C02 c02

• Thread starter Luke Harrison
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

I have done lot's of searches on the site and can;t find anything to answer My question. Which is do you run low c02 durning veg? My girls were growing great in My room which is totally sealed my c02 readings were down to 170ppm so I fired up the c02 to try and kepp it around 300 400ppm reg air is 500ppm. Now they seem to have stopped growing taller was wondering if anyone new if c02 would cause them to stop. Like I said the room is sealed tight I run a/c and a DIY Under current 6 site system and to 1000w vert's with Growtronix DDC Controls.

S

SOGreenThumb

The Co2 would not cause them to stop growing. it would make them grow faster.

D

dynamitejack

How are you measuring your Co2 levels?You plants can easily handle up to 2000ppm before they start to be negatively affected by Co2?

OGONLY

OGONLY

I'd say your meter is broke. Can it possibly be 170 PPM? I've never seen below 450 in my room without the generator running even.

Set it to run at between at least 500-600 PPM. Are you running tank or Gen?

J

jakesterjammin

I'd say your meter is broke. Can it possibly be 170 PPM? I've never seen below 450 in my room without the generator running even.
Yes I agree...
Normal atmosphere is around 300-400ppm..

Yes the chamber can become depleted to a point, but 170ppm, I'm thinking no..
Now if your Co2 reader is broke and reading the incorrect ppm, then you're really dumping in say up most of 2000ppm, then yes that can slow growth..

The reason being is below the soil requires O2, and without it and or very low levels of O2 to the root system, the plants water/nutrient absolution rates drop off dramatically... Thus a slower growth, because if the roots cannot absorb water, the plant's stomata will close (natural defense to dehydration), which lowers the plant's transpiration rate, thus slows or stops cell expansion or growth rates...

If that makes sense... :blush

J

Jalisco Kid

In a sealed room your plants can suck your co2 down to 50 ppm easy when the gas runs out. JK

Top Bottom