Butane Won't Leave My Recovery Tank

• Thread starter Toker95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trees999

Thanks buddy!!! Sending you gratitude for your dedication to sharing the medicine, all the knowledge and love you have spread around the globe.

T

Trees999

@Graywolf hey guys had a big success on chilling the gas down freezing material chamber and back pressuring with a hot 70/30 120lb propane/butane mix. Ran a 146 lb fresh frozen run and nailed it captured the essence and several runs since. Everything has been cruising till tonight to try as I was unable to bring the back pressure tank propane mix up to a high enough temperature to provide enough pressure. (Closed loop hot wastrer system failing), so i back filled with nitrogen and have learned much as the run has progressed, Now I'm just a little stumped on how to burp the nitrogen? Do I recover it and burp it from the frozen tanks where I know I should be at 0 psi? This recovery seems to be dragging on forever as warned, but I needed

Graywolf

Graywolf

@Graywolf hey guys had a big success on chilling the gas down freezing material chamber and back pressuring with a hot 70/30 120lb propane/butane mix. Ran a 146 lb fresh frozen run and nailed it captured the essence and several runs since. Everything has been cruising till tonight to try as I was unable to bring the back pressure tank propane mix up to a high enough temperature to provide enough pressure. (Closed loop hot wastrer system failing), so i back filled with nitrogen and have learned much as the run has progressed, Now I'm just a little stumped on how to burp the nitrogen? Do I recover it and burp it from the frozen tanks where I know I should be at 0 psi? This recovery seems to be dragging on forever as warned, but I needed

Both propane and butane are heavier than nitrogen, so if you chill the LPG and crack open open a vent in the top of the lid, the first thing to come out should be nitrogen. You should hear an octave shift when the pressure release goes from nitrogen to LPG, so I would stop at that point and try recovery again.

All done outside in a well ventilated ignition source free area, of course.

Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: You will have to do the same thing to both the tanks, because at this point they undoubtedly are both charged with nitrogen.

T

Trees999

@Graywolf hey buddy this is one for the community as I haven't found a thread which covers controlling the temp of a jacketed tank the jacket filled with liquid nitrogen, for a super cold extraction. The goal now is to lower my 70/30 blend to -120 f and pull only the terpenes. Any ideas on how to regulate the temperature of the tank when filling the jacket with ln? I believe it would be possible to begin pulling specific cannabinoids based on how cold my blend is, providing I can regulate the temperature of the jacket consistently, thanks buddy our medecine is reaching so many people and much thanks to your research!!! you paved the way I'm stoked to keep spreading the knowledge love and medecine, also you can check us out at #galaxyextracts on instagram thank you!!! Another long night of pulling levers, watching gauges, and brainstorming new techniques with myself always nice to bounce an idea off a mentor, thank you!

Graywolf

Graywolf

A 70/30 mixture will be close to jello at -120C, so suggest that you keep it just below boiling point in the tank and cool it with a counter flow heat exchanger en route to injection. We inject liquid N2 into the counter flow jacket and allow it to vaporize and vent through an orifice. We use a thermocouple at the discharge to measure temperature and regulate the temperature by how cold the exchanger is and how fast we pump the LPG through the center core. You may have to use an auxillary hot vapor tank to supply additional injection pressure.

L

Leeuk420

Hi guys iv got a 1lb closed loop system. And just got nitrogen. To do a nitrogen push.would you attach to the empty solvent tank on the dip stick..or does it attach to top of column...please get back to me.i really want to know.thank you..

Anynamewilldo

Anynamewilldo

I'm having this same problem.I just open the valve until when?sorry for the dumb question.
How cold is your recovery tank? It will pull a vacuum if it is cold enough.

Stick it in hot water and open the vapor valve. Here are the the pressures at different temperatures and mixtures.

How cold is your recovery tank? It will pull a vacuum if it is cold enough.

Stick it in hot water and open the vapor valve. Here are the the pressures at different temperatures and mixtures.

Top Bottom