C Vaults Yea or Nay?

• Thread starter brianakabear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brianakabear

brianakabear

Im almost finished drying and was told to get a C Vault. Do they work in your experience? They require a 62%rRH pack but I was warned those such flavor and smell from the medicine....... Any thoughts or experiences?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Been using mason jars for years. I dont see the point of expensive jars or humidity packs. A standard jar works great by itself.

If weed is intended to be kept more than 6 months to a year it needs vaac sealing to stay fresh and potent.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Old post from 2017,

"opened 5 cvaults that have been sealed shut since the end of oct. (6 months) with no boveda packs .
all cvaults were steady at 62% rh on the hygrometer when the vaults were closed last October. when opened 2 of the hygrometers batteries had died the other 3 were at 61%, 61% and 59%."

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I have a collection of cvaults and steeltainers. Only thing I dont like about cvaults is they're not very efficient when storing them. Big and round while most cupboards, fridges, etc are square/rectangle.
I do prefer the stainless steel much more than glass or plastic.
Now I mostly use large steeltainers for their storing efficiency and vacuum seal them but I still use cvaults for the stuff I process into rosin.
One tip I highly recommend is lining the cvault with parchment paper. This will prevent your buds from leaving resinous goodies stuck to the container. Same goes for jars too really. If you use the same container over and over you'll notice a build up of *jar hash* once they're emptied. Parchment paper prevents that 😋

the rrock

the rrock

what is the pricepoint ,is there a noticeable difference between cvaults and jars, ive been usin mason jars since early 80s with no probs. If the bud stay in the jar too long I just use it for concentrates or whatever
Does anyone remember using CBay(like EBay) from cannabis world I believe,there were some real gems available

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Last ones I bought were $180 delivered for 2 of the 8 liter size and 2 of the 4 liter.

8 liter holds 16 - 20 oz of dense flower
6 liter 12 oz
4 liter 8 oz

Hard to find the 6 liter size

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
what is the pricepoint ,is there a noticeable difference between cvaults and jars, ive been usin mason jars since early 80s with no probs. If the bud stay in the jar too long I just use it for concentrates or whatever
Does anyone remember using CBay(like EBay) from cannabis world I believe,there were some real gems available

Stainless steel is always going to be much more spendy than glass but there's some deals out there. One thing about cvaults is you are paying a markup for that brand. But they're not the only ones out there. When I bought mine they pretty much were the only option but if I had to buy more today I would look more into Sistema 5l or 8l containers which are $60 and $75 respectively on amazon. An 8l Cvault can be priced at over $100 depending on the vendor but I did get one for $60 in 2015

61JDXD9pkRL AC SL1001

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow these things are pretty expensive for a problem i didnt know existed. $8 buck a case for quart ball jars.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Onyx stainless steel are identical to cvaults but without the place to put the boveda packs.

Screenshot 20210417 121147 Chrome
Top Bottom