first photoperiod plant and I've been vegging it for about 3 months now. My question is: do I need to defoliate before I flip to flower? (pics below)
IMO i would not cut any leaves off unless they are yellow. Your plants look pretty good!...i would try to top them once or twice more before going into flower.

A

Aslan

What type of light fixture are you using?
I'm using a viparspectra 450w LED with veg and bloom settings.

IMO i would not cut any leaves off unless they are yellow. Your plants look pretty good!...i would try to top them once or twice more before going into flower.
I'm pretty happy with the size of the plant and the amount of growth tips tbh, since this is my first time training a plant I don't want to overdo it.

A

Aslan

Flipped to flower 2 days ago after removing 4 yellow leaves at the bottom of the canopy, it hasn't showed any pistils but it has definitely started to stretch already and growth has started to take off on the nodes of the colas. I think I might need to defoliate just a little bit once the growth spurt has settled though, but I'll be careful not to overdo it or chock the plant.

xavier7995

xavier7995

That sounds pretty good to me. I dont see much point to a defoliation in veg really. I have had pretty good luck with doing a heavy defol when i flip and then going through 3-4 weeks later and hitting it again. I kept getting more and more aggressive with it and went full on schwazzing or whatever it is called last run and liked the results. I think it had a positive impact as i tend to cram a shitload of plants into a small space and dropping all that leaf helped with better airflow/environment.

A

Aslan

Check out how much they stretched, bud sites has started to form at a faster rate and the height gain is slowing down slightly. Removed a few super yellow fan leaves at the bottom that didn't get any light. I think my yield will be more than decent, the stems are thick and it's growing fast as hell.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Looking good man . Just keep everything in check maybe give her some molasses you'll have a nice harvest bro !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom