C02 Question

• Thread starter lawliet555
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lawliet555

lawliet555

I have a 48"x24"x60" grow tent with three plants and would like to add C02. Since it is so small I am thinking of using a C02 bag or TNB bottle. With it bwing a fairly small grow tent will I be in any danger of having to much C02 for the plants or would I be fine with just running the exhaust as a way to control heat.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have a 48"x24"x60" grow tent with three plants and would like to add C02. Since it is so small I am thinking of using a C02 bag or TNB bottle. With it bwing a fairly small grow tent will I be in any danger of having to much C02 for the plants or would I be fine with just running the exhaust as a way to control heat.
Don’t think you need co2 in grow tent. If you’re constantly exhausting the air you will waste the co2. Better to run growing in a sealed room. You will be fine with an exhaust fan, clip fans, and an intake fan if needed. I run all three.

lawliet555

lawliet555

Thanks for the advice, I will prob hold off on the c02 enrichment for now until I get around to upgrading the tent or make a room for it.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
There's cheaper methods of generating CO2.. You can look up yeast CO2 generators, they're super easy to make. I would run exhaust fan during lights off, and turn exhaust fan off during lights on. For a yeast CO2 generator you basically only need Yeast, Sugar, Water, a 5 gal. bucket with a lid, and some 1/4" airline hosing. There's further instructions in a google search if this piques your interest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There's cheaper methods of generating CO2.. You can look up yeast CO2 generators, they're super easy to make. I would run exhaust fan during lights off, and turn exhaust fan off during lights on. For a yeast CO2 generator you basically only need Yeast, Sugar, Water, a 5 gal. bucket with a lid, and some 1/4" airline hosing. There's further instructions in a google search if this piques your interest.
Imo tents and CO2 are not really doable. The temps and humidity would get too high to turn off exhaust. And the CO2 would be sucked out if running them.

You really need a sealed space with environmental control

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Imo tents and CO2 are not really doable. The temps and humidity would get too high to turn off exhaust. And the CO2 would be sucked out if running them.

You really need a sealed space with environmental control

Yeah, I reckon it all depends on how good the tent is, etc. It is doable. Keep in mind higher RH and temps are favorable when supplementing CO2. I've noticed my sealed grows tend to look happier when supplementing 1,500-2,500 ppm CO2 and temps are in the upper 80's, lower 90's.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, I reckon it all depends on how good the tent is, etc. It is doable. Keep in mind higher RH and temps are favorable when supplementing CO2. I've noticed my sealed grows tend to look happier when supplementing 1,500-2,500 ppm CO2 and temps are in the upper 80's, lower 90's.
Have a different experience when testing my 4x4 without AC or dehumidification. Temps crazy and humidity reaching dew point easily from mid veg on.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Maybe if he could rig a portable AC unit to act as a mini-split for his tent? If he's running an LED light he might be alright. IDK. I've never owned a grow tent so I can't speak as to how well they're sealed or hold air if they hold anything at all or if they breathe too much.

You could always go the route I took and line your entire grow room with high quality Panda plastic. Floors, walls, ceiling, the whole thing. I found 10'x100' rolls on Amazon for 79.99 shipped.

Well at any rate, if growing indoors, I am a huge proponent of supplementing CO2 in any way possible. Just makes life easier, imo.

lawliet555

lawliet555

Maybe if he could rig a portable AC unit to act as a mini-split for his tent? If he's running an LED light he might be alright. IDK. I've never owned a grow tent so I can't speak as to how well they're sealed or hold air if they hold anything at all or if they breathe too much.

You could always go the route I took and line your entire grow room with high quality Panda plastic. Floors, walls, ceiling, the whole thing. I found 10'x100' rolls on Amazon for 79.99 shipped.

Well at any rate, if growing indoors, I am a huge proponent of supplementing CO2 in any way possible. Just makes life easier, imo.
Since I live in Calgary Humidity and temps are almost always low and I have never had the need for a de-humidifier or AC unit, my tent lives in a heated underground garage so the temp outside of the tent is usually 15°C in the summer and sits at 5°C in the winter. The main issue that I am seeing as pointed out in the comments is the lack of sealed room to hold the c02 in. For now I will prob hold off on the c02 and wait till I get around to making a proper grow room.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Since I live in Calgary Humidity and temps are almost always low and I have never had the need for a de-humidifier or AC unit, my tent lives in a heated underground garage so the temp outside of the tent is usually 15°C in the summer and sits at 5°C in the winter. The main issue that I am seeing as pointed out in the comments is the lack of sealed room to hold the c02 in. For now I will prob hold off on the c02 and wait till I get around to making a proper grow room.
Once I had everything dialed nicely I used DIY baking soda and vinegar bombs, in one bottle, gas through hose into tent fills the tent with about 2500ppm and slowly leaks to 800ppm after about 30 Minutes, to give you an idea of leak rate.. one tbsp baking soda = 30 min charge

Pondracer

Pondracer

This is good to know, I am looking at implementing CO2 once I get my lights installed in a 5x9x7H tent. Before I get too far out on a limb I will do some test runs for temp and humidity.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is good to know, I am looking at implementing CO2 once I get my lights installed in a 5x9x7H tent. Before I get too far out on a limb I will do some test runs for temp and humidity.
good choice

Top Bottom