Buy local, pay cash. BGH bankrupt, fed courts have your name.

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

Got a lovely notice in the mail today.

BGH is filing for bankruptcy in United States Bankruptcy Court, Central district of California. As part of this is seems all former customers were notified as they may be possible creditors. In other words, If you ever bought anything from BGH, the Fed Courts now have your name and shipping info.

Buy local, pay cash.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Got a lovely notice in the mail today.

BGH is filing for bankruptcy in United States Bankruptcy Court, Central district of California. As part of this is seems all former customers were notified as they may be possible creditors. In other words, If you ever bought anything from BGH, the Fed Courts now have your name and shipping info.

Buy local, pay cash.

Damn, I never even considered anything like that, I've always purchased local except for my pots, which I buy from a online gardening co, not an online hydro shop. Good info, even better advice!!

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks Cort.

I buy most of my gear from a Nursery. I only go into the grow store when I need something specialized, and when I do, I utilize the back door. I also park away from the immediate area and check my rearview to see if anyone is following me.

putembk

putembk

Always felt a little paranoid when I visit the grow store. I scout out the place before I go in but thats a waste, don't think anybody watching is going to be obvious or walk up and introduce themselves to me.

I try to use cash but don't like $100's, am worried that some day I will get and unknowingly try to pass a counterfeit bill. Not so much at the grow store but a gas station, restaurant or similar. Don't really have a good story on where I got a hundred, a twenty would be easy but worry about anything more.

Cort

Cort

Yes, but what about the stories of police and rippers pulling surveillance down the street? I would say if you choose to buy local, do some reasearch on the most discrete location.
You do have a quandary there.

I live in a legal state (Cal) and my garden is personal, not for profit in compliance, so the local cops arent a much of a concern. Id rather stay under Federal radar. Even though Im sure than have better things to do than raid my tent, you dont poke the bear.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm going to let everyone in on a little secret. You have to promise not to tell anyone. It's private knowledge just for the farm.

The feds already have your name and address. Like I said, top secret, so don't tell ANYONE!!

In 2012, the feds aren't scouring growstore ledgers for tent growers. BGH probably had 100s of commercial ops in CA & CO spending 100 times a little tent grower. So when they do start scouring business ledgers, they might not start with you.

outwest

Thoth

Thoth

Ugh. This reminds me of when a VPN provider ended up turning in all the names and details of its clients, despite in the their terms saying they would never do that.

A

AlterEgo860

Always felt a little paranoid when I visit the grow store. I scout out the place before I go in but thats a waste, don't think anybody watching is going to be obvious or walk up and introduce themselves to me.

I try to use cash but don't like $100's, am worried that some day I will get and unknowingly try to pass a counterfeit bill. Not so much at the grow store but a gas station, restaurant or similar. Don't really have a good story on where I got a hundred, a twenty would be easy but worry about anything more.

buy some markers off the net bro.. its soo worth it.. had a dude try to pull this .. was putting a fake 20 in with like every 300 bucks.. couldn't figure out who was doing it till I bought a marker. then.. 1 day. I got the call. and had him come.. gave him his 400bucks worth of fake 20s back.. and kept the real cash and didn't bring any bud.. taught him a lesson really quick.

A

AlterEgo860

just try to know the laws before you break them.. and know what to do in a bad situation before it happens.. can save u from a bunch of bullshit in the end. because passing fake cash.. is a great big fuckin charge.. and making it .. is even worse.

ttystikk

ttystikk

just try to know the laws before you break them.. and know what to do in a bad situation before it happens.. can save u from a bunch of bullshit in the end. because passing fake cash.. is a great big fuckin charge.. and making it .. is even worse.

This is vague and useless advice at best. I have worked for many a law firm, and none of what you say here is actionable, except don't make counterfeit money. Like the poster said, often you don't know you're even getting fake bills.

K

kolah

Cash is King..it's all I use.

If I need something else I get a money order (international if need be) and use a safe delivery mailing address and a pen-name.

putembk

putembk

I use cash, because I get lots, am going to take alteregos advise and get some markers. Will try office max before going to the net however. Have heard about fake $100 bills being passed around in the area so thinking it's probably a smart thing to do. Like $20's a lot better but for some reason everybody gives me $100's. Guess it makes people feel like rollers. Makes me feel like a target.

clockworx

clockworx

The new money just came out and the 100s are near impossible for someone to copy, just take the time to really look at it. Also just a note to you guys talking about the "markers" , all someone that has fake money has to do is spray the bills with aqua net hair spray and the markers show it as a real bill......its a known trick.....so don't trust the marker...that's how crooks get over , they find something people "trust" and then find a way to beat it......the fact is.....if someone is a good printer/fraud you won't be able to catch it no matter what, most people aren't that good and if you take the time to look or use a paper micrometer you can spot the bullshit........... prepaid cards , a prepaid phone with mobile hot spot, and a computer linked to it that utilizes a bs ip address and then linked to a proxy scrambler is the way to go if you really want to be safe.... just don't use the same phone or computer to do banking or phone calls or anything that can be linked to you.....I don't think people really understand the technology the government has, if they want you, your going down , period....the things I listed are mandatory basics if your trying to go undetected .... most people in society today can't live daily life without doing something everyday that makes them traceable, they just don't realize it....people say buy local but that might be the worst thing to do, ordering from another state causes more problems law wise for police to hunt you, if you buy something local, you live there, the cops have jurisdiction there, people that know you are there, the case is easy as hell to build. As opposed to a cop finding your info in texas and you living in california, they would have to pass info to a local agency, and if that happens it will be the feds or dea looking for big dogs, not some tent grow... people need to be more worried about talking to friends who get popped and roll...its going to be something local that gets you pinched, not ordering off the computer....

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The other day a hundred light operation went down in my city. It was a total fluke. Someone was running from the cops and tried to break in to what he thought was an abandoned warehouse. He had pried the door open enough where the cops thought he had gone in, so they went in as well. Boy they must have been surprised when they stumbled upon a 100k operation and not the guy they were chasing.

I do my best to not live in paranoia. To me it is a product of fear. I keep my plant counts in check and do my thing. I order off the internet. I go to the hydro store. I don't always pay cash.

One thing I do not do.....is invite people to my place unless I would take a bullet for that person....and vice versa. Otherwise I mind my business and do my thing.

Top Bottom