But While I Wait.....

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

Got four mystery seeds at the smoke shop and my indoor room is currently under construction so I figured while I wait I NEED to pop something while things are on pause....

Never used rockwool cubes before and I have a bunch of grodan minis so I figured This is a good time to give them a shot... I typically use the paper towel method for germinating and then transplant into light warrior in solo cups but I feel like I'm ripping hairs off the roots each time I move them (from paper towel to solo cup and then into 5 gallon smart pot). The goal is to move away from all that so this time I soaked the seeds in tap water (ph 7, <100 ppm) for 36 hours then I dropped them into the mini blocks (soaked in tap water pH'd @ 5.5) and put them in a little "seedling/clone" box I made. Now I'm just waiting for them to pop up hopefully.... Any guess when that would be?

Ive yet to learn or practice any cloning yet so I think I'm just going to keep the girls on veg in here and cut clones off of them as they outgrow the space. If there's any males I'll get them outside somewhere, so I can save pollen if I decide to.

Anybody with any advice please let me know
thanks friends

But while i wait
But while i wait 2
But while i wait 3
But while i wait 4
But while i wait 5
Smerb

Smerb

Got four mystery seeds at the smoke shop and my indoor room is currently under construction so I figured while I wait I NEED to pop something while things are on pause....

Never used rockwool cubes before and I have a bunch of grodan minis so I figured This is a good time to give them a shot... I typically use the paper towel method for germinating and then transplant into light warrior in solo cups but I feel like I'm ripping hairs off the roots each time I move them (from paper towel to solo cup and then into 5 gallon smart pot). The goal is to move away from all that so this time I soaked the seeds in tap water (ph 7, <100 ppm) for 36 hours then I dropped them into the mini blocks (soaked in tap water pH'd @ 5.5) and put them in a little "seedling/clone" box I made. Now I'm just waiting for them to pop up hopefully.... Any guess when that would be?

Ive yet to learn or practice any cloning yet so I think I'm just going to keep the girls on veg in here and cut clones off of them as they outgrow the space. If there's any males I'll get them outside somewhere, so I can save pollen if I decide to.

Anybody with any advice please let me know
thanks friends
Howdy farmer. Well your seeds should be popping in 3 days at most. Your box there looks like it can use some airflow. Looks good, keep posting updates with pics and any help needed will be on its way quick here.

T

Tearsofshiva

Howdy farmer. Well your seeds should be popping in 3 days at most. Your box there looks like it can use some airflow. Looks good, keep posting updates with pics and any help needed will be on its way quick here.
Awesome thanks!

Cut a square and put a little computer fan or something for a vent? In the top or side? The only thing about the enclosed box is I like the humidity but I know they'll be suffocating in there.....

Smerb

Smerb

Awesome thanks!

Cut a square and put a little computer fan or something for a vent? In the top or side? The only thing about the enclosed box is I like the humidity but I know they'll be suffocating in there.....
Yes small fan. Needs to circulate air, one hole for exhaust. Side but at top. They do like proper air flow. Right on!

T

Tearsofshiva

Still haven't popped so I gently opened the rockwool and I saw all the seeds had popped and some were close to the surface, so I'm gonna keep the heat above 80 and I got the top of the box seated diagonally @Smerb so its vented until i do this thing up nice with a timer and such....someday lol

Smerb

Smerb

Still haven't popped so I gently opened the rockwool and I saw all the seeds had popped and some were close to the surface, so I'm gonna keep the heat above 80 and I got the top of the box seated diagonally @Smerb so its vented until i do this thing up nice with a timer and such....someday lol
78 is a little better. Get prepared now for a new space, that plant will outgrow that container. Does your led have changeable spectrums?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

seems like your in the right track and i do agree with you that the paper towel method can pull some hairs off the root for me and I do it the same way every time is just let seed soak in water until they sink then just drop directly into soil(I use soil) gotta remember it's a plant and it's natural flow of life is to just start from seed in dirt and grow simple don't over complicate things that really don't need it hope this helps. Also there are many different ways to do thing finding what works for you is Key not to say anything one person does is wrong compared to the other

T

Tearsofshiva

Still haven't broke the surface so I tossed them. RIP lol. I was thinking.... I soaked my seeds in tap water pH 7 then put them in cubes pH 5.5 that must be a problem right? I should've pH'd the tap water to 5.5 first?

Another cause could be shitty seeds if you look at the pic they didn't look great to begin with and they were freebies anyways so oh well...

But I got Bianca, Ak-47 xtr, and caramelicious from AMS I'm gonna pop now

T

Tearsofshiva

You don't need light until the serrated leaves show. That's a waist. Dark and humid works great.
No light til true leaves gotcha, I figured the light would encourage the seedling to sprout out of the soil? but I guess they can't photo synthesize yet so any light is a waste

T

Tearsofshiva

78 is a little better. Get prepared now for a new space, that plant will outgrow that container. Does your led have changeable spectrums?
Na it's some Home Depot led grow light I bought for $70, honestly don't know much about them i just used them last year for seedlings and it seemed like they were getting plenty of light so I figured they were straight

T

Tearsofshiva

Also, if they get huge before my room construction is done I might have to go guerilla with them somewhere. Never done that before thought it might be fun lol

Smerb

Smerb

Still haven't broke the surface so I tossed them. RIP lol. I was thinking.... I soaked my seeds in tap water pH 7 then put them in cubes pH 5.5 that must be a problem right? I should've pH'd the tap water to 5.5 first?

Another cause could be shitty seeds if you look at the pic they didn't look great to begin with and they were freebies anyways so oh well...

But I got Bianca, Ak-47 xtr, and caramelicious from AMS I'm gonna pop now
I usually grab a bottled water and use that. I don't adjust the ph at all. And honestly I don't soak my seeds. It's the paper towel method for me always, and when a tap root shows it's so close to the seed it won't rip off. A buddy of mine just drops seeds in soil. Boo bam

T

Tearsofshiva

I usually grab a bottled water and use that. I don't adjust the ph at all. And honestly I don't soak my seeds. It's the paper towel method for me always, and when a tap root shows it's so close to the seed it won't rip off. A buddy of mine just drops seeds in soil. Boo bam
Yeah same here this is my second season and last year I popped 72 beans with the paper towel method and dropped them all into light warrior with some added perlite... I really wanna learn to grow in hydro tho....

T

Tearsofshiva

So now i went back to the paper towel method!! Lol but honestly I think it was the genetics anyways.... Now I got white queen, bianca, and am-47 xtr.... Once I have like 1/4" - 1/2" radicle then I'll try putting them in the rockwool again... Try and try again haha

Smerb

Smerb

So now i went back to the paper towel method!! Lol but honestly I think it was the genetics anyways.... Now I got white queen, bianca, and am-47 xtr.... Once I have like 1/4" - 1/2" radicle then I'll try putting them in the rockwool again... Try and try again haha
This will dry out the towel too fast.

Top Bottom