Butane wont leave tank

• Thread starter jhr5474
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jhr5474

I recently purchased a 20 lb Ntane tank, it looks much like a propane tank. When I hook it up to my dewax column with the hose I am not able to get butane to flow. I vacuumed out the atmoshphere clear back up to the hose from the bottom of my extractor, yes I pulled a vac before trying to flood the column with butane. I have a gauge on my extractor that shows it go up to 150. I am using dry ice, I have tried to heat tank up with hot water from the sink about 90 degrees and I get nothing. When I have 150 on the gauge, I closed off the valve for the extractor and then release on the bottom to go into my bowl(I am open on that end for the next 2 weeks) nothing but vapor comes out.

I have tried placing it above it, tried to turn it upside down, cant get tane to enter my material column.

P.S. I did figure out I have a tiny hole in my hose at the end of trying. I am going to replace that before I try again, everything is outside, I am safe. but would that cause this? I was using cans and I will go back if I have too but it really is a pain to buy it in cans, not for me.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone willing to help, I have succeeded using my extractor tons of times but just cant seem to get the liquid to flow?

JG420

JG420

Something sounds wrong here obviously, did you purchase it from the store? If so I'd just return it bc it's not like butane has an aerosol in it to push it out. It's a gas that under pressure turns to a liquid but when u open the valve to atmosphere it should immediately evaporate causing pressure and push its self out so either A its empty or B it's not butane.

Top Bottom